The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's


You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 33 of 40]

801 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 5 Sep - 19:02

(Angelo, Oboro)

Oboro was thrown into the air, though she stabilized herself in mid-air after a bit of struggle. When she saw the machine, she realized it.

They couldn't win anyway.

Angelo got throw more away over the ground, rolling and gaining scuff marks. He readied himself, trying to see what was possible.

"Get that man out of there!"

(Arnold)

"She's down here. Where's the man we had?" He then looked down. "Nevermind, get this man here back on his feet! I'll try to get the girl in here!"

With that, he jumped onto the fire escape, holding out his hand.

"Young lady! Hold up! I know things seem bad, but I know your father, Ted! He may got hurt, but he did his part! If you come with me, I'll get you to him!"

View user profile

802 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 5 Sep - 20:21

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:(Angelo, Oboro)

Oboro was thrown into the air, though she stabilized herself in mid-air after a bit of struggle. When she saw the machine, she realized it.

They couldn't win anyway.

Angelo got throw more away over the ground, rolling and gaining scuff marks. He readied himself, trying to see what was possible.

"Get that man out of there!"

(Arnold)

"She's down here. Where's the man we had?" He then looked down. "Nevermind, get this man here back on his feet! I'll try to get the girl in here!"

With that, he jumped onto the fire escape, holding out his hand.

"Young lady! Hold up! I know things seem bad, but I know your father, Ted! He may got hurt, but he did his part! If you come with me, I'll get you to him!"

"Thoughtful though unnecessary" the Hooded Figure replied "I just need a minute to regain my strength, but my magic is barely dimmed."

View user profile

803 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 5 Sep - 20:27

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Naomi)


The mechanic had hastily written down an address, before shooing you out of the shop and closing the large garage door behind him.

After locking up, he and the other man had slowly shuffled down the street and began fading from view, obscured by the long shadows of the skyscrapers.


The street you are currently standing on, was pretty quiet. Barely a soul was in sight. A bright flash of light became visible in the clouds and a distant thunder echoed across the area.


From what you recall, the nearest hotel was about a 30 minute ride from here.

The clinic address you received was also roughly 30 minutes away, but in the opposite direction.











(Arnold, The Hooded Figure)


As you look out of the window, you notice Jill rapidly climbing down the fire escape ladder. She looked up and noticed you.
Judging by how she increased her pace, it seems she is scared of you.

In a few more minutes, it seems she will reach the ground level and the police blockade below.


A few seconds ticked by, and the door to the buildings main staircase, loudly flew open and a man ran inside.

He was wearing a tactical vest and a police uniform. One of his arms was seemingly made of metal and visibly broken at the elbow.

In this darkness, it took Arnold several long moments to recognize him as the van driver, who came with him to the stock exchange building.


"The cops are swarming the place!" He loudly screamed, running toward Arnold and the Hooded Figure: "There's no way we can get passed them through ground level!... W-..where's Ted's daughter?.." he called, hastily looking around.


"You, cop; we're running decoy for the pacifist with the axe" the Hooded Figure explains to the van driver "So it's back down the stairs for us."

View user profile

804 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 5 Sep - 23:49

Violet whips out her new weapon. Her wings flap taking control of her flight, She shoves a metal ball inside of it and takes aim before popping a shot aiming for the beasts left eye.

(I just got some d20's so when we roll for violets gun will it be me or you rolling? Also could you put the number down that is rolled?)

Rain flaps her wings hard, aiming for jake she reaches one arm out for him the other aiming at the beast with her spear, "we can do this!" she calls out.

View user profile

805 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 6 Sep - 2:11

(Moon and Mist)

Moon and Mist both activated their blades at the same time. Moon drew her own sword with the other hand, she could work with two swords. "Fun" She grinned and moved slowly towards the new enemy. Her eyes glowed an eerie red and she giggled. Mist growled and ran towards it, her hand razors extending.

//Sorry I've been off. Returned to school (a run down shit hole) and everything is chaos.

View user profile

806 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 6 Sep - 10:11

(Rip moon)

View user profile

807 Re: Digital Waltz on Thu 7 Sep - 15:51

// Its alright Moon, studies come first. Hang in there.
Take as much time as you need, we're here if you need us =)


// Also Happy Birthday to Radiance, who had a birthday yesterday!!! Wish you all the best mate =D


// P.S. Firewing, I got a few d20 dice that I never opened since I bought them lol. I can roll them if you want, and post the numbers here.






(Everyone)


As Violet took aim and pulled the trigger, a deafening sound briefly echoed across the cave, as the projectile shot out.

(Rolled 12)

The projectile missed the eye, instead hitting the centipede in its metal face, ricocheting off the armored plate and penetrating through one of its numerous mandibles.

The monster roared and lunged at Jake, aiming to simply crush him with its mass.

A split second before it reached him, Rain swooped Jake out of the way. Her Armor Buster connected with the monsters face, releasing a deafening impact. A noticeable crack appeared in the armor that covered the monsters face.


The centipede emitted a garbled screech and continued to move with its momentum, burrowing back underground. A portion of its body remained visible, like a snakes back, arcing over the ground, before its tail briefly showed up above ground and vanished.


Judging by the deafening tremor, the creature was moving away from you and toward the civilian encampment further inside the cave.
The civilians began shrieking in panic, breaking into a mad sprint.


"ANTI TANK WARFARE?!! THERE ARE NO TANKS HERE!" Mira shrieked over the racket, trying to get back on her feet, despite the unending tremors.



"...They leave nothing to chance" Madelyn replied as a variety of unknown mechanical noises came out of her body. As if something inside was shifting, changing structure. She spread her hands wide in an offensive stance and a long blade extended out of her left arm:

"Its likely to assume that Jake told his story to anyone here who would listen. Our enemies aim to silence everyone here. And since their police raid has failed, they resorted to this"



"THERE'S OVER A HUNDRED PEOPLE HERE!" Mira shrieked over the racket.

"Yes.." Madelyn calmly replied: "And it will kill all of them. Unless we stop it" She suddenly darted in the direction of the tremors. Her legs moved with an eerie speed, carrying her faster than what seemed physically possible.



A second later, the centipede violently erupted out of the ground a few dozen meters away. It shrieked and immediately lunged toward a group of civilians, its razor sharp jaws eerily snapping, as it drew closer to them.

One of its four mandibles wasn't moving quite right. Some kind of malfunction in the intricate mechanism.
A visible crack was seen on its armored face plate.


You got a better look at its body structure now. Its entire long carcass was covered with several layers of extremely thick armor plates. Its spine protruded upward in a series of armored spikes, along its entire body, each spike almost a meter long.

The entire carcass looked like it was covered with multiple layers of armor. Extremely thick, seemingly impenetrable.

Its belly, however, seems to have a bit of a thinner armor on it. Same was with its face.

The problem was the hundred something legs of the centipede, each sharp as a razor and in constant motion, propelling it across the ground at a startling speed.

Several sets of its massive jaws were constantly snapping, trying to bite everything. It almost seemed as if it didn't need them.
The sheer mass and size of the creature was enough of a weapon, as it could seemingly crush everything with its weight.


View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

808 Re: Digital Waltz on Thu 7 Sep - 15:51

(The Hooded Figure, Arnold)


As Arnold shouted to the girl, she didn't react and continued to rapidly climb down the ladder. Whether she ignored Arnold or just didn't hear him, was unclear. The distance between the two was significant.

The girl was seemingly on the 12th floor and rapidly climbing down the fire escape ladder. Arnold and the Hooded figure were roughly on the 19th floor.


The police officer looked at the Hooded figure with wide open eyes: "W-we can't do that!.. there are dozens of cops swarming the building! They're sweeping the floors, one by one.
If they spot us, we won't last more than a few seconds!

The Zerber Unit is with them! Highly cybernetically augmented! We have to get Ted's daughter and get the hell out of here! While there's still time!"


He looked around for the girl, seemingly horrified:

"W-Where is she?!
The cops downstairs cannot be trusted! If she reaches them, she's as good as dead!! All of this will be for nothing!!!"

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

809 Re: Digital Waltz on Thu 7 Sep - 16:06

Kaylee Brown wrote:(The Hooded Figure, Arnold)


As Arnold shouted to the girl, she didn't react and continued to rapidly climb down the ladder. Whether she ignored Arnold or just didn't hear him, was unclear. The distance between the two was significant.

The girl was seemingly on the 12th floor and rapidly climbing down the fire escape ladder. Arnold and the Hooded figure were roughly on the 19th floor.


The police officer looked at the Hooded figure with wide open eyes: "W-we can't do that!.. there are dozens of cops swarming the building! They're sweeping the floors, one by one.
If they spot us, we won't last more than a few seconds!

The Zerber Unit is with them! Highly cybernetically augmented! We have to get Ted's daughter and get the hell out of here! While there's still time!"


He looked around for the girl, seemingly horrified:

"W-Where is she?!
The cops downstairs cannot be trusted! If she reaches them, she's as good as dead!! All of this will be for nothing!!!"


"The Unions' pet Robocops? Seems a little overkill, doesn't it?" the Hooded Figure said, before sighing "Fine, the girl's just exiting stage left, we'll pull her back on for the encore". And with that, they moved over to the smashed window and tried to grab the girl in their telekinesis so they could pull her back up.

View user profile

810 Re: Digital Waltz on Thu 7 Sep - 17:51

(Angelo)

Unsheating his sword, he quickly makes his way over there to help in the skirmish. Even if he couldn't stop it, he wouldn't let them be eaten, damn it!

(Oboro)

She looked at the machine. Then, she looked at the weapon on her right arm, followed by a look at her left arm, that was still limp. She took another glance at the centipede, and let out a sigh.

"... This is foolish..."

She messed with her earpiece, hoping to reach Clopin or his hacker.

"Clopin? Hacker? I got an update for you, I don't think you'll want to hear it, but you must know. Answer me, over."

(Arnold)

"Oh for the love of justice!"

He begins climbing down as well, despite his larger frame he moved down at an even pace, maybe faster.

"MISS! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! I KNOW THE SITUATION LOOKS UPSIDE DOWN, BUT I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME! I CAN BRING YOU TO YOUR FATHER!"

View user profile

811 Re: Digital Waltz on Thu 7 Sep - 22:48

Violet laughs her mood suddenly changing from dark to bright, "IT WORKS!" she crys out looking down at her hewfound weapon. Her eyes look back to the monster, "oh..." she works semiquick, her fingers fumbling with viles of black powder she shakes a little as she is reloading, "shit shit shit!" she loads another metal ball in and pulls back the knob on her striker. (Reload done)

Rain drops the man near the doctor, "here take care of him!" she pulls out her bow and knocks an arrow, violet seemed to have the right idea! She flys after maddie pulling back an arrow and aims for the beasts eyes before releasing.

View user profile

812 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 12:54

(Everyone)


A few seconds ticked by, before the radio clicked in response:

"...-I already know" a distorted voice answered: "..-on my way to you now. Try not to die before I get there" the radio clicked off.


As Rain pulled back an arrow, she felt her hands making barely noticeable, subconscious adjustments to her aim, provided by the Skillwire system.

The arrow flew loose and hit the centipede square in the left eye. Unfortunately the eye's shell proved too thick and the arrow loudly bounced off.


The beast roared, as it continued to stampede through the cave, chasing down a small group of civilians and rapidly gaining on them.
The entire cave was shaking, as if from an earthquake, as the centipede propelled its massive body forward at a frightening speed.


"I AM JANE DOE!" Maddie suddenly barked, sprinting after the monster: "AM I NOT YOUR TARGET" She screamed, her feet launching her into the air with an impossible jump and she drop kicked the centipede into one of its mandibles.


The monster barely noticed the impact and it seemingly didn't slow down its advance, but its massive red orbs shifted and zeroed in on Maddie almost immediately.


As Madelyn landed back on the ground and looked back, the centipede began changing trajectory of its movement, circling around and stomping right towards her.

Maddie's ears fell and she grimaced: "..that was not entirely wise.."



She turned around and broke into a mad sprint as the centipede roared and charged after her, its four mandibles snapping so hard, you felt they could chop through a building.



"YOU MUST, ORGANIZE AN EVACUATION!" Madelyn screamed over the radio: "GATHER THE CIVILIANS AND LEAD THEM, AWAY, WHILE THE ENEMY IS FOCUSED ON ME!
THERE ARE OVER 100 PEOPLE HERE. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL OF THEM MAKE IT" her voice loudly echoed over the radios.
For some reason, she didn't sound out of breath. Unnaturally so. Even though she was sprinting, you didn't hear her inhale once, while she spoke on the radio.


The centipede was getting closer to her, fast. Maddie looked back, as the monster opened its jaws, ready to strike. The power behind those mandibles seemed like it could easily chop her in half.

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

813 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 12:54

(The Hooded Figure, Arnold)


As the telekinetic spell began pulling the girl upward, she clutched the ladder with both hands, with a death grip and began shrieking at the top of her lungs:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!! WHAT YOU DOING!?!"


As Arnold called to her, she only latched harder onto the ladder and fought against the telekinetic spell:

"LIAR!!!" She shrieked to Arnold: "I DON'T TRUST ANY OF YOU!!! GO AWAY!!! AAAAAAAAAAGGH!!!!" She was shrieking at the top of her lungs, deathly afraid of loosing the grip on the ladder and fighting against the spell.


Her screaming loudly echoed across the street and the people on the ground began noticing and looking up. Most of the people down there, appeared to be cops.


View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

814 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 13:22

Violet takes aim once more, "come on baby... Land your shot..." she growls aiming for the crack in its armor that Rain previously made before taking her shot.

"This thing isn't very smart." rain lands on its head, she rears back bringing her buster down on the things left eye determained to disable it in some way, "YOU ARE GOING DOWN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER YOU BIG METAL FUCK!" she shreaks at the centipede.

View user profile

815 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 13:38

Kaylee Brown wrote:(The Hooded Figure, Arnold)


As the telekinetic spell began pulling the girl upward, she clutched the ladder with both hands, with a death grip and began shrieking at the top of her lungs:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!! WHAT YOU DOING!?!"


As Arnold called to her, she only latched harder onto the ladder and fought against the telekinetic spell:

"LIAR!!!" She shrieked to Arnold: "I DON'T TRUST ANY OF YOU!!! GO AWAY!!! AAAAAAAAAAGGH!!!!" She was shrieking at the top of her lungs, deathly afraid of loosing the grip on the ladder and fighting against the spell.


Her screaming loudly echoed across the street and the people on the ground began noticing and looking up. Most of the people down there, appeared to be cops.



"Guess we're making the shortcut then; ladders and gentlemen, may i have your standing ovation" the Hooded Figure chuckled as they enveloped the entire escape ladder in their telekinesis and started pulling it away from the wall, bending it up so that the bottom of the ladder now started travelling towards the roof.

View user profile

816 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 17:50

(Oboro)

"Sure, okay..." She looks at the scene. Despair reflected in her eyes.
"Survive... Again."

The way she just looked at the scene, something seemed off. It was as if something came up from below.

(Angelo)

When he arrived in the town, he made a telekinetic-boosted jump to a house. From there, he shouted.

"Citizens of this humble refuge spot! What disaster there is, we can see! But I ask of you, do not panic! It will be taken care of! In the meantime, I beseech you all to point me to an exit, so We can evacuate you all! We will keep you safe, and we can do it! With your aid, we will save every one of you!"

(Arnold)

When the ladder began to shake from the telekinesis, he shouted upwards.

"DAMMIT, YOU FOOL! STOP MAKING IT WORSE!"

Despite this, he makes his way over to the girl, and gently speaks to her.

"I understand what you say. First you were taken hostage, then some strange men come in, kicking up dust claiming to bring you to safety, it's all very much to take in. I agree, we have done nothing to really earn your trust yet, did we? I would be skeptic too, if I were you. But I just want to make sure we'll make it out unharmed."

He holds out his hand. "I'll help you out of here, and I'll keep you safe. Take my hand, and I'll get you out of here."

(Since we rolled the dice before, can I ask for a diplomacy check?)



Last edited by Blue, blonde and purple on Fri 8 Sep - 21:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Plot holes (?))

View user profile

817 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 20:21

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:(Oboro)

"Sure, okay..." She looks at the scene. Despair reflected in her eyes.
"Survive... Again."

The way she just looked at the scene, something seemed off. It was as if something came up from below.

(Angelo)

When he arrived in the town, he made a telekinetic-boosted jump to a house. From there, he shouted.

"Citizens of this humble refuge spot! What disaster there is, we can see! But I ask of you, do not panic! It will be taken care of! In the meantime, I beseech you all to point me to an exit, so We can evacuate you all! We will keep you safe, and we can do it! With your aid, we will save every one of you!"

(Arnold)

When the ladder began to shake from the telekinesis, he shouted upwards.

"DAMMIT, WYVERN! STOP MAKING IT WORSE!"

Despite this, he makes his way over to the girl, and gently speaks to her.

"I understand what you say. First you were taken hostage, then some strange men come in, kicking up dust claiming to bring you to safety, it's all very much to take in. I agree, we have done nothing to really earn your trust yet, did we? I would be skeptic too, if I were you. But I just want to make sure we'll make it out unharmed."

He holds out his hand. "I'll help you out of here, and I'll keep you safe. Take my hand, and I'll get you out of here."

(Since we rolled the dice before, can I ask for a diplomacy check?)

// Arnold doesn't have any information to make him think my character is Lord Wyvern, nor has he ever even met the guy

View user profile

818 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 21:05

// Arnold doesn't have any information to make him think my character is Lord Wyvern, nor has he ever even met the guy

(Twilight would've informed them about the people she had worked with before. Besides, the people at the Adelheid events have to be well-known. But it can be changed, if it must be.)

View user profile

819 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 8 Sep - 21:40

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:
// Arnold doesn't have any information to make him think my character is Lord Wyvern, nor has he ever even met the guy

(Twilight would've informed them about the people she had worked with before. Besides, the people at the Adelheid events have to be well-known. But it can be changed, if it must be.)

// It would make more sense, since the guy looks nothing like Wyvern, being as he is dressed in robes, and invisible.

View user profile

820 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 9 Sep - 6:04

(Serena)
Being knocked back had snapped Serena back to her senses. Scrambling to her feet withdrew the tablet from her bag. Fingers blurring across the screen she started breaking into any of the electronics that she could find. Turning them into botnet devices and attacking the centipede's internal computer with them.

Her goal wasn't to outright take over the death machine, but to try and slow down its processes and make it even the tiniest bit more sluggish.

(Radiance)
Already being in the air Radiance simply had to dodge back. His arms flashing up protecting his face from any of the flying debris. While the others did their things he landed where the creature had come out of and examined the hole. Something in his gut telling him to jump down it. Despite this, he crouched down and listened for any signs of screaming however faint.

There was a difference between being crazy and tactically impulsive and he was going for the ladder of the two.

(Naomi)
Shoving the note into her pocket Naomi mounted the bike and took off in the direction of the nearest hotel. Naomi desperately wanted answers, but she also felt like crap. She needed time to think to herself, to get away from the streets and lock herself in a room. Even it was only for a few hours it would finally give her time to sort herself out. And now realising how offal she felt, have a private breakdown.

View user profile

821 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 11 Sep - 12:18

// Hey everyone, sorry for the long delay, the past two days were a bit hectic. Should be back to regular posting now though ^^


Blue, blonde and purple wrote:(Since we rolled the dice before, can I ask for a diplomacy check?)


// Ah sorry mate =(  diplomacy and charisma is something I always wanted to be organic. Convincing other characters by identifying with them, understanding them and empathizing with them via natural dialogue.
I never really wanted to leave it to random chance or dice.

We can use dice for other things though, if you guys want. Like combat or spotting hidden objects etc.

I'm looking into designing something like that for the next rp, so plz everyone let me know if you'd want something like it, or should we stick to our rp's without dice

Plz let me know =)

And have a good week everyone!



Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Mon 11 Sep - 12:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

822 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 11 Sep - 12:18

(Arnold, The Hooded Figure)


The girl was shaking in fear like a leaf, as the ladder moved upward. She looked at Arnold, terrified, then reluctantly took his hand.

As you finally had the opportunity to climb back into the building, the girl quietly said, stuttering from fear and exhaustion:

"I s-swear to g-god... if you guys are.. lying to me, my dad's gonna find you!.. He's a cop, you know.. Zerber Unit!.. He has like... Five different swords in his arm!!"


Things on the 19th floor began to quiet down, though you heard an increasingly growing noise from the ground level.

From what you can tell from this height, the police officers below have noticed you and started to loudly radio in your location to others.

The slowly growing racket, coming from the main staircase, seems to indicate that a lot of footsteps are rushing upward from the ground floor. Its possible that they are no longer sweeping the building and just sprinting to the 19th floor.


As you heard this racket, you also heard a quiet ringtone. It seems the Hooded Figures phone was ringing, indicating an incoming call.

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

823 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 11 Sep - 12:18

(Everyone)


Another deafening sound echoed across the cave, as Violet fired her weapon.

(Rolled 1)

The projectile missed the monster completely, instead passing a few inches away from its carcass and flying deep into the ground.


As Rain punched the centipedes eye with the Armor Buster, the eye cracked hard and exploded, sending a cloud of glass shards and sparks across the area.

The centipede emitted a garbled roar and pulled to a sharp stop.
Violently lifting its head, its massive mandibles started rising and snapping with frightening strength, attempting to catch Rains leg and chomp on it.


Madelyn stopped as well and turned around. A long metal pole suddenly extended vertically out of her back. She grabbed a hold of it and spinned it in her hands like a weapon. The next second, the pole unfolded into a large double headed axe, almost as big as Madelyn herself.

The axe looked massive and heavy. It seemed physically impossible for her to wield it, yet she held it above her head like a feather.

Madelyn frowned and prepared to charge at the centipede, as the creature continued to writhe and snap its jaws in Rains direction.




As Angelo called out to the local populace, the people briefly stopped their panicked shrieks and looked around at everything that was happening, attempting to better grasp the situation. Then they all ran in the same direction, a large open doorway at the end of the cave.

It didn't seem as an organized retreat. More of a panicked dash for safety, only vaguely having a semblance of order, because everyone was running in the same direction.

A lot of people were falling behind. A lot of them couldn't run, or tried to grab their meager belongings, before running away. Some were wounded. Some were carrying children.




As Radiance crouched down next to the massive hole in the ground and listened, the sound of a rapidly approaching machine immediately echoed in his ears, a split second, before a giant Spider Tank erupted out of the hole.

The Reflex Trigger kicked in, on a subconscious level. Couple with the Speed Increasing Trench Coat, Radiance reflexively darted out of the way, a split second before a multi ton carcass erupted out of the ground, at a lethal speed.

If not for the speed enhancers, you have a strong feeling you would have died, if the Spider rammed into you.

Upon emerging out of the hole, in a split second the Spider unfolded its six legs to full length, the limbs moving at a frightening speed and at unpredictable angles.

You try listen to its movements and dodge at a subconscious level, but it was hard to identify the exact movement of each leg, as the deafening racket in the cave began skewing the sounds and one of the legs managed to nick you, sending Radiance flying a few meters back.


The Dermal Plating and Kevlar Bone Lacing held the impact. The throbbing pain in your chest promised only a massive bruise.

If not for the cybernetic implants, you have a strong feeling you would have died in that encounter.




The Spider Tank shrieked and darted towards Dr. Millers van.

Tomas and Mira taking positions to confront it, their faces turning more and more pale with each second.

The Spider was sprinting at them. Its carcass towering almost 5 meters above ground. It looks like it intends to just stomp on them.




As Serena attempted to interfere with the centipedes computers, she suddenly noticed the creatures countermeasures firing back. Shutting down her attempts to hack into other devices, the centipedes computer immediately attempted to take over Serena's tablet instead.

The hacking code you saw on the tablet was bizarre. Impossible. It almost seemed as if it was consciously moving across your systems, analyzing your actions in real time and immediately responding to them, with a processing speed of a computer.



It was impossible. No program was that flexible and no person had that level of reflexes or that speed of analytical thinking.

The next second, the centipedes computer had already shut down your attempts at taking over other electronic devices.
Then it hacked into your tablet. A person wouldn't be able to do it. Not that quickly.


Serena's tabloid screen had went fully dark.
Then, an infinite line of red text began scrolling through it. Non stop. Over and over. It repeated the same phrase:



KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!
KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!
KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!
KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!
KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!
KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!
KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!




The centipede roared, violently trying to shake off Rain from its head and trying to grab her with its mandibles.


View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

824 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 11 Sep - 18:38

//So, in regards to the dice rolling. It's a no from me.

Having been playing D&D on the side for over a year now I can say that the best part of the dice rolling is doing it yourself. I'd rather have something like a 1 be my own fault and not in the hands of someone else.

I don't want a character dying because of terrible rolls that I had nothing to do with.//


(Serena)
"Well, fuck" Serena muttered. Then an idea came to her. Pulling out her phone she sent the same ping signal to the centipede, but this time with a message attached to it and no attempt at all to hack

[Trying to. Conversation in the mean time? Might be able to stop suffering and save life/lives? ]

(Radiance)
Radiance opened his wings and took to the air putting some distance between him and the battlefield. He watched for a moment then dove towards the populated area. He started searching for any that needed help getting out. Starting with the children.

View user profile

825 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 11 Sep - 21:19

(Arnold)

With some trouble, he had climbed into the room again. He had been careful to hold her tight and not get damaged by the glass, though this was at the cost of moving up the ladder with one arm, and scratching himself on the glass. Despite this, he still held a warm smile to her.

"I have my honor to keep up as well. I will bring you to your father, and safe, even if pay the price."

He then turns to the others, looking more serious and stern.

"So what's the plan? Things don't look too bright now. I don't worry about myself, but if I let them down..." He shakes off the worry. "Any ideas?"

(Angelo)

He facepalmed.

He knew he should've been more clear about this. He tried it again.

"Come on, this isn't a bargain sale! Women and children first! Those able to walk, help those who can't! Don't run for just yourself!"

With that, he jumped down, and tried to help with this. He wasn't trained for this, but better something then nothing.

(Oboro)

Her gaze was still on the town and the centipede. A thousand-yard stare that seemed to view other things. When the spider came bulldozing at them, she snapped out of her daze. She still looked disoriented, but she was in the moment again.

"A second droid..." She looked at the ones with her at the Miller residence. "We need to get out of the way! If it hits us, we're done for! Spread up!"

She went up into the air, aiming to fly around it.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum