The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slavegear - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 42]

51 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 22 Jul - 19:45

MoonDusts wrote:"What if we run into trouble on the way? Some of us are having issues walking. We need rest, we can't do anything otherwise."

"We don't all have to go, we just have to send a representative or two" Lord Wyvern answers.

View user profile

52 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 22 Jul - 20:19

She sighs deeply. "You, with the afro. I know you want to get out of here fast, but as it stands now, you won't return if you go out. Take a good look at yourself, and us, then tell me, are we in any condition to do anything?"

She leans back again. "Wrecker's trusting us for now. Enough to give us a job even after we ruined his home. You really want to go there to ask what his plan is alone so we can decide to do it or not alone? Sorry boy, but that's not going to fly with him, he'll kick your ass for that. We're staying here, unless you can convince us all to go."

View user profile

53 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 22 Jul - 20:30

Velvet_horse wrote:She sighs deeply. "You, with the afro. I know you want to get out of here fast, but as it stands now, you won't return if you go out. Take a good look at yourself, and us, then tell me, are we in any condition to do anything?"

She leans back again. "Wrecker's trusting us for now. Enough to give us a job even after we ruined his home. You really want to go there to ask what his plan is alone so we can decide to do it or not alone? Sorry boy, but that's not going to fly with him, he'll kick your ass for that. We're staying here, unless you can convince us all to go."

"There was no need to be rude" Lord Wyvern says, "The representatives wouldn't make the choice there and then; they would just hear what the job is, and report back here".

"He only gave us a short time frame to meet him there" Lord Wyvern continues, "15 minutes to be exact".

View user profile

54 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 22 Jul - 20:34

/me look to wyvern, "if you want to leave so bad then go... Just know that your leaving everyone else here... They all want to stay because their tired... This is the one place they have to rest..m even I understand that... The city is crawling with soldiers after what your friend pulled..."

View user profile

55 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 22 Jul - 21:05

"It was just a suggestion; if noone wants to go, then we won't go" Lord Wyvern finished, "There's just no guarantee Wrecker will call back to arrange another meeting if we don't show up".

View user profile

56 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 23 Jul - 3:29

"Maybe we can text him, asking to postpone the meeting to a later time?" Kaylee asked after a moment.

Tarmikos wrote:"Kaylee, how likely is Artemis to have anyone watching the clouds above the city. I'm thinking you and me use them as cover, walk across and get the mission from Recker. It would keep us reasonably hidden"

"Artemis is likely aware of this loophole and probably took steps to compensate" Kaylee said, thinking: "If I were them, I would organize systematic patrols to fly over the city, equipped with thermal vision goggles. Even if we stay inside the clouds, we will stick out like a single lit candle, in a completely dark room.
Its also possible that they're in the process of imposing a 'No Fly' rule, over the city. If that happens, then anyone who will take off, will be viewed as a suspect. It will be easier to manage the area that way.

I don't know exactly what they'll plan, but its safe to assume they will take steps to monitor the air traffic"

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

57 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 23 Jul - 6:30

"That's a fair point" he nods to Kaylee then to the group "As much as I'd like to see Wrecker I think Twilight is being the most level-headed here and we should listen to her advice. There is also the possibility that the message is a trap, and I'm done with getting jumped for a while." he rubs the back of his neck trying to work out a knot. "Do you have any tea here Riza?"

View user profile

58 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 23 Jul - 8:59

"At least call me by last name, if you're not going to use an honorific" Riza said rolling her eyes slightly and drifting into the kitchen: "..how uncourteous"

Kaylee waited a moment, then said: "..the message could be a trap, but by whom? It couldn't be Artemis, if they got close enough to plant a phone on us, they could have planted a tracker instead. Or a bomb. They wouldn't have a need to draw us out, they would just storm this apartment.
...And if its Marek's men, they would've planted a tracker and stormed this place as well...

Mmm... no, I don't think its a trap. If an enemy got close enough to us, to plant a phone in our pocket, they wouldn't need to do something complicated like drawing us out.

There's no hundred percent guarantee, but I do think its Wrecker"

Riza emerged from the kitchen again with a box of tea. It was half open and the pleasant smell of dried leaves began to slowly disperse around the room.
"There's a kettle and cups by the wall" Riza pointed behind her and placed the box of tea on the table.
"I'll get the water started" she said as she began to fill the kettle from a nearby sink.

59 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 23 Jul - 11:41

Kaylee Brown wrote:"At least call me by last name, if you're not going to use an honorific" Riza said rolling her eyes slightly and drifting into the kitchen: "..how uncourteous"

Kaylee waited a moment, then said: "..the message could be a trap, but by whom? It couldn't be Artemis, if they got close enough to plant a phone on us, they could have planted a tracker instead. Or a bomb. They wouldn't have a need to draw us out, they would just storm this apartment.
...And if its Marek's men, they would've planted a tracker and stormed this place as well...

Mmm... no, I don't think its a trap. If an enemy got close enough to us, to plant a phone in our pocket, they wouldn't need to do something complicated like drawing us out.

There's no hundred percent guarantee, but I do think its Wrecker"

Riza emerged from the kitchen again with a box of tea. It was half open and the pleasant smell of dried leaves began to slowly disperse around the room.
"There's a kettle and cups by the wall" Riza pointed behind her and placed the box of tea on the table.
"I'll get the water started" she said as she began to fill the kettle from a nearby sink.

"Is there any way of confirming that it's Wrecker, just from the text?" Lord Wyvern asks Dr. Riza.

View user profile

60 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 23 Jul - 15:30

".. I don't know" Riza said, thinking, as she plugged the kettle into electricity and turned it on:
"Wrecker does have a habit of utilizing single use phones for his jobs, but, other than that, there's no way to be fully sure.
Its like miss Brown said, if anyone wanted to kill you, they would just place a bomb in your pocket. Then we wouldn't hear a ring tone, we would just hear us exploding.

Its highly probable that Wrecker send the message"

61 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sat 23 Jul - 15:39

Kaylee Brown wrote:".. I don't know" Riza said, thinking, as she plugged the kettle into electricity and turned it on:
"Wrecker does have a habit of utilizing single use phones for his jobs, but, other than that, there's no way to be fully sure.
Its like miss Brown said, if anyone wanted to kill you, they would just place a bomb in your pocket. Then we wouldn't hear a ring tone, we would just hear us exploding.

Its highly probable that Wrecker send the message"

"I see" Lord Wyvern nods.

View user profile

62 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 24 Jul - 5:23

"Should I text back? Ask to postpone the meeting to a later time?" Kaylee asked.

63 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 24 Jul - 8:40

"That might be the best course of action. Seeing as we did not really get an easy escape from that city, along with several injuries, he must be able to understand that ponies might not be fit for that rask now."

View user profile

64 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 24 Jul - 17:21

"There's always a chance that the job physically can't be done at a later date..." Lord Wyvern ponders.

View user profile

65 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Sun 24 Jul - 20:23

The girl crosses her legs as she listens to all of them, "give me a note or something... I'll go... Text him do whatever sure he doesn't know me but I can at least tell him you all need to rest and wait... I'm not going to get caught out there's because I'm not yet acocciated with any of you..."

View user profile

66 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Mon 25 Jul - 8:21

"You became associated with us as soon as you refused to shoot on us miss" Radiance replied to the girl

He took a moment to listen to his surroundings. Get a sense for the ambient building sounds and using them to listen for anything strange. He felt like something was going to go wrong at any moment.

"So, what's our plan of attack for getting into the ball?"

View user profile

67 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Mon 25 Jul - 13:06

"Getting in the ball? I thought we could sneak in, put posh clothes on so we look important and no one will notice. Simple, but effective plan. It's worked before, to an extent."

View user profile

68 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Mon 25 Jul - 18:43

Twilight takes a look around. "Two questions with getting into that party. One, will we be rested enough onve we do move out, and two, which is more directed at you..." She points to Moon. "We aren't all skilled in stealth and acting as you are. Especially in a group this large, we'll be bound to be spotted as suspicious. What will be the fix for that?"

View user profile

69 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Mon 25 Jul - 19:06

"Well are you at all familiar with transformation spells?" Lord Wyvern asks Twilight, "Because we could always use them".

View user profile

70 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Mon 25 Jul - 19:13

"You could wait outside, only a few of us go in to grab him while the rest keep watch outside?"

View user profile

71 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Mon 25 Jul - 19:24

"While I do know transformation magic of several kinds, even making it able to appear as breezies or other small creatures to sneak in, it's extremely taxing given our number. If we do run into trouble after that, I'll only be a burden in combat. It may be the fastest plan to let only a few sneak in, which does conserve energy enough, except it keeps the risk that a party split brings with it. And we would something to keep communications up."

She ponders. "Though it's not impossible that all details about it have been published. And if some have been stolen, it must be written somewhere. But that's another plan to choose from, along with resting and visiting Wrecker."

She looks around. "I doubt we can do all of them. We must pick one of them to do. Should we vote?,

View user profile

72 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Tue 26 Jul - 12:18

"Voting would be a good idea" Moon nodded

View user profile

73 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Tue 26 Jul - 18:09

(Radiance)

The ambient noise of the city began to reach your senses. You can hear an occasional car, passing by. Ponies quietly talking in the streets below, a rhythmic dripping of water, from an old sewage pipe.
Someone has his TV on, its noise faintly echoing across the street and barely reaching you. You thought you heard the TV host, mention Kaylee's name several times, but you're not sure.

This part of the city seems to be largely abandoned or secluded from the rest of the city. Barely anyone wandered the streets and the overall ambient pedestrian chatter was quiet and peaceful.

You don't hear any heavy stomping, usually descriptive of soldiers in riot gear, or any faint crackles of radios. Everything seems to be peaceful.

(Everyone)

"Ok" Kaylee nodded: "How bout this, we rest for now, grab something to eat. I'll text Wrecker to postpone the meeting.
After we rested, we all go to meet him. Help is hard to come by. If he has a way to make our life easier, I say we take it. At least hear what he has to offer.

After that, we re-evaluate our options and pick the most effective one for the ball.

As for us not being good actors, I may have a fix for that.
Once we're inside the ball, we'll simply act as Ourselves, without revealing our identity. Tarmikos has a high-tech company, so he'll pretend to be a scientist. Twilight is a princess, so she'll pretend to be a royal figure from a distant country. I'm an officer so I'll pretend to be an officer, and so on.

Once inside the ball, we'll disperse and blend into the crowd. There will be people from all kinds of professions there and we'll fit right in"

She said and clicked a few buttons on the old cellphone:
"......there. I sent the message. Lets just grab something to eat and rest up for now. We can re-evaluate our options after we've learned what Wrecker has to offer"

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Tue 26 Jul - 18:25; edited 1 time in total

74 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Tue 26 Jul - 18:18

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Radiance)

The ambient noise of the city began to reach your senses. You can hear an occasional car, passing by. Ponies quietly talking in the streets below, a rhythmic dripping of water, from an old sewage pipe.
Someone has his TV on, its noise faintly echoing across the street and barely reaching you. You thought you heard the TV host, mention Kaylee's name several times, but you're not sure.

This part of the city seems to be largely abandoned or secluded from the rest of the city. Barely anyone wandered the streets and the overall ambient pedestrian chatter was quiet and peaceful.

You don't hear any heavy stomping, usually descriptive of soldiers in riot gear, or any faint crackles of radios. Everything seems to be peaceful.

(Everyone)

"Ok" Kaylee nodded: "How bout this, we rest for now, grab something to eat. I'll text Wrecker to postpone the meeting.
After we rested, we all go to meet him. Help is hard to come by. If he has a way to make our life easier, I say we take it. At least hear what he has to offer.

After that, we re-evaluate our options and pick the most effective one for the ball.

As for us not being good actors, I may have a fix for that.
Once we're inside the ball, we'll simply act as Ourselves, without revealing our identity. Tarmikos has a high-tech company, so he'll pretend to be a scientist. Twilight is a princess, so she'll pretend to be a royal figure from a distant country. I'm an officer so I'll pretend to be an officer, and so on.

Once inside the ball, we'll disperse and blend into the crowd. There will be people from all kinds of professions there and we'll fit right in"

She said and clicked a few buttons on the old cellphone:
"......there. I sent the message. Lets just grab something to eat and rest up for now. We can re-evaluate our options after we've learn what Wrecker has to offer"

"Act as ourselves?" Lord Wyvern ponders, "People in my profession don't usually attend this kind of event, i might stand out a bit if i act as myself".

View user profile

75 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Tue 26 Jul - 18:28

"That may be a good thing" Kaylee said, thinking: "Spies usually seek to avoid attention, not attract it. If you visibly stand out, it may actually reduce suspicion of you"

76 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 Today at 5:38

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum