The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 28 of 29]

676 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 20:55

(Arnold)

The surrounding area seems quiet. If someone else is in the building, you can't seem to hear them so far.

The employee stirred and opened his eyes. The driver shoved his hand into the employees chest, pinning him against the cabinet and preventing escape.

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

677 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 21:00

(Moon)

"So, do we take you to....." Her sentence was interrupted by a loud cough followed by the splat of blood on the floor as she gasped, trying to steady herself "....do we take you to Dr Zarovee's place or not?"

(Mist)

Mist watched Madelyn quietly, insure what to say. She was rather terrified to be honest.

View user profile

678 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 21:13

(Everyone)

"...I am unfamiliar with... Doctor Zarovee's Laboratory" Madelyn stiffly replied: "However if he, Specializes in, Cybernetic Enhancements, I Speculate he may have, sufficient equipment to, Remove the Software Block, from my Memories.

A welcome course of Action"

She shifted her gaze, slowly looking over everyone in the room, with an unblinking stare:
"...I am detecting significant injuries in 80% of individuals present. Medical attention is advised"

"...Madelyn?" Mira quietly called: "...can I call you Maddie?"

Madelyn stared at her for several long moments: "...yes"

"Maddie... could you.. um..." Mira called, slightly hesitating: "...could you... blink... once in a while? Its very eerie when you stare like that..."

"Maddie does not require blinking" Madelyn stiffly replied: "...detecting discomfort. Not blinking causes restlessness within surrounding individuals. I comprehend." Madelyn nodded twice.
Then blinked. Very slowly and very deliberately. It was even more eerie than before.

679 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 21:26

(Moon)

"Getting you to the lab takes priority over...." She coughed and gasped ".....takes priority over this." Moon said to Maddie, not noticing that she didn't blink. Moon even seemed unphased by the whole thing.

(Mist)

Mist sighed and leant back, closing her eyes for a moment. "I kinda wish I'd never gotten involved in this..."

View user profile

680 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 21:33

(Angelo, Oboro)

Oboro slowly facepalmed.
"I wasn't trying to molest you, Madelyn. And I was not mocking you either. Are you making fun of me here though? Because I doubt anyone is in the mood for that here."

Angelo turned away from the group. "Preposterous... What mockery is this? To grant a homonculus of metal and wires it's own thoughts."

Oboro turned to him. "What are you talking about?"

Angelo struck a pose. "It now calls you a suspect. Before that you were a friend. How does it know about friendship? What is it's true origin?"

As the blue mare just stared at him annoyed, he stopped posing and asked one more question. "How did it make those consious decisions?"

(Arnold)

He finished setting the barricade up. "Don't bother screaming for help now. It pains me to do this, but it must be done."

He turns to him, or at least where he thought he was. "If we could work together nicely, we'll be just dandy. But if not..."

View user profile

681 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 22:49

"So Maddie... How do you feel?" Rain asks with a huff, her fingers slowly twirling her arrow, her eyes flick to Angelo, "Whats with the getup... I just noticed you were here and now im wondering where you came from and why you look like somr bad cosplay from comiccon." she says somewhat harshly, "are you here for like... Comidic relief or?" she taps her fingers on the concrete.

Violet gets up and walks over to maddie her eyes are saddened somewhat, she takes a deep breath and suddenly her armd are wrapped around the former body of Jane. A quite sob escapes her as her addrenaline had run dry and its all she could do right now. As she cries into maddies torn clothes her nails claw into her metalic sides, her sobs turning into terrorfied and heartwreanching screams as she losses grip on herself. She releases Maddie falling to her hands and knees as her mental wall is torn down and she audibly breaks under all the pressure.

Her head thrashes and she lets out another horrifying cry that echos throughout the clearing, her fists clench and she brings her head to the concrete, a soft thump is heard as it impacts, she doesn't do it again as she crys into her fists. The girl now a pathetic, sobbing broken mess, tears clearly falling from her eyes even in the dim light, "I-i-i-i JjJjJJjusSSst want to g-go home..." she says through ragged and broken breath. She grabs her beautiful violet mane, clutching the long locks between her fingers, another heartwreanching cry rips through the air.

Last edited by Violet Night on Sun 13 Aug - 3:59; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

682 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 12 Aug - 23:45

(Naomi)
Naomi briefly flips through the cash rapidly counting it before removing the note and pushing the entire envelope into her coat pocket. Before reading the note, another shiver ran up her spine. The quickness in which they had paid her was a little creepy for Naomi.

View user profile

683 Re: Digital Waltz on Sun 13 Aug - 15:36

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

"A robot?" Mira called in horror: "No... she can't be!... she was.. so real.." she trailed off.

Jane continued to stiffly stare into space. Then her head slowly turned and zeroed in on Oboro:

"Alert. It appears, I have been. Partially Undressed. This is, In, Violation of, Accepted Social Norms.
Are you engaged in, Illegal Activity?" she stiffly said, looking at Oboro:
"If so, I will be forced to. Terminate You"

"NO! Jane! No!" Tomas tried to get up and stumbled towards her.

"This, Units Name, Is, Madelyn" Jane quietly said. Her hands lifted and she began stiffly fixing her clothes.

(The Hooded Figure)

"We're.. fine!..." the man called: "My name is.. Bob. And this is Jill"

"..that's not my name!" you heard a muffled girls voice.

"Quiet!" the man shushed her.

"Alright, Bob, Jill, everyone else has already been evacuated from the building" the Hooded Figure says "If you can move, i need you both to come with me now; we need to get you out of here, just in case there's another terrorist attack."

View user profile

684 Re: Digital Waltz on Sun 13 Aug - 19:04

(Everyone)

"How do I.. feel.." Madelyn slowly repeated Rains question. Her expression was stiff and emotionless. Her eyes empty:

"...I do not know..." she briefly paused: "...Software Error Detected. I'm sorry, I am unable to answer that question"

As Violet's cry echoed across the room, Madelyn slightly twitched and looked at her:

"...Violet... you must stop... you are, hurting yourself..." Maddie stiffly said, before she leaned forward and awkwardly hugged Violet.

Mira quietly watched the two of them, for several long moments, before she gathered the courage to ask:
"...Maddie... are you.. really a robot?"

Madelyn didn't react. Her empty eyes just kept staring into space, in front of her. After another moment, she said:
"..Error. Unable to access, Memory Databanks. I'm sorry, I am unable to answer that question."

"Are you an A.I.?" Mira called again: "An Artificial Intelligence?"

"Error. Unable to access, Memory Databanks" Madelyn stiffly replied: " I'm sorry, I am unable to answer that question."

"Mira.." Tomas quietly called and sighed: "..you know that A.I. is impossible.."

"I know that, but.." Mira exhaled and looked at Madelyn: "What else could it be? There's no other explanation. Someone must have designed it. A true, Artificial Intelligence. A computer with a consciousness. Self awareness, intellect... feelings..."

"Mira.." Tomas shook his head, his expression becoming sad: "The scientific community have been trying to construct an A.I. for over 50 years. Every attempt has resulted in failure.

Every scientist, no matter how stubborn or passionate, eventually came to the same conclusion.
Creating an A.I., is impossible.

Its just something that cannot be done. Perhaps something that will never be done.

You can't breath life, into an inanimate object. You can't turn a rock formation, into a living being.

Remote controlled drones, Rumbas, computer software, will always be just that. Software.
It acts, they way you programmed it. It does, what you told it to do. No more, no less. Computers are not self conscious. They never will be.

You can't breath self awareness, into a software code... its... its not something that can be done...

An A.I. is impossible"

Mira looked at him. Her expression grave. She sat quietly, leaning against the wall and resting her head on her knees. After a moment, she quietly called:

"...if Madelyn is not an A.I... then what is she?"

Madelyn continued to stiffly sit on the floor, holding Violet in an awkward stiff hug and listening. Her eyes slightly shifted to Tomas and she quietly said:

"...Madelyn is not Artificial. Madelyn is real"

685 Re: Digital Waltz on Sun 13 Aug - 19:05

(The Hooded Figure)

"Yeah, okay... okay" Bob called through the door. You heard movement and after a few moments, the door opened and two silhouettes popped into view.

Bob was a tall man, dressed in a formal suit. His face was pale as a sheet. His head nervously twitched, startled by even the smallest of noises and beads of sweat were appearing over his forehead.
One of his hands was hidden in his trousers pocket. The other hand was holding a short girl by her shoulder.

The girl was around 14 years old. You couldn't see her well in the dark, but by the looks of it, she was frowning at Bob, from time to time.

As the two appeared before you, the girl frowned at Bob again and called: "Where's my dad"

"We'll see him soon!" Bob replied, a little too harshly, then looked at you: "Take us out of the building"

(Naomi)

You found 2000 credits inside the envelope. Roughly the amount of your monthly salary in the army.

The note was hand written and read the following:

"That's that for this job.
You can head home now.

If you want another job sometime, come by the workshop again.

Or if you changed your mind about fixing your vertigo, sooner rather than later, we can sort it out tonight.
Go back to the workshop if you're interested.

If not, head home and good night to you."

(Arnold)

"I... I don't know anything..." the employee nervously swallowed: "I don't know anything! I'm just a stock exchange employee! I run numbers for my boss! That's all I do! You've got the wrong guy" he released a nervous laugh.

686 Re: Digital Waltz on Sun 13 Aug - 20:51

Violet wraps her arms around maddie, her entire body was tense and shaking. Each breath was ragged and filled with distress, "w-where did jane g-go..." she she says mindlessly, "w-where. where. where..." she shivered and shook shaking her head into maddies shoulder.

Rain looks at Violet and Maddie, her eyes holding their stern and calm deminor, "real you say? I would ask you to explain but I feel as though i already know the answer." she crosses her arms, "do you have any discription on that dawn program... I understand you cant access it but normally those things have a description"

View user profile

687 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 14 Aug - 6:24

(Serena)
Serena had been slowly fading in and out of consciousness. She was eventually able to stay awake and prop herself against one of the boxes. She stared at the small fire still looking like she was in a minor daze the entire time.

"Madelyn is both" Serena softly speaks from her position, gaze never leaving the fire "you are, the first steps in creating...biomechanical harmony"

(Naomi)
Naomi had planned on leaving after completing the job, but the cities lock down was going to prevent that. There was no point in denying that the money had sent a rush through her. Such a simple job and this was the pay? It was only a question of what was to be gained from the jobs that actually posed a challenge.

As she passed by the large lake again her mind was made up. She was going to keep doing jobs for these people. Not only for the money but for the chance that she'd find something that gave her true purpose.

View user profile

688 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 14 Aug - 9:11

(Everyone)

"Jane Doe, was a nickname, you gave me, when I could not remember, my name" Madelyn quietly said:
"But. I remember. My name now. The nickname is no longer required. And. I am here."

She shifted her gaze to Rain: "...are you referring, to the, 'Plume of Dusk'?
I only know that is it, a, Vital Component, necessary for my 100% functionality. Unfortunately, I am unable to access any further information.

During the last combat action, I have sustain critical damage, to my, software, and hardware. Following the damage to my, Systems, I have lost connection, to the 'Plume of Dusk'."

Mira exhaled, seemingly trying to wrap her head around everything: "Biomechanical.. harmony.. huh..... they did manage to bridge the gap between man and machine, when they started making Tilerium laced cybernetics. Prosthetic limbs that you control with your mind... almost everyone has them now.."

"Madelyn is Madelyn" Maddie quietly said: "I am, what you see"

Mira looked at her with a sad expression: "..Maddie... you're.. different.. than you were before. You were acting differently, before the last attack.."

"...I am acting, the same as, before" Madelyn stiffly replied, each word disjointed. Her empty eyes staring at you.

".....we shouldn't stay here for too long" Tomas called after a while: "...someone may still be pursuing us. If everyone's able to walk, we should head out soon.."

689 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 14 Aug - 9:18

(Naomi)

As time went on, the roads slowly became more packed and busy. It was around four o'clock in the afternoon and people were starting to head home from work. You ended up being held up in a few traffic jams, as you made your way back to the workshop.

When you finally made it, you saw the garage door still open and a new sports car, standing inside.

The mechanic you saw earlier, was laying under the car and unscrewing something. Beside him, another guy stood, arms crossed and watching the mechanic work.

The two were quietly talking.

690 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 14 Aug - 9:23

Rain nods, "Maddie... Lets see if we can get you fixed up eh?" Rain sighs slowly rising to her feet with a grunt. She takes a deep breath, "you gotta pull it together Violet." she says with a sigh.

Violet sniffs a bit, slowly pulling away from maddies embrace. She is deathly silent.

View user profile

691 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 14 Aug - 12:11

Kaylee Brown wrote:(The Hooded Figure)

"Yeah, okay... okay" Bob called through the door. You heard movement and after a few moments, the door opened and two silhouettes popped into view.

Bob was a tall man, dressed in a formal suit. His face was pale as a sheet. His head nervously twitched, startled by even the smallest of noises and beads of sweat were appearing over his forehead.
One of his hands was hidden in his trousers pocket. The other hand was holding a short girl by her shoulder.

The girl was around 14 years old. You couldn't see her well in the dark, but by the looks of it, she was frowning at Bob, from time to time.

As the two appeared before you, the girl frowned at Bob again and called: "Where's my dad"

"We'll see him soon!" Bob replied, a little too harshly, then looked at you: "Take us out of the building"

(Naomi)

You found 2000 credits inside the envelope. Roughly the amount of your monthly salary in the army.

The note was hand written and read the following:

"That's that for this job.
You can head home now.

If you want another job sometime, come by the workshop again.

Or if you changed your mind about fixing your vertigo, sooner rather than later, we can sort it out tonight.
Go back to the workshop if you're interested.

If not, head home and good night to you."

(Arnold)

"I... I don't know anything..." the employee nervously swallowed: "I don't know anything! I'm just a stock exchange employee! I run numbers for my boss! That's all I do! You've got the wrong guy" he released a nervous laugh.

"Don't worry kid, we'll get you back to him; oh, and sorry about myself being invisible, special ops, you understand?" the Hooded Figure explained "Now, i came in through the window, but i think the safest way down for us now, especially for you, would be the stairs. Come on, they should be this way" and with that, he lead the two in the direction of the exit.

View user profile

692 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 14 Aug - 15:15

(Arnold)

He gave the man a frown. "A likely story. But if you're innocent, who do we need to ask questions?"
He folds his arms over his chest. "I don't like soing things the hard way. It makes me feel dirty. But if I have to..."

He looks into his eyes. "So let's be honest here."

(Angelo, Oboro)

Oboro looked down, sadness hanging over her. "Maybe there was a Jane inside. Someone who actually..."

Angelo spun around once. "The darkness whispers to me, we must seek light soon! Escape this shell of the unknown before it's cracked for us! Those able to fight, protect those that have been injured too much. We shall discover what has happened!"

The blue mare looks at him. "Seriously? Everyone wants our hides out there! Name one solid reason we should go up now!"

Angelo posed, his hand covering his face. "Schrodinger's cat. Maybe Schrodinger's cyborg. And in your case, Schrodinger's Princess."

A frown forms on Oboro's face. The then gave a sigh. "Yeah, better confirm I'm out of a job before looking for a new one. Okay, ready as I can be."

View user profile

693 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 15 Aug - 10:57

// Another RP Wallpaper variation ^^

Featuring Jane Doe / Madelyn

"...-Find me, where the Sakura blooms"

694 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 15 Aug - 14:27

Kaylee Brown wrote:  

// Another RP Wallpaper variation ^^

Featuring Jane Doe / Madelyn

"...-Find me, where the Sakura blooms"

//nice, will you make a variant showing her with cyborgs parts revealed, like with the previous Digital Waltz wallpaper?

View user profile

695 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 15 Aug - 20:35

(Serena)
"Council...could still be saved" Serena adds in with a tired and slightly mumbled voice "Small chance of saving them if we get...Madelyn to...Zarovees"

Serena struggles to her feet. Her broken mechanized arm hanging limply by her side. She sways slightly, appearing like she would if she had been slightly intoxicated.

(Naomi)
Naomi approaches. Making her foot steps purposely louder, but not obnoxiously so, in order to announce her presence.

View user profile

696 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 16 Aug - 11:29

// Thanx ^^
No, sorry, only one version for this wallpaper  Embarassed

I'm working on another RP wallpaper though, it will feature Clopin, Mira, Tomas, Emerald and Madelyn ^^

//Soundtrack

(Everyone)

Madelyn's sight followed Violet, as she got up:
"Violet. Your vital signs are, alarming me. You must, calm down."

Tomas placed Mira's hand over his shoulders and helped her on her feet: "...this way..." he quietly called, looking at his compass.

You began slowly making your way through the narrow, dark tunnels of the Labyrinth once more. As your eyes adjust to the darkness, you slowly begin to notice things that have escaped your sight before.

Claw marks on the walls. Small rusty trinkets, scattered on the floor, here and there. An old watch. A small picture. Somebodies purse. Dark red stains, on the floor and walls around you.

One tunnel after another, the path twisted and turned, leading to a staircase going further below, a room, full of old boxes and rusting, ancient machinery, an old generator room. The technology looked extremely old and forgotten. The haven't been making machines like this, for the past four decades.

Turning another corner, you briefly freeze up, as a massive cave opens before you. The ceiling was so high, you could barely make it out in the darkness. Long stalactites hung from above. The quiet sound of water, slowly dripping down from them, echoed softly across the cave.

The walls were lines with catwalks. The floor, filled with construction material. Bags of sand, tools and closed barrels. As you moved forward, Tomas' light illuminated the skeletons that laid on the floor. Wrapped in faded rags and clothing, they all faced the same direction. The path were you can came in.

Tomas hesitated for several moments, before he softly stepped forward, continuing on with his path.

For twenty long minutes you had made your way through the cave. The sight was the same, where ever you looked. The claw marks on the floor, became more vivid and numerous here. The air was heavy with the smell of rusting machinery.

After several moments, Madelyn had pointed at a sealed metal door, several meters away. Her soft quiet voice, echoed across the cave:

"...detecting numerous life forms, beyond this door. People. Music. Conversation. Exact number, unknown"

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Wed 16 Aug - 11:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

697 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 16 Aug - 11:29

(Naomi)

The man standing in front of the car, briefly looked at you, before shifting his gaze back to the mechanic, under the car.

"...-announced three weeks ago my arse. You heard anything about this training exercise?" the man asked the mechanic, crossing his arms in disapproval.

"First I've heard of it" the mechanic called, unscrewing something under the car: "Here's what gets me though. You lock down a city like this, even for 24 hours, how many people are gonna loose their money?
Flights canceled, shipments delayed. No commercial traffic in or out of the city. People can't get home. People can't leave home. The amount of bodies you need on the ground, to establish a perimeter of this size. The economy is gonna take a nose dive.

And nobody is complaining?

You'd think people would riot on the streets. A training exercise of this scale? No prior announcement? Ain't nobody would be happy about this... and yet, there's nothing"

The mechanic got out from under the car and looked at the other man: "Whats more, the mass media is full of these hacks, claiming they heard the announcement weeks ago. That, somehow, we're the assholes who missed the news. I don't understand it.

You can pay off, one, two, ten average people, to tell a lie on national television. But hundreds of them? I don't know. Something's wrong here... it bugs me" the mechanic got up and started wiping his hands.

He looked around and noticed you: "Oi. You back already?
They payed you right? Cos I don't have anymore jobs to give. Not for a few days. Best go home. Or if you live outside Adelheid, go rent a hotel room or something. You got the money"

He said, looking at you and wiping his hands: "Unless there's something you needed?"

(Arnold)

"I don't know what you're talking about!!!" the man squealed: "Please just, leave me be! You have the wrong man!"

The police driver cracked his knuckles. The employee turned pale.

(The Hooded Figure)

The two nodded and began following you toward the staircase.

Several moments pass and your cellphone began to ring, alerting you to an incoming call.

Bob looked in your general direction with suspicion.

Jill seems weary. Her head twisting left and right as she scans the empty surroundings of the office floor.

698 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 16 Aug - 16:25

Rain looks about before drawing her bow but not knocking an arrow she instinctually moves forward in front of some of the group.

Violets hands are visibly shaking, "i-i-im ok..." she says quitely her eyes flicking about the cave like she was having a breakdown.

View user profile

699 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 16 Aug - 16:58

(Moon)

Moon leant against Mist, looking around nervously. "This place is creepy as hell. Do you think that the ones behind that door are friendly?" Her arms twitched nervously and she gripped her sword, swaying a little with each step.

(Mist)

Mist sighed. The further they had gone, the more nervous she became, clearly not fond of being underground. "I don't like the sound of this place, doesn't feel safe."

View user profile

700 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 16 Aug - 20:11

(Angelo, Oboro)

"This place keeps disgusting me more and more." Oboro said, looking around with a grossed out face. "All this rust, dirt, blood and corpses... Why do they face one way? It's beyond disturbing if you ask me."

Angelo looks ahead of them, to the door. "Numerous people? Music? Hold on a second..."
He slowly goes to the door, to hear what kind of music is coming from it. "What will be whispered from beyond this gateway?"

(Arnold)

"Allow me to be clearer then." He said, taking a seat.
"Your colleague slipped up when adressing those rumba's when she took you all as hostages. He seemed to know her, at least enough to identify her gender. This was despite disguising her voice. I can't tell if it's the same one, but before those Rumba's deactivated, one of them said something about a hostage."

He got up again. "If you're innocent, and don't know anything about this, I merely ask of you to tell us who we do need to grab for that offense. If you're involved in this, my friend is happy to let off some steam."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum