The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slavegear - Part 3

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 37]

101 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Mon 7 Nov - 18:46

Twilight rubs her chin, trying to create some sensible theories.

~No doubt this is either Marek or someone tied to him. These bastards...

My guess is they want to divide the world, to plunge those who aren't batponies into chaos, so they can pick us off easily. Divide and conquer... They know they can't beat the whole world head on, and once it knows where they are, they will die, along with Slavegear... So splitting us and cutting off the heads of the Union representatives is the easiest way to go.

If I have to say, their base must be in Nyx, or close to it. Removing the army gives them a little time before they can be attacked. So... We might be getting closer. It might be that the Sprawl needed to be removed, because they already have the weapons they need, and knew too much...

Still, why were there so many civilian casualties? Were they-
~

Her eyes widen, as she suddenly speaks up.

"How were the civilians killed? Did they treat them as collateral damage or were they actively hunted?"

Her eyes narrow, as a frown forms when she finally notices Kaylee's question.

"Probably to make two enemies instead of one. First the "Heroes of Adelheid"..." Her voice has a hint of dismissiveness as she says the title. "And now the vampire unit. This gives the unknowing citizen two enemies to worry about. You guys think they want to divide us as well?"

View user profile

102 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Mon 7 Nov - 19:08

"There were several bombs placed around the embassy" Mercer quietly said: "No enemy soldiers were spotted. They placed the bombs and left, without anyone seeing them.

The bombs were placed in specific locations, where civilians were most likely to be. They deliberately tried to maximize civilian casualties"

Kaylee was quietly frowning at the TV for a long moment, until she slowly asked:
"...what exactly did they try to achieve with this video. Is the Union going to give into the demands?"

Mercer released an unhappy smile: "You're joking right? The Union doesn't negotiate with terrorists"

"Right" Kaylee nodded. She continued to think for another moment, then looked at everyone in the room:

"...imagine, you are the Union Council. All of us, in this room. Imagine you have the full might of the worlds military, at your disposal. And you've just seen this video.

What would you do?"

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

103 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 0:35

"Trace the video and drop a bunch of soldiers where they traced it to. Send more troops into Nyx......." Her voice trailed off as she began to think.

View user profile

104 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 8:00

"More troops in Nyx would mean it would turn into a warzone again."

Twilight gives a short sigh, and she began rubbing her temples. "Though sadly, it is what they would do, right? To show they are not to be messed with, they'd hunt down and attack their base of operation. I guess, I wouldn't sacrifice my council to some terrorist as we...." Her voice trails off, and she looks VERY confused.

She then decides to ask the obvious. "Is there a new council, or are they after the few remaining members of the original council?"

View user profile

105 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 20:58

"They never specified" Mercer shook her head: "A new council was elected earlier today though"

Kaylee kept quietly looking at the dark screen of the TV, her frown slowly growing:

"...this video... makes no sense...

Marek just declared war upon the world, on national TV. You're absolutely right, the Union's knee jerk reaction would be to send more troops into Nyx. He had to know that.

The Union did send more troops into Nyx. We heard Artemis talking about it. We had to pull out quickly because Artemis was moving additional aircraft into Nyx.
With each passing hour, it will become increasingly more difficult for Marek to operate, as more and more Artemis troops begin to enter Nyx and methodically search every square inch of it.

In addition, we know Marek is extremely protective of his own people. And we have seen first hand the blatant disregard Artemis forces show to the people of Nyx. We had to step in at one point, when we saw a group of Artemis soldiers attacking a batpony civilian, because she looked suspicious to them.

And now, even more Artemis soldiers will enter Nyx, as a response to thise video. Marek had to know this would happen. Then why did he do it? Why did he endanger his people?

Not only that, but Marek's greatest weapon so far, was secrecy. He went through untold lengths to frame us, and did everything in his power, so the blame would never fall upon the batponies. So that his people would never be targeted.

While the entire world was chasing us, he was free to move as he pleases, acting silently in the shadows.

And now he turned around and completely through all of that, out the window. My question is, why?
We're not anywhere closer to finding him, than we were two days ago.

And now he suddenly exposes himself, painting a giant target on his back, provoking the world into send even more troops into Nyx, which will no doubt hinder his actions.

By releasing this video, he has nothing to gain and everything to loose.

..... so why did he do it?" she quietly said, frowning at the TV.

106 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 21:19

(Radiance)
"Instead of trying to negotiate or find a way to lower the rising tensions between Nyx and Artemis, Artemis is consistently trying to bully it's way in and control the place. If I was Marek I'd openly call out the group that has been constantly threatening and belittling my people."

The Union doesn't really seem too keen on stopping Artemis and so Marek, blinded by years of oppression and anger, see's the entire group as enemies. That does give some explanation to his hatred of all races except his own.

And now with Artemis moving massive amounts of troops into Nyx it looks like they're invading."

Radiance shook his head "Marek may be our main concern but I don't think we should ignore what Artemis is doing. They too need to be stopped before they become another Bellona."

View user profile

107 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 21:36

Mercer's stone cold expression somehow became even more colder:

"For the record, the Union is very keen on stopping Artemis. It's becoming increasingly apparent that their only interest in Nyx, is the Tilerium mines.
We don't have solid proof of this, or of their immoral behavior toward the batponies, but rest assured, we have agents on the ground that are working toward gathering this evidence.

And General Dakova always seemed to be involved somehow. He had a lot of influence over the Artemis military and carried a lot of pull. We had suspicions that he was primarily pushing Artemis toward seizing full control over Nyx.

We.. hoped.. that after his passing, things would become better. But they've only gotten worse.

First, Captain MacTavish, takes control over the Artemis forces in Nyx. An honorable man, moral and just. Disobeyed General Dakova's order to flood the sewers below the Sprawl, effectively saving both your lives and the lives of countless innocents living there.

A few hours later, Captain MacTavish was found dead in his apartment. Suicide. He hung himself.
Odd. Considering that MacTavish never suffered from depression.

We believe there is some kind of power struggle, going on inside the ranks of Artemis. Perhaps someone is trying to fill in the vacuum, created by General Dakova's passing. We don't know.
But as of right now, more Artemis forces are scheduled to arrive in Nyx"

"Hold on" Kaylee quietly called: "...the attack on the embassy, whats going to happen if these attacks continue?"

"Even more Artemis forces will show up in Nyx" Mercer replied: "If it gets out of hand, I believe the Artemis military will eventually declare martial law and seize full control over the country of Nyx"

108 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 21:40

Because, he wants all the union soldiers close to where he might have Slavegear....." she blinked "That's my best guess anyway"

View user profile

109 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 21:45

"Gather all Union soldiers in one place, then wipe them out, in one fell swoop" Elisabeth nodded to Moon:

"A good strategy, but the collateral damage will be massive. Would he really go so far, just to get back at the Union?"

110 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 22:33

"Probably" she spat "He seems pretty angry. And when you are that angry, all rational thought is thrown away. He's probably too wrapped up in blood lust."

View user profile

111 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Tue 8 Nov - 23:56

Twilight looked at the blank screen, as she ponders.

~Marek's plan was to keep us as the bait... With two threats on the map, and our "deaths" in the next few days, he would have some movement. But it's true, there's a contradiction in these things. And unlike the possible Union hypocrisy due to Artemis's actions contradicting their words, there's a contradiction in actions. Secrecy, and now making themselves known suddenly? Either he must feel extremely confident, he finally lost it or a second step started. But what is it? Gah! I can't come up with it! Maybe I'm thinking too deeply into this. Maybe I need to approach this from another angle...

Okay, what would Rarity think from this? Maybe if I emulate it...
~

She talked out loud, like she had lost her mind or something. Her voice was heavily accented to sound posh, her Canterlot roots were undeniable from that tone.

"Ugh, those outfits were so tacky. Like, black and black and more black? Would it hurt to put in a little green, navy blue or brown in it? And what was with that voice? It made him sound completely ridicilous! Honestly... And then that-"

Something seems to switch in her mind, after a long time. She now sounded like her regular self again. "Wait... Marek was not exactly the most fit man, right? After 40 years of slavery, there's bound to be some physical damage. But that guy... Was that really him? Was that his posture, were those his shoulders, was that his height?"

Last edited by Velvet_horse on Wed 9 Nov - 6:50; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

112 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Wed 9 Nov - 1:52

Mercer caught a focused glance and pressed a few buttons on the remote. The video turned back on and rewind backwards, until it froze on the frame depicting the main figure.

He was standing straight, broad shoulder length, both hands raised. A helmet with a tinted visor, completely obscuring his face.

"...this is interesting..." Mercer slowly frowned at the imagine: "..as I recall, Marek had several permanent injuries on his back. I don't believe he can stand up straight, without suffering severe crippling pain.

Most of the time, he is hunched over. Yet the man on the video is standing up straight. I can't tell if he's in pain or not but, this is an interesting find. Good call Twilight" she nodded:

"...this.. figure... on the video... we can't see his face, we can't hear his real voice, we can't even tell if he's a batpony. His wings are obscured by the uniform, if he even has wings. All his features are hidden.

The only thing we can see clearly, are the giant Vampire Unit logos, on their uniform and on the flag behind them.

...this is interesting... Marek is widely known as the leader of the Vampire Unit. That's not a secret.
Then why not show his face, if he's declaring war on the Union on national TV?"

113 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Wed 9 Nov - 10:04

"Maybe he isn't well enough to do so. Maybe, he has stressed himself out so much he's come down with something.....or he's still looking for us." Moon said and poked the television screen, mumbling something about a 'magic box'.

View user profile

114 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Wed 9 Nov - 10:33

"You may be right" Mercer nodded: "Its possible he placed someone else, to broadcast this message in his place.
I'll gather a team of analysts just in case, they'll thoroughly analyze his body language, his body proportions and try to determine if it is Marek in the video"

She nodded to everyone in the room: "This concludes the debriefing.
If you have any questions, please ask away. Otherwise I will head back to the combat information center.

Elisabeth will outline your next possible missions, so you can choose what to do next. You have my full confidence. Godspeed"

115 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Wed 9 Nov - 17:32

Twilight rubs her chin as she spoke. "I got one, or rather it's two possible answers. It's clear that's not Marek. Then again, one thing Marek had was an appearance that made him pitiable. A black suit and visor would not change a thing. So either this guy is used as a figure capable of intimidation, or he's simply not on the same line as Marek."

View user profile

116 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Wed 9 Nov - 20:27

Velvet_horse wrote:Twilight rubs her chin as she spoke. "I got one, or rather it's two possible answers. It's clear that's not Marek. Then again, one thing Marek had was an appearance that made him pitiable. A black suit and visor would not change a thing. So either this guy is used as a figure capable of intimidation, or he's simply not on the same line as Marek."

"Could Artemis have staged the whole thing? Placed the bombs there themselves, and produced the film with actors?" Lord Wyvern suggests.

View user profile

117 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 18:21

Lord Wyvern wrote:

"Could Artemis have staged the whole thing? Placed the bombs there themselves, and produced the film with actors?" Lord Wyvern suggests.

She turns to him, looking almost stupefied. She stammers as she speaks.

"I... I-..." A deep sigh follows, hen she speaks flat and unconvinced. "Yes, Artemis damaged their own nation and people for the sole purpose of blaming an underground figure that's out of the picture despite there being a hundred better candidates."

View user profile

118 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 19:16

"...we should consider all the options.." Kaylee quietly said: "..we are dealing with extremely cunning and extremely dangerous people. We have to assume that every step they took, was deliberate and  calculated.

Marek managed to steal one of the most advanced weapons in history, hide it and frame us in the process. I can't believe he would do such an amateur mistake and release a video like this.
It will severely harm him in the long run, without giving any advantage in return.. at least, I can't think of one at the moment... perhaps we're missing something.

Still... it makes you wonder...
To figure out who released the video, we need to figure out who benefits from it the most.. and I can't help but see Artemis, using this opportunity to seize full control over Nyx, and ultimately, their Tilerium mines, one of the most precious, and rich resources on earth.
I'm with Wyvern on this one. Its the only logical explanation at this time"

Elisabeth looked at Kaylee and Wyvern: "... you're suggesting that, Artemis blew up their own embassy, killed their own people, just to get their hands on Tilerium?
I know their moral tactics are questionable, but this will be a new low, even for them. With all due respect, this theory is a little far fetched. We don't have any proof of this happening.
I'm with Twilight on this one"

"Its not far fetched" Kaylee crossed her arms: "Its the only thing that makes sense.
At the end of the day, Artemis is the only one who benefits from the video. If these attacks continue, Artemis will seize control over Nyx and consecutively, over Tilerium, while conveniently blaming the Vampire Unit.
It is a brutal, cold and calculating tactic. I doubt their government is even fully aware of this. Most likely it is a single rogue element, working inside their military or government structure"

Elisabeth shook her head: "Kaylee... this is beginning to sound like a conspiracy theory. We have no proof of this happening"

Kaylee crossed her arms again: "Yeah, well, maybe we should think about getting it"

119 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 19:45

(Radiance)
"I think right now we need more information. Either side of this coin is entirely plausible and I'd rather not jump to conclusions until I'm absolutely sure.

Maybe one the missions Elisabeth has for can shed some light." he turns to her giving a slight nod

View user profile

120 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 20:05

Moon looked at them all "Conspiracy theories often have truth in them. Never assume anything is too far fetched, I agree with Wyvern, it is completely possible."

View user profile

121 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 20:25

Mercer nodded: "I leave this in your hands. Good luck everyone" she left her folder on the desk and headed outside of the room.

Elisabeth approached the folder on the desk and opened it, motioning everyone to come closer:

"Our intelligence division revealed and approved several missions for us. Here is the complete list.

- A raid on a radio station, named 'Rhea55 News'.

The station that's been trying to smear us for the past two days. Our objectives are to disable their broadcasting equipment and interrogate the staff. Find out who paid them to smear us and why.

- Complete the exchange of the artifact you acquired at the mansion.

The Tiara made from pure Tilerium, with a small batpony figure on top. Considered an old relic of the batponies. You acquired it earlier from the mansion of Sanja. We still need to hand it over to the collector.

I.. must apologize" she briefly looked at Twilight and Johan: "..I unintentionally overheard you conversation in the tunnels. The name Priscilla Ealhhere sounded familiar. I ran another check in our data files...
The Tiara's collector is of course working under an alias. After some digging, I managed to uncover his real name.. or rather, her real name...

The Tiara's collector is named Priscilla Ealhhere..." she briefly paused, then went on.

- Another possible mission. We have to locate and recruit one of the worlds most infamous hackers.

Nicknamed: 'Blynchyk'. We'll need him to hack into the Artemis police department, copy the video tapes, and use them to find medical trucks that carried Slavegear.
Unfortunately we don't have 'Blynchyks' exact location yet.

This mission will likely become available during one of our other assignments and we'll have to divert to it at a later point.

- Finally, we'll have to go back to Nyx.

The situation there is slowly getting out of hand. A lot of innocent people died in the last attack against Artemis. We need to find out who's behind this, gather proof and stop them, before they take any more innocent lives.

Unfortunately we can't depart there right away. The skies are currently full with Artemis aircraft, moving into Nyx. We'll have to wait until things calm down a bit.
This mission will also likely become available during our other assignments. We'll have to decide when to move back into Nyx, at a later time.

That's about it"

122 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 20:50

Kaylee Brown wrote:Mercer nodded: "I leave this in your hands. Good luck everyone" she left her folder on the desk and headed outside of the room.

Elisabeth approached the folder on the desk and opened it, motioning everyone to come closer:

"Our intelligence division revealed and approved several missions for us. Here is the complete list.

- A raid on a radio station, named 'Rhea55 News'.

The station that's been trying to smear us for the past two days. Our objectives are to disable their broadcasting equipment and interrogate the staff. Find out who paid them to smear us and why.

- Complete the exchange of the artifact you acquired at the mansion.

The Tiara made from pure Tilerium, with a small batpony figure on top. Considered an old relic of the batponies. You acquired it earlier from the mansion of Sanja. We still need to hand it over to the collector.

I.. must apologize" she briefly looked at Twilight and Johan: "..I unintentionally overheard you conversation in the tunnels. The name Priscilla Ealhhere sounded familiar. I ran another check in our data files...
The Tiara's collector is of course working under an alias. After some digging, I managed to uncover his real name.. or rather, her real name...

The Tiara's collector is named Priscilla Ealhhere..." she briefly paused, then went on.

- Another possible mission. We have to locate and recruit one of the worlds most infamous hackers.

Nicknamed: 'Blynchyk'. We'll need him to hack into the Artemis police department, copy the video tapes, and use them to find medical trucks that carried Slavegear.
Unfortunately we don't have 'Blynchyks' exact location yet.

This mission will likely become available during one of our other assignments and we'll have to divert to it at a later point.

- Finally, we'll have to go back to Nyx.

The situation there is slowly getting out of hand. A lot of innocent people died in the last attack against Artemis. We need to find out who's behind this, gather proof and stop them, before they take any more innocent lives.

Unfortunately we can't depart there right away. The skies are currently full with Artemis aircraft, moving into Nyx. We'll have to wait until things calm down a bit.
This mission will also likely become available during our other assignments. We'll have to decide when to move back into Nyx, at a later time.

That's about it"

"Well, since we already started it; i think we should finish the artefact exchange" Lord Wyvern says.

View user profile

123 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 20:55

Kaylee nodded, then looked at Elisabeth: ".. you said the artifact collectors name is Priscilla Ealhhere? Who is she?"

Elisabeth looked away, for some reason seeming slightly ashamed. She made brief eye contact with Johan.

Johan released a small smile in return and nodded: "Its.. okay... I don't mind.."

Elisabeth heavily swallowed and looked down: "Um... Twilight.. perhaps its better if you.. explained.. that story wasn't meant for me to hear.."

124 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 21:00

"I suggest we get that hacker first. The more units we got, the more work can be done at the same time. Besides..."

Her frown becomes very, very clear. "When I see that woman in my current state, the things I will do to her will be so thorough the Vampire unit might considder making me a honorary member."

She sighs, as she looks down grimly. "Because Priscilla... Was the person Johan was sold to as a slave..."

~Guess we've moved past the phase of theories. Really, I would believe they'd do it, but the faceless goon ruins that idea.~

View user profile

125 Re: Slavegear - Part 3 on Thu 10 Nov - 21:22

(Radiance)
"We don't need everyone to finish the exchange, do we? Taking a small team to finish up that mission would be better in maintaining our element of stealth.

We still don't know the exact location of Blynchyk right now and sitting around and waiting would be a waste of time"

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum