The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slavegear - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 40 of 42]

976 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 17:32

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Radiance, Moon, Wyvern, Twilight, Rain)

"Good idea" Kaylee nodded. She Johan and Elisabeth stood in a straight line, wearily looking ahead.

"I.. had an extremely limited course in bomb defusal.. "Kaylee quietly said: "...its better if someone else does it.. I wouldn't trust myself with disarming a mine"

"I won't say i'm an expert in it, but i do have some experience with ordnance disposal" Lord Wyvern says.

View user profile

977 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 20:51

(Radiance)
Radiance turned his attention to listening for anypony else that would be following the group. The maintenance soldiers were still considered unknown.

(Tarmikos)
Tarmikos' expression and tone turned "Oh I have the balls, I came back here didn't I. I could have just run. Now here you are, standing face to face with the man who assaulted your father. And you want to administer justice by the book." a brief flash of a sarcastic smile "Don't talk to me about justice when an entire country under your control turned to racist bigots.

The Union isn't justice, it's tyranny and you know it"

View user profile

978 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 21:28

(Tarmikos)

"Its.. amusing.. watching you squirm" Peter replied with a slight smile:

"...your opinion of the Union is based on personal bias and misinformation. You have no idea how it works, because you had no chance to experience it. You were comatose for a long time"

His smile faded: "And what you're doing now, is a very dangerous generalization of an entire country, based on the actions of a single military unit, stationed in Nyx.
You think I don't know what's happening down there? We've been trying to nail Dakova for months, but the bastard was just too smart. Never left evidence of what he did, and the locals were too scared to talk.

Rest assured though, I am a patriot. I am from Artemis and I love my country. That's why monsters like Dakova are a filthy blemish that shames our entire people. Evidence will be found, his men will be stopped and those hacks will be thrown out of Nyx.

See, that's what us real patriots do, lest hacks like yourself will start lobbing dirt at our people, throwing us in the same loony bin as Dakova. And I ain't gonna let that happen"

He slowly smirked, his cold eyes watching you like a hawk:
"Oh.. and by the way, you could not have run from the mansion, seeing as well over two hundred Artemis soldiers had already surrounded the place, by the time your extraction helicopter showed up.

You couldn't run, even if you wanted to. Your option was to board the chopper, and safely fly to this base.
Or stay at the mansion, and get captured by Artemis military.

So no. You have no balls. You are a coward, a liar and a common criminal. And you will rot in jail for what you've done. No amount of shifting blame and twisting my words, will save you from the actions you committed yourself, by your own free will. Take that with you to sleep tonight"

Peter slowly smirked. A smirk that faded quickly as his eyes darted to empty space, where Firewing stood in his vision.
Peter blinked several times, staring at her. Then shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

(Radiance, Moon, Wyvern, Twilight, Rain)

As moon sniffed the ground, only the smell of coal, metal and wood, filled the air. Apart from that, there was another, very faint smell. It was unpleasant, awful, yet painfully familiar.

For several long moments you tried to remember what the smell belonged to, before you suddenly come to the conclusion that this is the smell of drying paint.
The smell was extremely faint, almost completely gone, but it was there. Coming somewhere from the direction of the maintenance station ahead.

Kaylee looked at Twilight: "No, the LIDAR is mostly silent. The lasers it sends are all outside of our visual spectrum. A pony's eyes won't see anything, during the scan.

The hologram projection it displays at the end, may be a bit bright. Though not much brighter than the flashlights we used until now. Give me a moment.."

She pulled out the LIDAR remote control: "Wyvern, could you direct it at the rail tracks please?" she quietly called, turning the device on with the remote. The device quietly hummed for a moment, before a dim, red hologram appeared over Kaylee's remote.

"...lets see..." she squinted at the image: "...no... I don't see anything odd on the tracks.. if there are any traps in the area, they're not here"

As Rain Runner hit the wall several times, the echoing sound was very muffled. It seems there's nothing but solid rock on the other side. No hollow spaces.

As Radiance began to listen to the sounds behind him, nothing seems to come through. Only a wall of deafening silence and the faint electrical humming of tunnel lights. As far as you can tell, no one is following you.

Johan and Elisabeth were wearily looking around, squinting at the dimly lit tunnel ahead, and the outline of the maintenance station, just a few meters ahead.

"...should we go in?" Kaylee quietly called.

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

979 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 21:42

As moon sniffed the ground, only the smell of coal, metal and wood, filled the air. Apart from that, there was another, very faint smell. It was unpleasant, awful, yet painfully familiar.

For several long moments you tried to remember what the smell belonged to, before you suddenly come to the conclusion that this is the smell of drying paint.
The smell was extremely faint, almost completely gone, but it was there. Coming somewhere from the direction of the maintenance station ahead.

Kaylee looked at Twilight: "No, the LIDAR is mostly silent. The lasers it sends are all outside of our visual spectrum. A pony's eyes won't see anything, during the scan.

The hologram projection it displays at the end, may be a bit bright. Though not much brighter than the flashlights we used until now. Give me a moment.."

She pulled out the LIDAR remote control: "Wyvern, could you direct it at the rail tracks please?" she quietly called, turning the device on with the remote. The device quietly hummed for a moment, before a dim, red hologram appeared over Kaylee's remote.

"...lets see..." she squinted at the image: "...no... I don't see anything odd on the tracks.. if there are any traps in the area, they're not here"

As Rain Runner hit the wall several times, the echoing sound was very muffled. It seems there's nothing but solid rock on the other side. No hollow spaces.

As Radiance began to listen to the sounds behind him, nothing seems to come through. Only a wall of deafening silence and the faint electrical humming of tunnel lights. As far as you can tell, no one is following you.

Johan and Elisabeth were wearily looking around, squinting at the dimly lit tunnel ahead, and the outline of the maintenance station, just a few meters ahead.

"...should we go in?" Kaylee quietly called.

"Well there doesn't appear to be anything out here" Lord Wyvern shrugs "Does it look like anyone's there?"

View user profile

980 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 21:44

"I don't hear anyone.." Kaylee quietly called: "... its hard to see anything from this angle.. We'll have to approach the station for a better look"

981 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 21:50

(Radiance)
"I can't hear anything," Radiance responded in a soft tone "but that's what worries me. Last time it was this quiet we got jumped."

(Tarmikos)
Tarmikos returned the smirk "So finding Dakova can just be added to another of the Unions failures. You can't find any evidence of him and my group and I kill him within days of waking up. Then you lost not only a massive shipment of crystals but also a giant death robot.

But it seems we're just talking in circles right now. You're not going to listen to what I have to say, and I sure as hell aren't going to listen to you. Which makes me wonder. Why be here when you could be sitting with your father?"

View user profile

982 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 22:15

(Tarmikos)

The hit came so fast, you didn't see his hand move. Only the feeling akin to a brick wall, crashing into your nose, echoed across your body, as he smashed his fist into you.

Your vision darkened. You vaguely felt your nose breaking, blood and tears involuntarily leaking out on an anatomical reflex.

Before you could regain a sense of what's happening, Peter violently smashed your face into the wall of the elevator, where a dent was left from earlier. The world slightly shifted away, as the blow briefly deafened you.

You vaguely feel yourself fall to the ground, Peter sitting on top of you and pinning you to the ground. His hands locked over your neck, not chocking but keeping you in place.

His face became distorted with uncontrollable anger. His eyes were staring at you with violent hatred.

"...you.... Animal...." he quietly hissed, right over you: "...you know what I hate in you the most?" He gritted his teeth in an ugly smile:

"Is that you're ready to blame anyone, shift blame on anything. Point fingers, squirm and point out the flaws in anyone else, rather than acknowledge your own doing... you make me sick..."

Peters face lowered, hovering right over yours. A distorted mask of unfiltered rage, stared at you:

"...Don't... EVER... mention my father again... or I swear to god..." his teeth gritted.

The elevator beeped. There was only one floor left to go, before it reaches the hospital.

983 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 22:57

"Let's go in. Be aware though, there might not be anything around it, but inside of there is as dangerous as they could make it."

She slowly stepped forward.

View user profile

984 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Wed 12 Oct - 23:08

"I smell drying paint" she said before thinking "Let's go in, be careful though. I used to experiment with invisible traps, normal traps cloaked in a spell making them impossible to see, hear or smell. Best be on our guard." she moved closer to the platform.

View user profile

985 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Thu 13 Oct - 8:57

(Radiance)
Radiance prepared to enter. His senses fully taking in every detail. His hand's flexing, ready for anything. "How fatal of traps are taking about?"

(Tarmikos)
What flame there was in Tarmikos' eyes faded. "I'm sorry," there was no mistaking the genuine response in his eyes "I'm sorry I can't comprehend your pain. I'm sorry it's come to this and I'm sorry for what I've done to you. It's taken someone beating the shit out of me realise how big of an asshole I am."

View user profile

986 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Thu 13 Oct - 10:18

MoonDusts wrote:"I smell drying paint" she said before thinking "Let's go in, be careful though. I used to experiment with invisible traps, normal traps cloaked in a spell making them impossible to see, hear or smell. Best be on our guard." she moved closer to the platform.

"Would they have been invisible to the LIDAR too?" Lord Wyvern asks.

View user profile

987 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Thu 13 Oct - 15:14

"No idea. I'm unfamiliar with all technology, never found it interesting or necessary." She frowned "I don't know how magic and technology would interact"

View user profile

988 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Thu 13 Oct - 17:52

"Personally I think it might spot something, but not the trap itself. The device would also spot magic then, which makes it no different from a scanning spell usuable by every pony."

She hold her chin. "But it's sight might be sharp enough to notice the inconsistencies in the earth where the trap is placed, but you would have to know what kind of trap it is to identify it. And it wouldn't work on runes placed onto the ground, which are overseen..." Her voice gradually trails away.

She looks down at her feet, a cold sweat breaking out. "Okay, what is the chance we've just triggered an alarm rune?"

View user profile

989 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Thu 13 Oct - 18:21

"I'd say quite small. Runes weren't used much before technology, I can't imagine many use them now. And only very skilled ponies can make them." She replied "Plus, I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an alarm rune"

View user profile

990 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Thu 13 Oct - 23:44

(Tarmikos) "yeah... You also didnt kill Darkova, Fire did... You dip..." Fire looks down at you.

Rain frowns "hmph... This is intresting..." she continues walking through the tunnle, "everybody be careful, keep your ears up in case a train rolls though... I understand it may be closed but id rather not take my chances.

View user profile

991 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 11:59

MoonDusts wrote:"I'd say quite small. Runes weren't used much before technology, I can't imagine many use them now. And only very skilled ponies can make them." She replied "Plus, I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an alarm rune"

"You'd be surprised" Lord Wyvern shrugs "Very versatile things, runes..."

View user profile

992 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 12:11

At the mention of a possible train running through, Kaylee visibly shrunk in size and began looking around with a terrified expression.

Elisabeth was still scanning the area, as you slowly moved forward: "...if we already tripped their alarm somehow.. they'll be waiting for us.. in ambush" she whispered, slowly drifting forward:
"...I don't know what kind of traps they could've set up here, but if it was me, I would have used land mines.."

Johan froze in place, you couldn't see his expression in this dim lighting, but his body language broadcasted sheer terror.

"Come on guys.." Kaylee's voice quietly called through: "..we have to trust our senses.. and we scanned the rail tracks with LIDAR..  if we didn't see anything, maybe there's nothing there.." She tried to sound reassuring but her voice let out a few notes of fear at the end.

"..I mean.. if something was invisible.. LIDAR would still pick up a silhouette on the ground.. the trap is still there.. solid object.. just an invisible surface... LIDAR would pick it up... probably..." Her voice died down and she continued to cautiously advance.

Elisabeth was carefully scanning the ground as you moved, slightly hunched over, almost crouching.

After a few moments, the maintenance station slowly came into view. A massive open space, built into the side of the tunnel. The ceiling was almost ten meters tall and the station was dug into the mountain so deep, you couldn't see were the station ended.

There was a lot of heavy gear and equipment here. Massive forklifts, heavy cranes, a bulky tug, standing off to the side. You even notice several office buildings to the right of the station.
The entire place was poorly lit. Dim orange lights built into the walls and ceiling, cast bizarre and frightening shadows, as they fell on the unmoving machines.

It looked like a dark maze, and every shadow looked like it hid something.

The entire place was eerily quiet. Nothing moved or made any sounds. The lights in the office building were out. All the maintenance machines powered down.
The maintenance station stretched so far into the mountain, that you couldn't make out its end, through the shadows.

"...god..." Kaylee quietly exhaled: ".. you can hide two Slavegears in here... this place is massive.."

"Stay on your guard.." Elisabeth called: "..we may be walking into an ambush... stay in cover if you can, use the shadows.. we need to search this area for any signs of Slavegear.."

(Tarmikos)

Peter released a bitter smile: "...sorry... you're sorry?..." He closed his eyes shut, as angry tears continued to form in his eyes:

"You think you can say a few words, and everything's gonna be better?" he looked at you with bitter and hopeless anger:

"...words, are not gonna make my father better... words, are not gonna pay for his treatment!"

993 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 12:18

At the mention of a possible train running through, Kaylee visibly shrunk in size and began looking around with a terrified expression.

Elisabeth was still scanning the area, as you slowly moved forward: "...if we already tripped their alarm somehow.. they'll be waiting for us.. in ambush" she whispered, slowly drifting forward:
"...I don't know what kind of traps they could've set up here, but if it was me, I would have used land mines.."

Johan froze in place, you couldn't see his expression in this dim lighting, but his body language broadcasted sheer terror.

"Come on guys.." Kaylee's voice quietly called through: "..we have to trust our senses.. and we scanned the rail tracks with LIDAR..  if we didn't see anything, maybe there's nothing there.." She tried to sound reassuring but her voice let out a few notes of fear at the end.

"..I mean.. if something was invisible.. LIDAR would still pick up a silhouette on the ground.. the trap is still there.. solid object.. just an invisible surface... LIDAR would pick it up... probably..." Her voice died down and she continued to cautiously advance.

Elisabeth was carefully scanning the ground as you moved, slightly hunched over, almost crouching.

After a few moments, the maintenance station slowly came into view. A massive open space, built into the side of the tunnel. The ceiling was almost ten meters tall and the station was dug into the mountain so deep, you couldn't see were the station ended.

There was a lot of heavy gear and equipment here. Massive forklifts, heavy cranes, a bulky tug, standing off to the side. You even notice several office buildings to the right of the station.
The entire place was poorly lit. Dim orange lights built into the walls and ceiling, cast bizarre and frightening shadows, as they fell on the unmoving machines.

It looked like a dark maze, and every shadow looked like it hid something.

The entire place was eerily quiet. Nothing moved or made any sounds. The lights in the office building were out. All the maintenance machines powered down.
The maintenance station stretched so far into the mountain, that you couldn't make out its end, through the shadows.

"...god..." Kaylee quietly exhaled: ".. you can hide two Slavegears in here... this place is massive.."

"Stay on your guard.." Elisabeth called: "..we may be walking into an ambush... stay in cover if you can, use the shadows.. we need to search this area for any signs of Slavegear.."

"Got it" Lord Wyvern nods and pulls the cloak of silence around him.

View user profile

994 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 15:13

Moon blended into the shadows, only her eyes clearly visible. Her feet made no sound as she walked, and even her breathing was silent. She walked beside the walls, straying clear of the lights. She looked about curiously before heading forward.

View user profile

995 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 17:50

Knowing she wasn't as stealthy as the others, Twilight decided to hang back in a darkened spot, taking a lotus position to meditate and scan with her magic.

View user profile

996 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 18:03

As you slowly advance forward, clear signs of disarray begin to come into view.
The maintenance equipment was carelessly strewn about. Some of the heavy lifting machines were left standing right in the middle of the station.

After a while you noticed clear marked parking spots, for forklifts and other heavy machinery. But it seems the maintenance staff didn't bother parking their machines in an orderly fashion, instead leaving them in random locations about the station, seemingly abandoning them right after their work was done.

Pieces of coal and small metal beams laid strewn about the station. Heavy tire marks showed on the floors. It appears several trucks had passed here some time ago, but you can't see them anywhere in your vision.

The smell of drying paint became a little stronger, seemingly coming from somewhere deeper, inside the station.

The general disorder and carelessly discarded equipment seem to indicate that the last maintenance staff, left in a hurry.

You still can't see or hear anyone. The place was eerily quiet, with no signs of life.
You can only hear your own breathing and the faint hum of electricity, coming from the lights on the ceiling.

997 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 18:56

As you slowly advance forward, clear signs of disarray begin to come into view.
The maintenance equipment was carelessly strewn about. Some of the heavy lifting machines were left standing right in the middle of the station.

After a while you noticed clear marked parking spots, for forklifts and other heavy machinery. But it seems the maintenance staff didn't bother parking their machines in an orderly fashion, instead leaving them in random locations about the station, seemingly abandoning them right after their work was done.

Pieces of coal and small metal beams laid strewn about the station. Heavy tire marks showed on the floors. It appears several trucks had passed here some time ago, but you can't see them anywhere in your vision.

The smell of drying paint became a little stronger, seemingly coming from somewhere deeper, inside the station.

The general disorder and carelessly discarded equipment seem to indicate that the last maintenance staff, left in a hurry.

You still can't see or hear anyone. The place was eerily quiet, with no signs of life.
You can only hear your own breathing and the faint hum of electricity, coming from the lights on the ceiling.

"Looks like these guys got out of dodge pretty fast" Lord Wyvern muses "Question is, were they running from something, or with something?"

View user profile

998 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 19:05

"Hmmmm... Let's check the machinery." She walks towards one of them, checking out the machinery.

View user profile

999 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 20:15

Moon sniffed and followed the scent of paint, staying a silent as possible as she moved.

View user profile

1000 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 on Fri 14 Oct - 20:47

(Radiance)
"I'll see if there's anything in the office building" Radiance states as he makes his way over

(Tarmikos)
"No, I don't think that. This isn't something that either of us can fix with words." a brief flash of concern and curiosity goes over Tarmikos face before it returns to its previous state "But what I don't understand is why The Union doesn't help with the medical bill. They can afford to build a nearly invincible death robot then turn around and not help out one of its soldiers. You're entitled to that money. And if anypony should be having everything taken from them it's me."

View user profile

1001 Re: Slavegear - Part 2 Today at 5:38

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum