The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slavegear - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 42]

101 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 29 Jul - 2:27

"how many soldiers do you think will be at the ball?" Moon asked, frowning as she looked at Twilight.

"Oh, and I'd like to mention I'm an expert at breaking into places I shouldn't be. Royal vaults, private events, castles, the lot. I'm also not too bad at breaking out."

View user profile

102 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 29 Jul - 16:12

"Ok, that's good" Kaylee nodded to Moon: "We'll need your help at the ball"
She thought for a moment: "..I don't know how many soldiers will be there. If the mansion is big, they'll need a lot of men to cover the perimeter. A few more, inside the building.
There may also be high ranking officers attending the ball as guests. They won't be on duty so they probably won't have any armor or large weapons. Probably wearing tuxedos or dresses, dispersed throughout the crowd. Hopefully I'll be able to pass for one of them"

She rubbed her forehead and sighed:
"Alright, we should eat something and rest now. We're short on time as it is. Grab some sleep if you can, we don't know when we'll have another opportunity"

Riza slowly drifted toward one of the windows and looked outside: "..I'll keep watch while you sleep. You don't have to worry about ambushes. I'll wake you up if something suspicious happens"

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

103 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 29 Jul - 20:04

"Riza," Tarmikos looks to her "being a doctor I assume you have some of your medical textbooks with you. If they are here, would I be able to take a look through them?"

Radiance having grabbed himself a cup of tea while the group was talking found a comfortable position on the floor. Leggs crossed and back leaned against the wall.

View user profile

104 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 0:07

"Yeah" Riza pointed at a dusty cabinet, next to a far wall: "There's several official Union books about internal diseases, cardiovascular surgery and some of my personal notes, back from when I was still in the university"

Kaylee placed the bag of groceries that Johan had prepared, on the table and laid out its contents. She absentmindedly chewed on a small piece of bred, then quietly sat in one of the armchairs and fell asleep almost immediately.

The ambient sounds of the city, faintly reached your hearing. Distant voices of people, slowly making their way across the streets. An occasional car that passed under the windows. The echo of a helicopter that circled around somewhere, far, far away.
This part of town was quiet. The rhythmic sound of dripping water from a sewage pipe somewhere, slowly lulled you over time.

The streets were quiet. Its unclear how much time exactly passed, when another ringtone from the cellphone, sent Kaylee jolting up from her armchair and looking around half asleep.

"Its ok" You heard Riza's voice from the darkness: "...nothing exciting happened while you rested" She was standing next to one of the windows, leaning against the wall and watching the city of Sanja, with a strange, empty expression.

Kaylee twisted about in her armchair and pulled out the cellphone. The green glow of its screen, faintly illuminated the room:
"...mm... its Wrecker..." she mumbled, still trying to wake up, then looked at her watch:
"...damn.. we're really short on time. The ball is going down in only 1 hour.

We need to head over to Wrecker now, or forget about him and head straight for the ball.
To be honest, I really think we should at least hear what he has to say. I don't know what help he can offer but it may give us the edge we need"

105 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 2:32

While the group slept Tarmikos spent most of the time looking through the books. Trying to find anything on his disease. Being unconscious for a year modern medicine could have found a way to cure it in that time. If anything it was good to refresh his mind. He fell asleep after about an hour passing out on the table.

"I'll go meet him," Radiance said standing and cracking his back "I can meet up with the rest of you at the ball later, or just head back to the apartment and keep it secure. I owe Wrecker for saving my life and like I said, I'll stick out far too much at the ball"

View user profile

106 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 9:19

Twilight yawns as she wakes up, having done little but writing even more formulas and theories about that spell until she fell asleep.

"Hmmm..." She begins to ponder. "Just to be clear, what we want to ask Dr. Zarovee is a confidential question about how much that chip can control the mind, right? It's not something that's public knowledge and can be found in the manuals or be asked at the reception of the factory."

View user profile

107 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 11:31

(Tarmikos)

After looking through mountains and mountains of technical medical texts, you couldn't find anything useful, except one thing. A small note, hand written by Riza in one of her notebooks. A reference to Dr. Lucius Zarovee and his attempts to persuade the medical board of directors, to initiate preliminary tests of a new technique for combating certain types of cancer.

The technique required the use of Tilerium, to code specific DNA strands, that would directly target cancer cells. The cost of the project was astronomical and the predicted side effects too dangerous.

The notes seem to indicate the project got scrapped, but its unclear if Dr. Zarovee actually left it alone.

(Everyone)

Velvet_horse wrote:
"Hmmm..." She begins to ponder. "Just to be clear, what we want to ask Dr. Zarovee is a confidential question about how much that chip can control the mind, right? It's not something that's public knowledge and can be found in the manuals or be asked at the reception of the factory."

"Its not that" Riza shook her head: "You have to understand, the entire world holds the opinion that mind control, via the Neurochip, is impossible. Its unheard of.
The chip was publically tested by several independent corporations and found completely safe for use. Thousands of people already have it installed.
No one suspects anything. No one believes...... no one will believe that mind control is possible.
If it was, then other opportunistic countries would have already stolen this research, militarized it and used it in their own machinations.

But that didn't happened. Literally no one knows that mind control is possible. Chiefs of security, government figures, high ranking officers in several countries, a lot of them have a Neurochip. They would never do it if they believed, even for a second, that mind control is possible"

Riza looked at Twilight and swallowed: "This is scary to me.
I don't know where this mind control research came from. I don't know who developed it. But from what you told me, it seems that its based on Dr. Zarovee's Neurochip.

If you can find Dr. Zarovee and convince him to help you, he may be able to figure out, how mind control works. Perhaps, even prevent it. Twilight, its vital that you succeed in this mission. Without proof, the entire world will be left vulnerable.

How long, until someone mind controls a high ranking officer, and makes him order an assault on a  different country? The entire world will be sent into chaos. You have to stop it. You have to prove that Neurochips are dangerous. Dr. Zarovee, is the best hope to do it.

Tarmikos wrote:
"I'll go meet him," Radiance said standing and cracking his back "I can meet up with the rest of you at the ball later, or just head back to the apartment and keep it secure. I owe Wrecker for saving my life and like I said, I'll stick out far too much at the ball"

"We're going together" Kaylee said, crossing her arms: "We can go to Wrecker first or head straight to the ball, but we must go together. It will be easier for us to protect each other that way.

If we go separately, we won't be able to help each other, if something bad happens"

108 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 14:06

"I agree with Kaylee. I also think we should go straight to the ball, maybe we can pick up things we need on the way. I'm pretty good at shoplifting" Moon yawned.

View user profile

109 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 17:09

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Tarmikos)

After looking through mountains and mountains of technical medical texts, you couldn't find anything useful, except one thing. A small note, hand written by Riza in one of her notebooks. A reference to Dr. Lucius Zarovee and his attempts to persuade the medical board of directors, to initiate preliminary tests of a new technique for combating certain types of cancer.

The technique required the use of Tilerium, to code specific DNA strands, that would directly target cancer cells. The cost of the project was astronomical and the predicted side effects too dangerous.

The notes seem to indicate the project got scrapped, but its unclear if Dr. Zarovee actually left it alone.

(Everyone)

Velvet_horse wrote:

"Its not that" Riza shook her head: "You have to understand, the entire world holds the opinion that mind control, via the Neurochip, is impossible. Its unheard of.
The chip was publically tested by several independent corporations and found completely safe for use. Thousands of people already have it installed.
No one suspects anything. No one believes...... no one will believe that mind control is possible.
If it was, then other opportunistic countries would have already stolen this research, militarized it and used it in their own machinations.

But that didn't happened. Literally no one knows that mind control is possible. Chiefs of security, government figures, high ranking officers in several countries, a lot of them have a Neurochip. They would never do it if they believed, even for a second, that mind control is possible"

Riza looked at Twilight and swallowed: "This is scary to me.
I don't know where this mind control research came from. I don't know who developed it. But from what you told me, it seems that its based on Dr. Zarovee's Neurochip.

If you can find Dr. Zarovee and convince him to help you, he may be able to figure out, how mind control works. Perhaps, even prevent it. Twilight, its vital that you succeed in this mission. Without proof, the entire world will be left vulnerable.

How long, until someone mind controls a high ranking officer, and makes him order an assault on a  different country? The entire world will be sent into chaos. You have to stop it. You have to prove that Neurochips are dangerous. Dr. Zarovee, is the best hope to do it.

Tarmikos wrote:

"We're going together" Kaylee said, crossing her arms: "We can go to Wrecker first or head straight to the ball, but we must go together. It will be easier for us to protect each other that way.

If we go separately, we won't be able to help each other, if something bad happens"

"Let's just hope then that nobody got to Dr. Zarovee first..." Lord Wyvern says.

View user profile

110 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 17:11

"......"

Twilight pinches the bridge of her nose.
"So let me get this straight.... We're in a nation that has build neurochips to control giant robots, anlong with said robots... Yet they can't even figure out the basics of enchantments?"

She then shakes her head.
"Given that thought, I believe Zarovee's a dead end in this. We're going to force him to recall his greatest work for danger that it has been proven to be ineffective to. And that's not going to pass silently, everyone will hear that. Call me paranoia, but the enemy will not sit still for that. That is, if he even budges far enough to our demands."

She gets up again. "I suggest we all go to where Wrecker is, especially the good doctor. It might be smart to first have these removed before we try anything again. Since the last time we controlled machines with them, losing them makes it impossible to do anything again with them."

View user profile

111 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 17:16

// Hey guys, our previous rp thread must have become too long, it looks like the website automatically split it into 2 parts and locked the previous one.
Looks like we can continue posting on this thread, so no worries ^^

112 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 17:30

Kaylee Brown wrote:// Hey guys, our previous rp thread must have become too long, it looks like the website automatically split it into 2 parts and locked the previous one.
Looks like we can continue posting on this thread, so no worries ^^

// so the individual threads are hard capped at 40 pages?

View user profile

113 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 17:38

Riza turned slightly pale:
"..Twilight... I'm not a neurosurgeon. I specialize in blood vessel and heart surgery. That chip is linked directly into your brain. I am afraid to go anywhere near it, let alone try to remove it, lest I cause permanent brain damage to all of you and I don't want that on my hands"

You need a doctor who specializes in cybernetic implantation or a neurosurgeon or a cranial surgeon or something like that... I'm not qualified to do this!" she nervously scratched the front of her neck:
"...you ever need a heart valve replacement, I can do that. But brain surgery.. Twilight I only have a general grasp of this. I'm not touching that chip. I'm not risking your lives with this"

She nervously paced around the room, wiping the fresh sweat from her forehead:
"...Dr. Zarovee designed the chip.. if someone can figure out how mind control works, it him. He's also the one who wrote the book on cybernetic implantations. He knows how to implant the chips, he must also know how to remove them.

I don't believe he's a malicious man. You have to ask him for help, you have to try! There may be other experts on cybernetics, but they didn't design the chip, it will take them days, weeks maybe to even grasp how the Neurochip works, much less figure out how it was altered.

I don't know where the other scientists are, or even who they are.
Dr. Zarovee is close by. He remains your best bet" She nervously looked left and right:
"Also please don't ask me to go with you.. I've had my share of excitement for one day"

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Sat 30 Jul - 17:41; edited 1 time in total

114 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 17:39

Lord Wyvern wrote:
// so the individual threads are hard capped at 40 pages?

// Yeah, I guess :/

115 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 30 Jul - 19:16

Kaylee rubbed her forehead:
"..we're loosing time. Perhaps its best if we split into two even groups and pursue two different objectives.
One group will head to the ball, the other will meet Wrecker"

116 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 9:34

Radiance turns and raises an eyebrow at her but doesn't say anything. He just goes back to the apple he's been eating since he awoke.

"So, for those going to the ball," Tarmikos asks while putting the books back he had borrowed from Riza, "What are we going to do about outfits? We're dressed like bargain bin rejects right now."

View user profile

117 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 9:40

"It may be possible to nick some clothes from a dressing room, inside the ball, after we sneak inside"
Kaylee said as she slowly got up and walked toward the door:

"Lets go, we're short on time" She looked at Riza: "....Thank you for everything... I'm sorry about the clinic"

Riza just awkwardly nodded, still standing against the wall.
Kaylee nodded back with a small smile, opened the door and motioned everyone to follow.

118 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 14:05

"Seems that if we are going to split up," Tarmikos comments "I'll head to the ball with whoever is going. And I'll just assume that Wyvern, Radiance, and Rain are going to meet with Wrecker."

He makes his way out of the room past Kaylee. The veins on his arm are softly pulsating a cyan colour.

Radiance nods to Tarmikos. He appears to be lost in thought. A troubled look has come over his face and his ears seeming to be pricking more than usual. The apartment felt wrong, Kaylee's change in group ideology felt wrong, and the groups seemingly open use of dark magic felt very wrong.

View user profile

119 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 15:09

"I think I should go to the ball. On the way, maybe we can steal some nice clothes from a shop, as well as something to colour our hair." She stood up and walked out the door.

View user profile

120 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 15:46

"Those of us that are going to see Wrecker are going to need a map or directions of some kind" Lord Wyvern points out.

View user profile

121 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 16:30

Twilight walks out of the appartment as well. "Wrecker can give us directions through text. If anyone has it, could they hand me the phone? I can guide us to him then."

View user profile

122 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 17:17

"Good call Moon," Tarmikos says in response to her clothing remark "One less bit of stealth to worry about. Which now that we're on that. Do we all have cover stories and fake aliases decided for when we get to the ball? Best to sort that out now as to not get confused and break cover."

Radiance crosses his arms and shifts his weight between both legs. He scans the area once again with his hearing. Listening to any news broadcasts from turned on radios. Now with the ambient noises learned picking up on the smaller details would be easier.

View user profile

123 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 17:45

(Everyone)

Riza approached Moon: "The ball will take place at the grand mansion of Sanja. Its really far on foot, you may have to take a bus there. There's a central bus station, just a few blocks from here, take the bus number 5, it will take you to the edge of the city, very close to the mansion"
She passed Moon a 20 credit bill: "Here, take this, it should be enough for the bus"

Kaylee pulled the cellphone out of her pocket and passed it to Twilight: "Here you go. Wrecker said he'll meet us at a place called the 'Winter Park'. I'll go to see him as well"
She looked at the others and nodded with a small smile: "We'll see you guys soon. Good luck"

(Radiance)

As you scan the area, a TV broadcast is faintly heard from one of the windows. The TV host was enthusiastically talking about something. For a while you heard only gibberish, until you vividly heard Kaylee's name, mentioned several times.
A few seconds later, someone turned the volume up and the broadcast came in more clearly:

"....-I mean, lets talk about this Kaylee Brown for a second. Yeah, supposedly a very famous ship Captain, distinguished service bla bla bla, but does anyone know she almost faced charges for allegedly using drugs when she was sixteen?

I mean, what the hell is this? They let drug addicts into the military now? I mean, how do we know she's not using drugs, at this very moment!
And this is the kind of person we're supposed to trust in a crisis? We placed a high tech warship,  with weapons of mass destruction, into the hands of a drug addicts? What the hell is this?!"

The channel on the TV changed. Kaylee didn't seem to hear anything. It appears the TV was too far away, for her to notice.

(En route to Winter Park)

The streets seemed a bit empty, barely any cars or people walked by. The roads were faintly illuminates by street lights and surrounded on both sides by very old apartments, built well over fifty years ago.

Kaylee kept watching the night sky for some reason and frowning, until she finally said:
"...its so weird, I could have sworn over 24 hours passed since we entered Nyx, why is it still night?.." she thought for a moment, then blinked, visibly resisting the urge to slap herself on the forehead:
"Oh my god, how did I forget. Nyx is geographically located in a region of earth that see's very long nights. A single night in Nyx can last for several days. That's why its always dark here.."

The sound of a helicopter, flying somewhere far in the distance, made her lower her ears and nervously look around:
"Twilight, did you text Wrecker for directions? I feel so nervous walking here.."

(En route to the Ball)

As you make your way through the city, several armored cars suddenly zoomed by and vanished from view. You could see Artemis markings on them, before they turned a corner and vanished. They didn't seem like they were watching the streets, they only speeded away somewhere, driving dangerously fast.

124 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 18:02

Hearing the broadcast Radiance made his way so that he was walking beside Kaylee. It was time to investigate the former ship captain.

"Figured something like that would be common knowledge for a former ship captain. Still, constant darkness isn't so bad. Nothing to see, nothing to fear. But I am curious about something. How did you lose your leg?"

View user profile

125 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 31 Jul - 18:12

"Sending a message at this very moment."

She looks around for the name of the street they're on.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum