The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 27 of 40]

651 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 13:24

//Soundtrack

(Everyone)

"No.." Tomas quietly said, looking at Mist: "..I've only been here once... five months ago.."

He looked ahead again, slowly making his way forward and carrying Jane on his shoulders:

"I have a compass though. Knowing the general direction to Dr. Zarovee's lab and the distance to it, we could theoretically traverse the Labyrinth, until we emerge somewhere close to the lab. It should help us escape the enemies notice"

He heavily swallowed, the flashlight hanging from his vest was sent dancing with each of his steps, casing bizarre shadows across the walls:

"I don't know about a criminal empire, but the UNN claims that the Disciples of Marek reside here. If they exist.
On the other hand, Clopin claims that the poor, the sick and the homeless reside here.
I guess, we'll probably see the truth soon"

As you walk further, the tunnels became eerily silent. Even the squeaking of mice had stopped. You felt the ceiling heavily weighing on you and the silence was slowly becoming deafening. Only the sound of your own footsteps and breath could be heard.

You reached several flights of stairs and descended down, further and further into the earth. The tunnels felt cramped and narrow. Soon, you began to see junctures. Adjacent tunnels, splitting up in different direction and continuing on, into the darkness somewhere.

Each time you were met with one, Tomas would consult his compass, before wearily pressing forward.

A few times, you came across a very old, discarded construction workers uniform. It just laid there, on the floor.
All the colors have faded from the fabric, and the clothing looked torn, as if something small had chewed on it.

A few times, you found a few hard hats. Then working tools. Rusted and broken. Wrenches, jackhammers with torn wiring and screwdrivers.

Behind one of the corners, Tomas gasped and flinched away. Then forced himself to look and slowly pressed on.

"...a body..." he quietly said. As you moved around the corner, you noticed it too. A very old skeleton, dressed in a construction uniform. Just laying up against the wall. A small, red colored piece of paper was clutched in his hand.

The color and words on it, had all but completely faded to time and as you looked around this corridor, you noticed a few more similar red pieces of paper, stuck to the wall. Save for a few random words, they had faded as well.

"...the plague.." Tomas quietly said, as he looked at the body: "...hundred of workers were down in the Labyrinth, some 50 years ago...
Some were never found, after the plague took their lives...

Tread lightly.... we're walking among their graves.."

He quietly said and pressed forward.
The tunnels ahead, remained cold and lifeless. Nothing much showed up on Thermal. Not even the rats ventured this far.

After a few more moments, you reached a large clearing. A room, of some kind. No furniture, only a few wooden boxes, empty of contents.

Tomas looked around, paused and said: "...lets make a stop here... treat the wounded... catch our breath..." he said, gently placing Jane on the ground, then moved toward the wooden boxes in the corner:

"...I'll start a fire.. wouldn't do to freeze down here.."

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Sat 12 Aug - 13:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos n stuff)

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

652 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 13:24

(The Hooded Figure)

As you approach the door, you hear some sort of quiet movement inside. Then nothing.

No more light is showing under the door and the floor became very quiet.

The entire area was shrouded in darkness. The only source of light, were the street lights outside of the building.

(Naomi)

The address seems to lead you down a mostly empty road. Barely any cars could be seen, heading in both directions.

The sky was still dark with rain clouds and brief instances of rain had started and stopped again, several times.

When you finally left the residential area and ended up on a freeway, a beautiful scene had opened up to your right. A seemingly endless lake, so large that you could barely see the other side. Surrounded by beaches and massive parks on all sides, the lakes water was still and very clear. Barely any boats moved about.

The road kept stretching on and on, eventually leaving the lake behind.

Some 30 minutes later, you checked on the address again and confirmed that you finally arrived at your destination.

The address turned out to be a pretty large building. Ten floors, a large courtyard in front. A parking lot and off to the side, its dumpsters.
The building looked like a ton of money was poured into building it. Very rich design, practical and aesthetic. The entire thing screamed of belonging to some sort of corporation.

Its name was apparently written in large letters, on the side of the building, but barely any street lights worked and you can't make it out from this distance.

Luckily the streets seem empty enough and nobody's hanging around the dumpsters, which were overflowing with garbage. So much garbage was stored in fact, that they had to start leaving it beside the dumpster, rather than throwing it in.

The area seems relatively quiet. Only an occasional car passes by.

(Arnold)

"I don't know.. he looks squeamish to me" the driver said, looking over the unconscious employee:

"That said.. he's probably smart.. if by chance, he knows who we are, he may not believe that we'll actually hurt him. Well... maybe he'll believe that I'll hurt him... I did try to kill Jane.." he looked away.

The office was extremely dark. The only source of light, were the faint streetlights outside. Several moments passed, before you reached a flight of stairs that went up somewhere.

"Lets go up a few floors and question this guy there" the driver said: "Hopefully the police downstairs wont hear us"

653 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 14:44

(Moon)

Moon didn't speak as they travelled through the tunnels, the only sound she made was her strained breaths that echoed in the confined space. She shivered in the cold, still coughing.

(Mist)

Mist set Mira down beside one of the boxes before sitting on the ground, wincing a little. "This place is creepy. Like...really creepy."

View user profile

654 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 16:00

(Everyone)

"..yeah.." Tomas quietly said, as he began breaking the boxes into small pieces of wood for the fire:

"..when I ended up here for the first time, it was like this as well...
Five months ago, Slavegear attacked Adelheid. When it marched through the streets, its feet would sink through the asphalt, dozens of meters at a time. It made holes, into the Labyrinth..

Once the battle was over, I.. ended up falling into one of those holes... what I saw there was..." Tomas' face became grim. He stared into space for a moment, then shook his head and focused on building a fire again: "...it wasn't a pleasant sight.."

Mira slowly stirred and opened her eyes. Her face was sickly pale from blood loss. She nervously inhaled and tried to look around:
"My.. hand.." she quietly called: "..I.. can't see.. everything's blurry.. how bad is the wound.."

"Mira.." Tomas quietly called: "..you don't... you don't have a... you lost your hand, Mira.."

Mira didn't react. She just kept staring into space, with an emotionless, tired expression:
"...I can still feel my fingers.." she quietly said, then looked away: "...Tomas... it hurts... its hurts, really, really bad.." a few tears began to roll from her eyes: "..do you have something for the pain?"

"..I have a morphine shot in the med-kit.." Tomas quietly said. He opened up a very small leather bag, strapped to his belt, and pulled out a syringe. Then slowly moved closer to Mira and gave her the shot.

Mira stirred slightly from the injection, then leaned up against the wall again and tried to wipe the tears from her face.

The silence in the room was suddenly interrupted by a loud, distorted voice in your earpiece:
"..-did you make it out. What is your status."

"Who is this" Tomas called, pressing his finger on the radio.

"The hacker you've been looking for. I helped you escape. Now tell me your status. Is Jane injured? Let me speak to her." the voice demanded over the radio.

As you look towards Jane, you notice her laying motionless on the floor. Eyes closed, her face was extremely pale.

655 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 16:16

(Moon)

Moon looked at Jane and sighed "I can.....try and heal her...." She offered quietly "I can do it...." She then let out a violent cough, blood landing on the floor in front of her.

(Mist)

Mist sat beside Mira, keeping an eye on her. She put her gloves back on and wiped Mira's tears away. "It's gonna be alright." She whispered, looking at her own hands for a moment.

View user profile

656 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 16:17

(Radiance)
Radiance carefully set Oboro and Serena down. He flexed his shoulders and cracked the joints between his wings. Small metallic pops could be faintly heard running up his spine.

Radiance stepped over to Jane, knelt down and placed a hand on the side of her face. For a moment everything around him went mute as he focused his senses on getting a read on her. Well aware that Jane's internal organisms may be more machine than organic he made a note to listen for anything electronic as well.

(Naomi)
Naomi stopped the bike roughly a block in distance away from the overflowing garbage pile. She made sure to park her bike in a spot where there was no or minimal camera coverage. Unhooking the bag from the bike and bringing it over Naomi held the bag by the strap. There was barely any distance between it and the ground.

Naomi set the bag by the dumpster letting go of the strap and sliding it ever so slightly across the ground. Nothing so hard as to damage the insides but with enough flair to play up the scene. Once placed Naomi stopped and stared at the piles of trash. With a sigh, she turned and headed back for the bike.

View user profile

657 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 16:39

Kaylee Brown wrote:(The Hooded Figure)

As you approach the door, you hear some sort of quiet movement inside. Then nothing.

No more light is showing under the door and the floor became very quiet.

The entire area was shrouded in darkness. The only source of light, were the street lights outside of the building.

(Naomi)

The address seems to lead you down a mostly empty road. Barely any cars could be seen, heading in both directions.

The sky was still dark with rain clouds and brief instances of rain had started and stopped again, several times.

When you finally left the residential area and ended up on a freeway, a beautiful scene had opened up to your right. A seemingly endless lake, so large that you could barely see the other side. Surrounded by beaches and massive parks on all sides, the lakes water was still and very clear. Barely any boats moved about.

The road kept stretching on and on, eventually leaving the lake behind.

Some 30 minutes later, you checked on the address again and confirmed that you finally arrived at your destination.

The address turned out to be a pretty large building. Ten floors, a large courtyard in front. A parking lot and off to the side, its dumpsters.
The building looked like a ton of money was poured into building it. Very rich design, practical and aesthetic. The entire thing screamed of belonging to some sort of corporation.

Its name was apparently written in large letters, on the side of the building, but barely any street lights worked and you can't make it out from this distance.

Luckily the streets seem empty enough and nobody's hanging around the dumpsters, which were overflowing with garbage. So much garbage was stored in fact, that they had to start leaving it beside the dumpster, rather than throwing it in.

The area seems relatively quiet. Only an occasional car passes by.

(Arnold)

"I don't know.. he looks squeamish to me" the driver said, looking over the unconscious employee:

"That said.. he's probably smart.. if by chance, he knows who we are, he may not believe that we'll actually hurt him. Well... maybe he'll believe that I'll hurt him... I did try to kill Jane.." he looked away.

The office was extremely dark. The only source of light, were the faint streetlights outside. Several moments passed, before you reached a flight of stairs that went up somewhere.

"Lets go up a few floors and question this guy there" the driver said: "Hopefully the police downstairs wont hear us"

The Hooded Figure pulls up a forcefield around themselves just in case, and then opens the door by a centimetre to peer in.

View user profile

658 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 16:57

(Arnold)

"It is not just to torture a man... That said, if we let him free now, it would be letting a criminal go free. Let's go up a few floors, maybe there's a small room it's possible to work in."

With the man, he went looking for some stairs.

(Angelo, Oboro)

Oboro was stirring a bit more, finally getting back to the world of the living. She checked her damage, wincing and making small noises of pain at times.

~My wing hurts to move, it should be usuable when the cuts recover. Might be a bit stiff though. My big worry is my arm. It feels numb. Not dead, just... Numb.~

She began to move and pinch it. The longer she did that, the more reality sank in.

"... This is not good."

Angelo answered the hacker. "You have seen the ferrum assailants that had intercepted the travels of the group. As far as they could, they did their best. But, circumstances beyond our own have prevented Jane from being unharmed."

When that was said, Oboro's eyes widen. "Oh shit... She's wounded... And if that were to happen..."

She slammed her remaining hand against a wall. "DAMMIT! I was responsible for Jane! I held her! Now she's wounded! And the council will suffer as well!"

Angelo let the radio go. "That's what you worry about?! You shoulder has become a crimson geyser while you worry about suits!"

The mare spun around angrily. "And as Twilight Sparlke's bodyguard, I FAILED MY JOB TO KEEP HER SAFE!" She then collapsed onto her knee, clutching her shoulder and catching her breath. "The council... Is taken hostage... My boss... Is in there... And if Jane would be hurt... The hostages would recieve the same..."

Angelo looked at her. "A grim revelation. But what will screaming fix? Get your thoughts straight and think of a way to move forward."

The blue mare kept in her pained position a bit longer, then get up. "Heh, you can make sense if you want to." She then sat down again, leaning back against the wall. "Care to help me to clog up that crimson geyser?"

Angelo paused for a moment. "... That REALLY needs it's context. But I'll lend a hand."
He gave a bit of help. Making a sling for her arm out of a piece of her clothes and desinfecting the shoulder wound. After that, he looks at the others.

"Who else needs help?"

View user profile

659 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 17:25

(Everyone)

"Moon, no" Tomas raised his hand: "Its too dangerous. I don't want you using that magic anymore. Its hurting you"

Mira quietly sat, leaning against the wall and staring into space: "...I'm.. trying not to think about it.." she quietly said to Mist.

As Radiance placed his hand on the side of Jane's face, he felt her skin was cold. As he focused his hearing on her, only an eerie silence could be heard.

There was no heart beat. No sound from her lungs.

"..guys..." Mira quietly called, looking at Jane: "...her chest isn't moving... she's not breathing.."

Tomas heart sank. He rushed towards Jane and grabbed her wrist, placing two fingers on her vein. Then he touched the artery on her neck. His eyes became haunted:

"...there's no pulse.." he quietly whispered.

"....-they killed her... didn't they..." the voice in the radio quietly called: "... she was an innocent girl... she did nothing wrong... and they killed her... they butchered her like an animal...
I warned you... I warned you, but you didn't listen... I warned you what would happen!...
"

"No! WAIT! PLEASE!" Tomas screamed into the radio, his voice shaking.

"They jammed my communications to Clopin" the voice hissed: "And since I can't let him know that you failed, I'll have to exact my punishment on somebody else.."

"PLEASE! JUST LISTEN TO-" Tomas called in panic, then you heard an audible click in your radio.

Tomas looked at his earpiece, then shifted his gaze to you: "...she switched to the general frequency... anyone with a radio will be able to hear her... the police, the military, everyone..." he looked at his earpiece, his hands shaking.

After several more seconds, the radio clicked again and the voice appeared, once more:

"People of Adelheid. I gave you a simple order.
I ordered you to protect Jane. But you went out of your way to destroy her. Now you will reap the fruits of your labor.

I have five canisters of Marek's Gene Virus.

I have hidden them, somewhere in this city. And I MAY or MAY NOT release them, somewhere within the next 24 hours!

Have fun looking for them, shitheads!
"

The radio broadcast violently cut off and silence fell over the room again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...-We are now back to the UNN studio, where our own Hannah Greenwood is coming to us, live, with the newest update, on the developing situation in Adelheid. Hannah?"

"-Thanks Morgan and good evening Adelheid. My name is Hannah Greenwood" a beautiful woman in a formal suit, smiled to you from the little screen of your smartphone:

"Moments ago, the Adelheid's police department has began the 'City Wide Training Exercise, to Counteract Biological, Chemical or Radioactive Threats'.

As you know, five months ago Marek attempted to threaten the world with a very potent biological weapon. Lethal and highly infectious. A weapon so powerful, it threatened to claim the lives of thousands.

Following those events, the Union government has charted several standing orders and protocols, of how the Union military should respond, if a similar scenario ever came into play.

Today, we are witnessing a Training Exercise for one of these protocols.

In the event that a highly infection virus, should end up being released in a densely populated area, the entire city will be placed into a full lock down, to avoid the virus ever leaving the limits of the city.

The military, in coordination with the local police, are to establish a perimeter, around the borders of the city and stop all incoming and outgoing traffic to the city. By land, air or sea.

The city will remain locked down, until the threat has passed, or until it was verified as false.

And as you can see on the screen behind me, the combined forces of the Union military and the local police department, have already began establishing a heavy perimeter around Adelheid.

As of this moment, no traffic is allowed in, or outside of the city.

If you are tuning in now, we remind our viewers, that this is only a training exercise and there is nothing to worry about.

The training exercise was authorized by Adelheid's Police Department and announced three weeks ago.

The police commissioner has apologized for all resulting inconveniences and asked for the public's understanding"

The image cut to a mother, standing in front of her small house and holding her nine year old child:

"-Why, yeah, I've heard the announcement three weeks ago. It was right there, on the UNN page on the internet. I remember reading it.
Its a bit of a problem, of course, not being able to leave the city for a day, but, we do understand how important it is, to run such manners of exercise. We all remember Slavegear.."

The video cut to another man in a suit. He also mentioned that he heard the announcement weeks ago. Then the video cut to another person, and another one.
They pretty much said the same thing.

Mira sighed and lowered her phone: "....I've never seen information control on this level... not like this..." she looked at you:

"...they pushed this cover story, closed down the whole city... and found 'witnesses' so support this lie.. and people believed them..."

Roughly two hours had passed, since the hacker had made her announcement.

A small fire burned, in the middle of the room.

Tomas was sitting up against the walls. Hugging his knees and staring at the flames.

Jane's motionless body, was laying at the end of the room.
Attempts at CPR didn't have any results. Healing magic had bounced off her. In the end, there was nothing left to do.

Mira hid her phone in her jacket and looked into the flames as well. After a moment, she quietly called:
"...the hostages in the safe room... do you think?.."

Tomas closed his eyes: "...I don't know... if Clopin's radio is still jammed, then... maybe he still doesn't know anything... maybe the hostages are still alive..." he quietly whispered.

Mira nodded and looked into the flames again.

It was quiet.

660 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 17:26

(The Hooded Figure)

You see two silhouettes in the dark. One big, the other one small, sitting on the floor and leaning up against a large cabinet.

As the door slightly opens, the bigger silhouette flinched and raised his hand. It seems he's holding some sort of object there.

"STAY BACK! DON'T COME IN HERE!" A mans voice screamed.

(Arnold)

The staircase proved to be extremely long. Seemingly endless, as it went up and up into the darkness above. It seems it connects every floor in this tall building.

The driver proposed to stop on the eight floor and went to look around the area. The place was abandoned and shrouded in darkness. Countless offices and work stations filled the area and the driver entered one of the rooms in the middle and waved to you, whispering that the coast was clear.

(Naomi)

As you reached the bike, you unexpectedly find an envelope stuck to it, with a little duct tape.

In the dim street light, you can somewhat see a portion of the envelopes contents.

Its filled with money bills and a note.

661 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 17:34

(Moon)

Moon was lying on the ground, leaning against a box. She was still coughing, but was trying her hardest to be quiet. "Kaylee......" She mumbled quietly before letting out a quiet cough. Her fingers were twitching, she was nervous, worried, and possibly hungry.

(Mist)

Mist had tried to comfort Mira, but after the announcement she had gone pale. "That virus.....how the hell do we find those canisters? We're dead, aren't we?"

View user profile

662 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 17:45

(Everyone)

"... 8 million people live in Adelheid..." Mira quietly said: "The city is too big to search... we'll never find them.."

Tomas closed his eyes and hid his face in his knees: "...how did she even get her hands on the virus?... I thought... all the canisters were seized... five months ago..."

"Maybe she lied..." Mira quietly sighed: "...maybe there are no canisters... we'll never know... until its too late..."

"If she doesn't have the canisters... why did she make the announcement?.." Tomas quietly called.

Mira didn't answer. All color had suddenly draining from her face and she was staring off, somewhere behind you.

"Mira?.." Tomas quietly called.

Mira didn't answer.

663 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 17:49

(Moon)

"Maybe she has contacts in the government. Or she managed to get someone to steal them." Moon mumbled, staring at the ground.

(Mist)

Mist started panicking and shaking her "Mira? Come on, answer....." She hissed, looking over her "What's happened? Has she bled out or something?"

View user profile

664 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 18:38

You see two silhouettes in the dark. One big, the other one small, sitting on the floor and leaning up against a large cabinet.

As the door slightly opens, the bigger silhouette flinched and raised his hand. It seems he's holding some sort of object there.

"STAY BACK! DON'T COME IN HERE!" A mans voice screamed.

(Arnold)

The staircase proved to be extremely long. Seemingly endless, as it went up and up into the darkness above. It seems it connects every floor in this tall building.

The driver proposed to stop on the eight floor and went to look around the area. The place was abandoned and shrouded in darkness. Countless offices and work stations filled the area and the driver entered one of the rooms in the middle and waved to you, whispering that the coast was clear.

(Naomi)

As you reached the bike, you unexpectedly find an envelope stuck to it, with a little duct tape.

In the dim street light, you can somewhat see a portion of the envelopes contents.

Its filled with money bills and a note.

"Why? Are you in danger? Do you need help? Who are you?" the Hooded Figure asks, as they stop the door from moving any further.

View user profile

665 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 18:59

(Angelo, Oboro)

Angelo took a piece of paper, and threw it in the fire to burn it.

"... This is a fine mess. Stuck in a place, waiting for the apocalypse, with nary but strangers. Half of us are incapacitated and one is even dead."

Oboro nodded. "And for what? To escort a girl to Dr. Zarovee, a girl we don't even know! What's the point?! Who was she?! Why was she decked from head-"She stopped jelling, and trailed off. "Form... head to toe... in augmentations..."

She scrathed her head with her hand. Then, she made haste to the body and began to disrobe it. A job not easy with only one hand. "This is our chance!"

The odd duck posed to cover his eyes. "What in the blazes is going on in your cranium?! You're desecrating the dead by undress!"

The blue mare answered. "Because I want to know what is up with her! Maybe there was something they wanted from her! Something inside the body! Someone going to help?!"

"Not me!" Angelo answered. "I prefer the dead bodies in my path covered." He turned away, in the direction of Mira. After he noticed she was shocked, he looked in the same direction, activating his motion sensor eye.

"What goes there?"

(Arnold)

He made haste, bumping into random things at times, but walking the small hinderances off. Once in the room, he layed down the body, and peered to find something to silence sound with.

View user profile

666 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 19:05

(Everyone)

"Look" Mira quietly said, staring off somewhere.

As you followed her line of sight, you didn't see anything at first. A few seconds passed.

Then Jane moved.

Her head slowly lifted off the ground, and she sat on the floor. Her movements rigid and stiff, like a marionette.
Jane opened her eyes very wide and stared into the floor with an unblinking stare.
Her mouth opened and:

"....-System. Reboot.... Complete" Jane stiffly said.

Her voice came off eerie. Disjointed.
It sounded as if someone had recorded her speaking once, then replayed separate words of that conversation, in random order. She sounded like an automated announcement you would hear in a bus, or a GPS tracker.

"Jane?" Mira called, horrified.

Jane continued stiffly staring into space. Sitting on the floor. She hasn't blinked once.
Her eyes were empty. Dead. There was nothing behind them.
She opened her mouth and her disjointed voice came out again:

"Vital Systems. Online.
Environmental Sensors. Online.
Plume of Dusk Temperature. Normal.
Internal Pressure. Normal.
IFF Systems. Online.
Weapon Systems. Online.

3rd Generation, Anti-Terrorist Suppression Weapon... codename, Madelyn, Online.

Standing by, For Your. Orders" Jane quietly said and went silent, maintaining her unblinking stare and sitting rigidly on the floor.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Sat 12 Aug - 19:21; edited 1 time in total

667 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 19:15

(The Hooded Figure)

"YES! I AM-... I work here!!" The man yelled from behind the door: "..C-Call the police! There was an explosion downstairs! I heard people screaming!"

(Arnold)

As you examine the room, you only find the average objects present in every office. A computer. A desk with various papers and folders. A house plant in the corner. A few paintings.

The employee faintly groaned and began to stir.

668 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 19:21

"YES! I AM-... I work here!!" The man yelled from behind the door: "..C-Call the police! There was an explosion downstairs! I heard people screaming!"

(Arnold)

As you examine the room, you only find the average objects present in every office. A computer. A desk with various papers and folders. A house plant in the corner. A few paintings.

The employee faintly groaned and began to stir.

"It's okay, there's been a terrorist attack, the police are on their way" the Hooded Figure explained "I need you to tell me your names, and what state your in."

View user profile

669 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 19:22

(Moon)

Moon gasped before bursting into a coughing fit, covering her mouth. When she moved it, her hand was dripping and red. "She's a robot......" She mumbled quietly, shocked.

(Mist)

Suddenly, Mists hand razors extended before she forced them back inside her fingers. "Well, that's sorted. We deliver her to DR Zarovee and radio angry hacker lady."

View user profile

670 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 19:30

(Everyone)

"A robot?" Mira called in horror: "No... she can't be!... she was.. so real.." she trailed off.

Jane continued to stiffly stare into space. Then her head slowly turned and zeroed in on Oboro:

"Alert. It appears, I have been. Partially Undressed. This is, In, Violation of, Accepted Social Norms.
Are you engaged in, Illegal Activity?" she stiffly said, looking at Oboro:
"If so, I will be forced to. Terminate You"

"NO! Jane! No!" Tomas tried to get up and stumbled towards her.

"This, Units Name, Is, Madelyn" Jane quietly said. Her hands lifted and she began stiffly fixing her clothes.

(The Hooded Figure)

"We're.. fine!..." the man called: "My name is.. Bob. And this is Jill"

"..that's not my name!" you heard a muffled girls voice.

"Quiet!" the man shushed her.

671 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 19:44

(Moon)

Moon coughed and watched nervously. Her hand touched her sword, though she knew she was in no state to fight.

(Mist)

"No, he was just checking something. Nothing illegal is going on here." Mist shouted, leaping to her feet, causing her to clutch her hip and wince.

View user profile

672 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 20:30

(Oboro, Angelo)

The blue mare was looking rather confused at the scene. She was surpised when the girl she was searching jolted up as a robot.

"Okay, did not expect that."

She composes herself, and speaks monotone. "Negative, Madelyn. I made a mistake about which body needed to be prepared for an autopsy. Stand down."

She then turned to the group, her face slowly losing composure. "Did I just get threathened for sexual harrasment by a robot?"

Angelo just nodded. "This is most unnerving. Before the strike, she acted completely like a human."

(Arnold)

"Darn"

He began by pushing the desk in front of the door, one everyone was inside.

View user profile

673 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 21:12

(Radiance)
"Madelyn, could you please provide us with a detailed debriefing of the last 12 hours." Radiance asks from his position.

View user profile

674 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 21:39

"But... I..." she looks at her looking for any heat signitures, "this is why they didn't want her dead..." she says quitely, "I... Took mans life for somebody that couldn't die." Rain was in complete disbelief her mind trying to grind something together but it cant.

Violet is deathy quiet.

View user profile

675 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 22:43

(Everyone)

Madelyn's empty eyes shifted, from Rain, to Radiance, to Mist and to Oboro:

"...I am detecting mockery" she quietly said, drilling Oboro with her eyes:
"Subject, Oboro. Reclassified, from 'A Friend', to 'A Suspect'. I will be, Watching you. Oboro."

Her eyes shifted to Rain:

"....Madelyn is not, Indestructible. A Ballistic Blade, shot from within a, Five Meter Range, will be sufficient enough, To, Penetrate, External Armor, and... damage Madelyn's Vital Systems...
In the event of catastrophic damage, to the, Vital Systems, Madelyn will... die...
Similar Weapons of Cybernetic Nature, may cause, similar effect, on Madelyn"

As you scan her with Thermal vision, Madelyn barely showed a heat signature, just like the silhouettes you fought in the air earlier.

Madelyn waited a moment, then shifted her eyes to Radiance:

"...processing inquiry. Error.
Unable to fully comply.

Beginning Self Diagnostic. Please Stand By.

Self Diagnostic Complete.
Multiple software malfunctions detected.

Error. Unable to access, Memory Databanks.
Error. Unable to access, Plume of Dusk.

Please direct me, to the, nearest, Maintenance Facility, for Repairs, As soon as, Possible"

"Unable to.. access Memory databanks?" Tomas slowly repeated: "Unable to... access your memory?... your amnesia.."

"Correct" Madelyn replied: "I am detecting a software block, preventing me access, to my Memory Databanks. Large quantities of Data, detected inside. However, I am, Unable to Access it.
An Auxiliary Databank, had to be Engaged, at 8:15, This morning"

"Plume of Dusk.." Mira quietly called: "What is it?"

"Error. Unable to access Memory Databanks" Madelyn stiffly replied: "I'm sorry, I am unable to answer that question"

She shifted her eyes back to Radiance:

"Beginning to process, your inquiry.

- At exactly 8:15 this morning, I was disconnected, from the Black Box.

- 0.0034 seconds before connection was lost, I have received an emergency broadcast, which resulted in a, Software Block, preventing access to my Memory Databanks.

- 8:15 Auxiliary Databanks Booting up. New Memory Storage Commencing.

- 8:15 An Unknown Entity has Disabled my, External Sensors. Unable to collect New Data.

- 8:20 External Sensors, Back Online. Beginning New Data Collection.

- 8:20 Surrounding Area Identified as, '31st Victory Street'.
Due to an Unknown, Catastrophic Software Glitch, I attempted to Harm Myself.

Fortunately, you have, Stopped me, before significant damage was done.

- 8:35 We have begun escort, to the, Laboratory of Doctor Zarovee.

- Between the time of 8:35 and 13:37 multiple attempts to, Terminate Madelyn, have been detected.
A series of unforeseen software glitches, have rendered Madelyn 'Combat Ineffective'.

My purpose is to actively seek out Terrorist Threats, and, Neutralize them.
I am equipped with Advanced Anti-Terrorist Suppression Weapons. However due to unknown causes, I have not acted according to my programmed parameters.

- 13:38 Catastrophic Software and Hardware Damage sustained.

- 13:38 Loss of Connection to, Plume of Dusk.

- 13:38 Unit Madelyn, shutting down.

- 16:05 Automated systems restore connection to auxiliary battery.

- 16:05 Attempting System Reboot. Reboot Successful. Unit Madelyn. Online"

Madelyn paused. Her eyes stiffly shifted to Oboro:

"- 16:06 Possible criminal Activity Detected. Subject Oboro now under surveillance.

- End of Debriefing"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum