The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 37 of 40]

901 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 26 Sep - 12:10

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:Oboro cocked her head at seeing the poster. "Either she aged really gracefully, or it's her grandmother. I have doubts it's the same person. It's quite the coincidence though. Hmmm... What exactly do we know of her?"

Arnold pondered. "The one in the clubs is treated like a daughter by a gang, and she has cybernetics. Not much else."

Angelo was thinking as well, moving his finger as if he's drawing something in his mind.
"Safe room... No control... A term like 'not before it's time' can refer to two things. Either she things something happened to soon, or she has a plan that requires timing." He keeps moving the finger. "She had a surgery she wanted earlier. Back at a base... With Moon..."

He then looks at the group. "Is there a "Moon" here? Or someone else at that base?"

Oboro turned to him, and replied. "Yeah, a few actually... And now our devices are off, I guess it's safe to speak. What exactly happened there? Even the boss was secritive about it. What has been hidden?"

"I take it you know her then?" the Hooded Figure asked.

View user profile

902 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 26 Sep - 12:43

"Pure chance?" Madelyn said, thinking:
"...The Hunchback of Notre-Dame de Adelheid.. " she quietly read, squinting at the poster: "Oh my god... I remember this... they hung these posters all over the city.
Why does the poster look so old though.."

She squinted at it for a moment, then looked at you:

"Sophie Günther is something of a rising star, one of the most talented dancers in Adelheid. I remember seeing her pictures in the newspaper.
She gave an interview about the upcoming concert. Said she was waiting for something like this her whole life. How much she wanted to mesmerize the crowd, show them the beauty of a dance...
She was really looking forward to that concert.." Madelyn said, turning away and looking at the poster again.

Mira moved closer and looked at it as well: "...the resemblance is uncanny...
In this poster, 'Esmeralda' appears to be in her twenties. But this picture was taken... what, 44 years ago? 'Esmeralda' would be 70 by now"

She thought for a moment, then her eyes suddenly grew wide:

"...oh my god, how did we miss this!!! Clopin? Esmeralda? They planned this together, from the beginning!"

"W-what are you talking about?" Tomas asked, in slight confusion.

Mira looked like she was about to burst with a million things she wanted to say at once, then somewhat collected her thoughts and began:

"The book! The novel! Hunchback of Notre-Dame de Adelheid! Do you guys remember it?

The novel featured numerous lead characters. Among them, was the beautiful dancer, named Esmeralda.

And the king of thieves and beggars, known as Clopin Trouillefou.

Esmeralda and Clopin. Two characters from the same play" Mira intently looked at you:

"Often times, Clopin would help Esmeralda, when she was in need. He was her friend, or ally.
Is it a coincidence then, that a man, calling himself Clopin, appeared today, claiming he rose from the poor slums of the Labyrinth.

And a beautiful dancer named Esmeralda has appeared in numerous dance clubs today? Each time we suspected a hacker was inside?"

"...you think.. they're working together?" Tomas slowly asked.

"They're not just working together!" Mira pointed at the poster: "They wanted us to know it!
They made a grand spectacle for this whole city. They wanted everyone to know!
This poster? The 7th of November?

Today, is the 7th of November! This concert was supposed to premier today! 44 years ago!

Clopin stated this, as one of his demands!
What is so special about today? Answer this, and I will release a single hostage! He wanted us know! He encouraged us to find out!" she said, rapidly breathing.

"...yeah, but... to what end?.." Tomas quietly asked.

As Serena ran a search for the picture, only a single article popped up, dating 44 years ago.

'...-the young dancer named Sophie Günther, who was reported missing, on the 5th of November, 1991, was found today [18th of November, 1991].
She was discovered in one of they back alleys, on the outskirts of Adelheid. When the paramedic teams arrived, they were left with no choice but to pronounce her approximate time of death.

Sophie Günther had died of natural causes.

The autopsy report showed that a Cerebro Vascular Accident was the cause of death. A very rare occurrence for someone her age.

Sophie Günther was only 25 when she died...
'

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

903 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 26 Sep - 13:02

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Pure chance?" Madelyn said, thinking:
"...The Hunchback of Notre-Dame de Adelheid.. " she quietly read, squinting at the poster: "Oh my god... I remember this... they hung these posters all over the city.
Why does the poster look so old though.."

She squinted at it for a moment, then looked at you:

"Sophie Günther is something of a rising star, one of the most talented dancers in Adelheid. I remember seeing her pictures in the newspaper.
She gave an interview about the upcoming concert. Said she was waiting for something like this her whole life. How much she wanted to mesmerize the crowd, show them the beauty of a dance...
She was really looking forward to that concert.." Madelyn said, turning away and looking at the poster again.

Mira moved closer and looked at it as well: "...the resemblance is uncanny...
In this poster, 'Esmeralda' appears to be in her twenties. But this picture was taken... what, 44 years ago? 'Esmeralda' would be 70 by now"

She thought for a moment, then her eyes suddenly grew wide:

"...oh my god, how did we miss this!!! Clopin? Esmeralda? They planned this together, from the beginning!"

"W-what are you talking about?" Tomas asked, in slight confusion.

Mira looked like she was about to burst with a million things she wanted to say at once, then somewhat collected her thoughts and began:

"The book! The novel! Hunchback of Notre-Dame de Adelheid! Do you guys remember it?

The novel featured numerous lead characters. Among them, was the beautiful dancer, named Esmeralda.

And the king of thieves and beggars, known as Clopin Trouillefou.

Esmeralda and Clopin. Two characters from the same play" Mira intently looked at you:

"Often times, Clopin would help Esmeralda, when she was in need. He was her friend, or ally.
Is it a coincidence then, that a man, calling himself Clopin, appeared today, claiming he rose from the poor slums of the Labyrinth.

And a beautiful dancer named Esmeralda has appeared in numerous dance clubs today? Each time we suspected a hacker was inside?"

"...you think.. they're working together?" Tomas slowly asked.

"They're not just working together!" Mira pointed at the poster: "They wanted us to know it!
They made a grand spectacle for this whole city. They wanted everyone to know!
This poster? The 7th of November?

Today, is the 7th of November! This concert was supposed to premier today! 44 years ago!

Clopin stated this, as one of his demands!
What is so special about today? Answer this, and I will release a single hostage! He wanted us know! He encouraged us to find out!" she said, rapidly breathing.

"...yeah, but... to what end?.." Tomas quietly asked.

As Serena ran a search for the picture, only a single article popped up, dating 44 years ago.

'...-the young dancer named Sophie Günther, who was reported missing, on the 5th of November, 1991, was found today [18th of November, 1991].
She was discovered in one of they back alleys, on the outskirts of Adelheid. When the paramedic teams arrived, they were left with no choice but to pronounce her approximate time of death.

Sophie Günther had died of natural causes.

The autopsy report showed that a Cerebro Vascular Accident was the cause of death. A very rare occurrence for someone her age.

Sophie Günther was only 25 when she died...
'

"Wait a minute, didn't the guy Clopper was pretending to be, also die from a cerebro vascular accident in a back alley?" the Hooded Figure recalled.

View user profile

904 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 26 Sep - 20:37

Oboro frowned. "Yes, it's the same. Anything else you want to point out, "mysterious stranger"?"

Arnold had a thoughtful face. "Hmmmm... What does it mean though? I'm drawing a blank."

Angelo looked at the poster. He then turnd to the group. "You said you saw someone just like her back in some clubs today, did you not?"

Arnold looked at him. "Yes, what about it?"

Angelo smirked. "Then that confirms my theory. Let me state the facts first. 44 years ago, two people were confirmed deceased. Of a very young age, too young for their WRITTEN cause of death. Now, today, a man that has donned the name and past of one of them emerges from the shadows to take the Union hostage, while claiming the people here are suffering from Tileruim poisoning. At the same time, a young lady, the spitting image of the OTHER victim, dressed for the part of her dreams, appears around the city in clubs, at the moment you people have discovered a hacker. And exactly 44 years ago, "Esmeralda" was set to appear on stage, but has died prior to this."

He poses again. "Now here comes the conspiracy theory. The two dead that have been discovered, what if they knew something they shouldn't have? Discoved some pieces of information that could prove dangerous for someone's plans? So they had to be removed from the picture."

Oboro scowled at him. "Okay, let's say some gang did get rid of them. Why did they leave the bodies in the open? Why not gave them some cement shoes instead? And for that matter, how did they convince them to make a fake report?"

Angelo held up a finger to shush her. "Because the gang that killed them are the higher-ups. They could get away with this. After all, while the resources of the underworld are vast, the resources at the very top are nigh-limitless if you know where to look. And the cause of death? It's strange, but not impossible, if a little bit of your resources is spend to make it look like that diagnosis, or eliminate someone that way. Now, in normal circumstances, a former soldier and a dancer should not have anything in coomon. But what if what they had in common was a person? A friend hidden away for a long, long time... Now emerging from the shadows to set right what once was wronged?"

Arnold blinked a few times. "So what you're saying is... It's the government that did this? That they had some nefarious plans, and killed them to keep it hidden, not counting on Clopin?"

Angelo nodded. "You're correct friend, even if it's only a theory. It might needs some work though, what parts am I missing here?"

View user profile

905 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 27 Sep - 1:29

Moon frowned “It’s possible that these two may have discovered the secret to never ageing. Beyond that, faking ones death isn’t as hard as some make it out to be. I don’t like where this is headed. Either these two could be sick re-enactment enthusiasts, or immortal. I don’t like either.”

Mist stayed quiet for the most part. “It’s possible that the government has covered something up. But why?”

View user profile

906 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 27 Sep - 10:48

Silent Mist/Moon Dusts wrote:Moon frowned “It’s possible that these two may have discovered the secret to never ageing. Beyond that, faking ones death isn’t as hard as some make it out to be. I don’t like where this is headed. Either these two could be sick re-enactment enthusiasts, or immortal. I don’t like either.”

Mist stayed quiet for the most part. “It’s possible that the government has covered something up. But why?”

"They made a big mistake? They were doing something illegal? Take your pick" the Hooded Figure shrugged.

View user profile

907 Re: Digital Waltz on Wed 27 Sep - 21:37

"Shall we release a hostage?" Rain crosses her arms twirling an arrow in her fingers.

Violet leansbagainst the wall quitely a soft yawn escaping her.

View user profile

908 Re: Digital Waltz on Thu 28 Sep - 11:28

Tomas nodded to the Hooded Figure: "...yeah, you're right.
If it was only a coincidence, it's one heck of a coincidence"

He thought for a moment, then looked at Angelo and nodded: "Its a solid theory. The pieces fit. And judging by Clopin's appearance, his age roughly fits as well. He would have been a young lad back then.
I guess the only question is, why did he wait so long, before making a move? And.. who is the young woman helping him? Why does she look like Sophie Günther?"

Mira uncomfortably shivered: "... a secret to never ageing.. huh... judging by everything we've seen today, I shudder to think-... " she looked away, wrapping herself in her arms.

"...it does look like they're re-enacting something.. doesn't it" Tomas nodded, thinking: "The names, the date of the premier. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. It does appear to be important to them for some reason."

"Lets, release a hostage for now" Mira said, nodding to Rain: "Figure out the details along the-"

"...44 years.. why do you keep saying that" Madelyn suddenly called. Her deathly hollow voice and pale expression immediately drew your attention. She hasn't moved away from the poster and was staring at the date with wide open eyes:

"...this... isn't... no, you're mistaken.." she started to stutter: "... 44 years ago would be 1947, not 1991, why do you keep saying 44 years ago? I don't-.. understand..." her breathing became gradually rapid. A deep uncontrollable fear began to reflect in her eyes:

"..why is this poster so old... Sophie disappeared on the 5th. But how can it be 7th today, if she was found on the 18th... 7th is before 18th, so how did it already-...what... I don't-... what is happening!!...
I don't understand!!!" she screamed at the poster.

"M-Maddie... easy.. easy, c-calm down-" Mira slowly began approaching her, raising her hands in a calming manner.

Madelyn looked at you, with tears in her eyes: "...what's going on... I don't... understand!"

"...Madelyn.." Mira slowly began: "...can you tell me, the current year? Please?.."

"1991" Madelyn quietly said, desperately looking at you with tears in her eyes: "...the current year is 1991!... Its... its 1991, it has to be!... its.." tears began to slowly fall down her cheeks:
"...its 1991!..... why are you looking at me like that?"

909 Re: Digital Waltz on Thu 28 Sep - 19:44

Kaylee Brown wrote:Tomas nodded to the Hooded Figure: "...yeah, you're right.
If it was only a coincidence, it's one heck of a coincidence"

He thought for a moment, then looked at Angelo and nodded: "Its a solid theory. The pieces fit. And judging by Clopin's appearance, his age roughly fits as well. He would have been a young lad back then.
I guess the only question is, why did he wait so long, before making a move? And.. who is the young woman helping him? Why does she look like Sophie Günther?"

Mira uncomfortably shivered: "... a secret to never ageing.. huh... judging by everything we've seen today, I shudder to think-... " she looked away, wrapping herself in her arms.

"...it does look like they're re-enacting something.. doesn't it" Tomas nodded, thinking: "The names, the date of the premier. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. It does appear to be important to them for some reason."

"Lets, release a hostage for now" Mira said, nodding to Rain: "Figure out the details along the-"

"...44 years.. why do you keep saying that" Madelyn suddenly called. Her deathly hollow voice and pale expression immediately drew your attention. She hasn't moved away from the poster and was staring at the date with wide open eyes:

"...this... isn't... no, you're mistaken.." she started to stutter: "... 44 years ago would be 1947, not 1991, why do you keep saying 44 years ago? I don't-.. understand..." her breathing became gradually rapid. A deep uncontrollable fear began to reflect in her eyes:

"..why is this poster so old... Sophie disappeared on the 5th. But how can it be 7th today, if she was found on the 18th... 7th is before 18th, so how did it already-...what... I don't-... what is happening!!...
I don't understand!!!" she screamed at the poster.

"M-Maddie... easy.. easy, c-calm down-" Mira slowly began approaching her, raising her hands in a calming manner.

Madelyn looked at you, with tears in her eyes: "...what's going on... I don't... understand!"

"...Madelyn.." Mira slowly began: "...can you tell me, the current year? Please?.."

"1991" Madelyn quietly said, desperately looking at you with tears in her eyes: "...the current year is 1991!... Its... its 1991, it has to be!... its.." tears began to slowly fall down her cheeks:
"...its 1991!..... why are you looking at me like that?"

"Didn't you notice any changes in the world? Updated equipment, futuristic technology, weird clothing?" the Hooded Figure asked calmly "I'm sorry, but this is like 2035, not 1991."

View user profile

910 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 29 Sep - 11:44

Violets eyes widen, "uh...i- yeah... We are in early to mid 2000's.... Im very sorry to say but we are... Long... Long gone from 1991..." she crosses her arms

Rain yawns.

View user profile

911 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 29 Sep - 11:55

"Of course I noticed!" Madelyn turned away, as tears continued to fall down her cheeks:

"The buildings looked weird! The cars looked weird! The clothing looked weird! I woke up in Soren and I didn't recognize it anymore!
Everything seemed so bizarre, so alien. Structures built impossibly high. Bizarre looking machinery. It all seemed so surreal! Fake and horribly twisted!

My own body didn't feel like my own, with all those bizarre cybernetics I didn't remember installing!"

She weakly said, looking at you. Her eyes red with tears: "...I thought I was having a nightmare.
None of this could be real... that's why I tried to throw myself off a bridge, the first time you found me...

But after speaking with all of you, after what Tomas and Miller said about psychological stress and disorders, how common they are, if you exceed your cybernetic essence count, I genuinely managed to convince myself, that most of what I was seeing, wasn't real... that I was having a breakdown... that its all in my head..."

She looked down, quietly sobbing: "...but it is real... all of it... even this" she slowly looked at her hands. Up close, they could not be mistaken for anything else than cybernetic limbs, disguised to seem normal.

Madelyn's eyes suddenly widened: "...m-my daughter!... she was 12 when I..."

A gut wrenching shriek echoed across the tunnel, as Madelyn collapsed to her knees and sobbed. She leaned against the wall and cried with such hopeless despair, it was unbearable to listen:

"...my baby... my baby girl..." Madelyn's choked on her tears: "...I wasn't with her... for 44 years!?...
What have I done!... why! Why did this happen!!!... I left her, alone...
I'm a monster!..." she sobbed, as tears fell down her cheeks and onto the floor: "...she's... gone.. isn't she... she's d-"

"Maddie!" Mira weakly called, tears appearing in her eyes as well: "Please! We don't know that!"

"..-even if she's alive.. she would be 56 by now.." Madelyn hopelessly sobbed: "She grew up without me... I abandoned her... I wasn't with her... what have I done..." she covered her eyes with both hands, uncontrollably sobbing, sitting hopelessly on the cold floor of the tunnel.

912 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 29 Sep - 17:31

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Of course I noticed!" Madelyn turned away, as tears continued to fall down her cheeks:

"The buildings looked weird! The cars looked weird! The clothing looked weird! I woke up in Soren and I didn't recognize it anymore!
Everything seemed so bizarre, so alien. Structures built impossibly high. Bizarre looking machinery. It all seemed so surreal! Fake and horribly twisted!

My own body didn't feel like my own, with all those bizarre cybernetics I didn't remember installing!"

She weakly said, looking at you. Her eyes red with tears: "...I thought I was having a nightmare.
None of this could be real... that's why I tried to throw myself off a bridge, the first time you found me...

But after speaking with all of you, after what Tomas and Miller said about psychological stress and disorders, how common they are, if you exceed your cybernetic essence count, I genuinely managed to convince myself, that most of what I was seeing, wasn't real... that I was having a breakdown... that its all in my head..."

She looked down, quietly sobbing: "...but it is real... all of it... even this" she slowly looked at her hands. Up close, they could not be mistaken for anything else than cybernetic limbs, disguised to seem normal.

Madelyn's eyes suddenly widened: "...m-my daughter!... she was 12 when I..."

A gut wrenching shriek echoed across the tunnel, as Madelyn collapsed to her knees and sobbed. She leaned against the wall and cried with such hopeless despair, it was unbearable to listen:

"...my baby... my baby girl..." Madelyn's choked on her tears: "...I wasn't with her... for 44 years!?...
What have I done!... why! Why did this happen!!!... I left her, alone...
I'm a monster!..." she sobbed, as tears fell down her cheeks and onto the floor: "...she's... gone.. isn't she... she's d-"

"Maddie!" Mira weakly called, tears appearing in her eyes as well: "Please! We don't know that!"

"..-even if she's alive.. she would be 56 by now.." Madelyn hopelessly sobbed: "She grew up without me... I abandoned her... I wasn't with her... what have I done..." she covered her eyes with both hands, uncontrollably sobbing, sitting hopelessly on the cold floor of the tunnel.

"Don't worry, you are all connected to this plot somehow, i'm sure we'll find her at some point" the Hooded Figure said reassuringly "What was her name?"

View user profile

913 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 29 Sep - 18:42

"It would be nice to know your name as well, sir." Arnold said.

Oboro began to ponder, something Angelo noted. "Remeniscing of something, blue?"

She shook her head. "Just trying to place facts together. It's all I can do, being disarmed in more ways then one."

"Let's see.... If I try to put facts together, our opponents follow the naming of important characters from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Which means they have more players in this game, as there's also a knight, the Hunchback himself, and Claude Frollo." The blue mare spoke monotone, to announce her thoughts.

"Madelyn believed it was 1991, which is strange. Or is it? The known victims died in the same year of relatively unlikely diseases, but their names are also used by the puppet masters... Wait a minute."

She looked much more awake now. "That could be it! Nico, Sophie, and Madelyn here! They've been removed, a false autopsy was leaked to hide them! And they've been turned into soldiers! But, whatever A.I. held them, it broke! That's how she believed it was 1991! That's when she died! That's when her biological brain stopped recording, until now!"

She looks around the group, franctically. "That could be it, right? It could be true, right? RIGHT?"

Angelo held her shoulders. "Yes! It could be it. But we need proof. Let's first find if someone with the name Madelyn died that way before we cling to that possibility. In the meantime, Oboro, Madelyn, take deep breathes, try to calm down."

She nodded. "Okay, thanks... I guess I got a bit overboard there. Like I've gone mad with the cybernetics. Ironic, since I skipped on them, heh heh!"

Angelo then looked at her questioningly. "Wait a sec, what did you say?"

Oboro said "That it's ironic that I seemed to go mad, despite not having any cybernetics.

Angelo's eyes widen. "Of course! How could we be so foolish! So simple, that we didn't see!"

Arnold turned to the raving man. "Do I need to calm you down now?"

Angelo replied dramatically. "No need, my friend! I just realized something! Maybe they call it different names, but Dr. Miller did in fact mention the same thing as Clopin. Tilerium poisoning is real, except not how we expected it!"

Arnold sighs. "Yeah, I need to keep you quiet."

He then tries to restrain Angelo, and the two seem to have a very simple grab battle.

Oboro facepalmed. "Men..."

View user profile

914 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 29 Sep - 20:59

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:"It would be nice to know your name as well, sir." Arnold said.

Oboro began to ponder, something Angelo noted. "Remeniscing of something, blue?"

She shook her head. "Just trying to place facts together. It's all I can do, being disarmed in more ways then one."

"Let's see.... If I try to put facts together, our opponents follow the naming of important characters from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Which means they have more players in this game, as there's also a knight, the Hunchback himself, and Claude Frollo." The blue mare spoke monotone, to announce her thoughts.

"Madelyn believed it was 1991, which is strange. Or is it? The known victims died in the same year of relatively unlikely diseases, but their names are also used by the puppet masters... Wait a minute."

She looked much more awake now. "That could be it! Nico, Sophie, and Madelyn here! They've been removed, a false autopsy was leaked to hide them! And they've been turned into soldiers! But, whatever A.I. held them, it broke! That's how she believed it was 1991! That's when she died! That's when her biological brain stopped recording, until now!"

She looks around the group, franctically. "That could be it, right? It could be true, right? RIGHT?"

Angelo held her shoulders. "Yes! It could be it. But we need proof. Let's first find if someone with the name Madelyn died that way before we cling to that possibility. In the meantime, Oboro, Madelyn, take deep breathes, try to calm down."

She nodded. "Okay, thanks... I guess I got a bit overboard there. Like I've gone mad with the cybernetics. Ironic, since I skipped on them, heh heh!"

Angelo then looked at her questioningly. "Wait a sec, what did you say?"

Oboro said "That it's ironic that I seemed to go mad, despite not having any cybernetics.

Angelo's eyes widen. "Of course! How could we be so foolish! So simple, that we didn't see!"

Arnold turned to the raving man. "Do I need to calm you down now?"

Angelo replied dramatically. "No need, my friend! I just realized something! Maybe they call it different names, but Dr. Miller did in fact mention the same thing as Clopin. Tilerium poisoning is real, except not how we expected it!"

Arnold sighs. "Yeah, I need to keep you quiet."

He then tries to restrain Angelo, and the two seem to have a very simple grab battle.

Oboro facepalmed. "Men..."

"You don't need to see my identification" the Hooded Figure said to Arnold with a wave of their hand.

View user profile

915 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 29 Sep - 20:59

(Radiance)

"Well, if this is turning into a play, I'm curious to see if this was left here or placed specifically for us"

Radiance walks over to the poster and lifts the edge off the wall, he runs quickly runs his hand from the exposed wall to the covered part behind the poster. If the poster was as old as the area the wall underneath would feel different. Like the contrast found when you lift a book off a dirty table and it leaves a clean spot.

(Serena)
While the group discusses Serena decides to do some research of her own. She pulls up the scrambled code left from the centipede and searches it for words relating to poison, insanity, and symptoms related to Cerebrovascular Accidents

"If we're trading conspiracy theories, here's an eerie thought" Serena adds in "What if the poisoning and 6 essence limit was specifically added in? What if it's designed like some sort of population control?"

View user profile

916 Re: Digital Waltz on Fri 29 Sep - 21:15

The Hooded Figure wrote:

"You don't need to see my identification" the Hooded Figure said to Arnold with a wave of their hand.

"We do need to know who you are." Oboro said firmly. "Or do you feel you're too good for a name?"

View user profile

917 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 30 Sep - 13:36

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:
The Hooded Figure wrote:

"We do need to know who you are." Oboro said firmly. "Or do you feel you're too good for a name?"

"Pretty much, actually" the Hooded Figure shrugged "I'm just an enemy of an enemy, but no enemy you would know of."

View user profile

918 Re: Digital Waltz on Sat 30 Sep - 23:27

The Hooded Figure wrote:
Blue, blonde and purple wrote:
The Hooded Figure wrote:

"Pretty much, actually" the Hooded Figure shrugged "I'm just an enemy of an enemy, but no enemy you would know of."

"Acting all enigmatic is only going to make you more suspicious." Oboro said snidely with a frown. "I've got no patience with 'better then thou' fools, why don't you just take your secrecy and-"

Before she could finish, Arnold drags her away for a bit. "Ahaha, no worries, her wounds acting up. Let her vent to me for a moment, no need to thank me."

He drags her to a spot away, where they seem to have a talk. Arnold it seems like it's working to calm the raging maiden down, though she's still simmering, ready to flare up. After a bit they do return, Oboro merely furrowing her eyebrows now. She looks at the hooded figure and spoke.

"Enemy of our 'enemy'? Just prove you're not the enemy as well."

View user profile

919 Re: Digital Waltz on Sun 1 Oct - 12:39

"C-calm down guys" Tomas quietly said, raising his hands in a calming manner: "We don't have to fight here"

Madelyn was still sitting on the floor, crying into the palms of her hands. Mira awkwardly sat next to her, patting her on the shoulder.

"...I.. can't remember.." Madelyn quietly sobbed: "..I can't remember my daughters name...
I'm horrible!... I'm a horrible mother.." she quietly cried, her sobs faintly echoing across the tunnel.

Tomas looked at Madelyn with a pained expression, then shifted his gaze down for a moment, before looking up at Oboro:
"...you mentioned, our opponents follow the naming of important characters from the Hunchback of Notre-Dame? Yeah, it definitely seems that way. And I believe we already have confirmation of other characters being in play.

Do you remember, the text messages Clopin exchanged with his hacker? They argued, then claimed neither of them was in charge of the operation. They both answer to someone else.

So there's at least one more player in the game. Possibly more"

Oboro wrote:"That could be it! Nico, Sophie, and Madelyn here! They've been removed, a false autopsy was leaked to hide them! And they've been turned into soldiers! But, whatever A.I. held them, it broke! That's how she believed it was 1991! That's when she died! That's when her biological brain stopped recording, until now!"

Tomas' expression became weary. Grim: "...you're saying... 44 years ago, someone kidnapped these people? Murdered them.
Then turned them into these... 'Anti Terrorist Suppression Weapons'?..."

Madelyn covered her face with her hands: "...I think I'm gonna be sick"

"Maddie, hang on!" Mira pleaded.

"...I can't take this anymore" Madelyn stiffly replied. Her entire body suddenly jerked, making her sit extremely stiff on the floor. Her eyes opened wide and all life faded from them:

"...Initiating. Manual Disconnect. From. Plume of Dusk" Madelyn said in a stiff, disjointed voice.

And suddenly her body hung loose, like a puppet who's strings have been cut.

Her head hung down as she stiffly stared at the floor, with wide open, dead, empty eyes.

"Maddie!" Mira called in panic: "Maddie snap out of it!"

"...Standing by. For. Your Orders" Madelyn stiffly replied. Each word came out disjointed, like an automated voice machine.

"Maddie!" Mira screamed, grabbing the mare by the shoulders and starting to shake her: "Maddie you can't just.. turn yourself off, whenever things get too hard! Maddie! Answer me, I know you're in there!!!"

"Please, Don't, Shake, Me" Madelyn stiffly replied, her empty eyes staring into space.

Tomas looked away with an extremely pained expression. He slowly reached for his earpiece and clicked on it:

"...Amy, Noel, do you read?.. could you find a.... death certificate... on everyone named Madelyn... in the year 1991... with any relation to a Cerebro Vascular Accident?"

"Roger that, stand by" Noel's voice came through the earpiece: "Information from so far back, is mostly stored on paper. If there's nothing in the digital database, we may have to physically look through the documents, may take some time. We'll keep you posted, over"

"Thanks" Tomas quietly replied and looked at Madelyn. She was still stiffly sitting on the floor and staring into space.

As Radiance examined the wall under the poster, it seems it hung here for decades.

As you look further down the tunnel, you notice dozens of similar posters, in slightly varying states of decay. Some were completely unreadable, others showed different words and sentences that could still be read.

You find a few other posters that appear to be fairly readable in their entirety. All appear to be very old.

"..I doubt this one was placed specifically for us" Mira quietly said: "In the Labyrinth, they would struggle to know which route we would take.
More likely, they hoped we would enter the Labyrinth at some point. Its filled with parts of history, from over 50 years ago. Like a time capsule.
It would be a good bet to assume some of the posters would have survived down here for this long"

Running a search, Serena's tablet displayed the following parts of the encrypted message:

'.................................................................
..................................the Adelheid University of Medicine..........
......a surgeon, in the field of heart and blood vessels-..................
.........several months later, Leo was found dead in the street. C.V.A. stroke. Odd for his age.
A natural cause of death.

No drugs were found in his system.

-End of Message.
'

It appears that almost 90% of the message is still encrypted and would require decryption.

"...I don't know if Tilerium Poisoning is related to population control" Tomas said, looking at Serena:
"There's still untold unpopulated areas on Earth, that span for countless square kilometers.
Despite what we've seen today, not many people actually have cybernetics.

Out of the 8 million population of Adelheid, I believe there's only 10,000 people with varying cybernetics implants. Installing poisonous cybernetics would be an inefficient way to create population control. I don't believe its related"

920 Re: Digital Waltz on Sun 1 Oct - 15:41

Kaylee Brown wrote:"C-calm down guys" Tomas quietly said, raising his hands in a calming manner: "We don't have to fight here"

Madelyn was still sitting on the floor, crying into the palms of her hands. Mira awkwardly sat next to her, patting her on the shoulder.

"...I.. can't remember.." Madelyn quietly sobbed: "..I can't remember my daughters name...
I'm horrible!... I'm a horrible mother.." she quietly cried, her sobs faintly echoing across the tunnel.

Tomas looked at Madelyn with a pained expression, then shifted his gaze down for a moment, before looking up at Oboro:
"...you mentioned, our opponents follow the naming of important characters from the Hunchback of Notre-Dame? Yeah, it definitely seems that way. And I believe we already have confirmation of other characters being in play.

Do you remember, the text messages Clopin exchanged with his hacker? They argued, then claimed neither of them was in charge of the operation. They both answer to someone else.

So there's at least one more player in the game. Possibly more"

Oboro wrote:"That could be it! Nico, Sophie, and Madelyn here! They've been removed, a false autopsy was leaked to hide them! And they've been turned into soldiers! But, whatever A.I. held them, it broke! That's how she believed it was 1991! That's when she died! That's when her biological brain stopped recording, until now!"

Tomas' expression became weary. Grim: "...you're saying... 44 years ago, someone kidnapped these people? Murdered them.
Then turned them into these... 'Anti Terrorist Suppression Weapons'?..."

Madelyn covered her face with her hands: "...I think I'm gonna be sick"

"Maddie, hang on!" Mira pleaded.

"...I can't take this anymore" Madelyn stiffly replied. Her entire body suddenly jerked, making her sit extremely stiff on the floor. Her eyes opened wide and all life faded from them:

"...Initiating. Manual Disconnect. From. Plume of Dusk" Madelyn said in a stiff, disjointed voice.

And suddenly her body hung loose, like a puppet who's strings have been cut.

Her head hung down as she stiffly stared at the floor, with wide open, dead, empty eyes.

"Maddie!" Mira called in panic: "Maddie snap out of it!"

"...Standing by. For. Your Orders" Madelyn stiffly replied. Each word came out disjointed, like an automated voice machine.

"Maddie!" Mira screamed, grabbing the mare by the shoulders and starting to shake her: "Maddie you can't just.. turn yourself off, whenever things get too hard! Maddie! Answer me, I know you're in there!!!"

"Please, Don't, Shake, Me" Madelyn stiffly replied, her empty eyes staring into space.

Tomas looked away with an extremely pained expression. He slowly reached for his earpiece and clicked on it:

"...Amy, Noel, do you read?.. could you find a.... death certificate... on everyone named Madelyn... in the year 1991... with any relation to a Cerebro Vascular Accident?"

"Roger that, stand by" Noel's voice came through the earpiece: "Information from so far back, is mostly stored on paper. If there's nothing in the digital database, we may have to physically look through the documents, may take some time. We'll keep you posted, over"

"Thanks" Tomas quietly replied and looked at Madelyn. She was still stiffly sitting on the floor and staring into space.

As Radiance examined the wall under the poster, it seems it hung here for decades.

As you look further down the tunnel, you notice dozens of similar posters, in slightly varying states of decay. Some were completely unreadable, others showed different words and sentences that could still be read.

You find a few other posters that appear to be fairly readable in their entirety. All appear to be very old.

"..I doubt this one was placed specifically for us" Mira quietly said: "In the Labyrinth, they would struggle to know which route we would take.
More likely, they hoped we would enter the Labyrinth at some point. Its filled with parts of history, from over 50 years ago. Like a time capsule.
It would be a good bet to assume some of the posters would have survived down here for this long"

Running a search, Serena's tablet displayed the following parts of the encrypted message:

'.................................................................
..................................the Adelheid University of Medicine..........
......a surgeon, in the field of heart and blood vessels-..................
.........several months later, Leo was found dead in the street. C.V.A. stroke. Odd for his age.
A natural cause of death.

No drugs were found in his system.

-End of Message.
'

It appears that almost 90% of the message is still encrypted and would require decryption.

"...I don't know if Tilerium Poisoning is related to population control" Tomas said, looking at Serena:
"There's still untold unpopulated areas on Earth, that span for countless square kilometers.
Despite what we've seen today, not many people actually have cybernetics.

Out of the 8 million population of Adelheid, I believe there's only 10,000 people with varying cybernetics implants. Installing poisonous cybernetics would be an inefficient way to create population control. I don't believe its related"

"Can she still walk, or is someone going to have to carry her?" the Hooded Figure asks about Madelyn.

View user profile

921 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 2 Oct - 4:09

Rain rises something in her eyes seemed off. Her body movement was diffrent from her usual formal, high ranking stride. She sighs, "we need to leave..." she looks down at maddie with a sigh, "now..." she says glancing at the group, "standing around bickering and prying on a poor mothers broken memorys isn't our job nor should it matter... What matters is retreving them..." she glares. Her gaze falls on Mira, she wasn't too happy and the look in her eyes said she was angryer then she was making herself out to be, "come along Maddie... We have a job we dont need to fuck it up anymore then is nessisarry and im pretty sure we have already passed that point." she brushes a bit of her storm gray hair back with a sigh.

Violet stays to the back of the group her ears flat against her head. Her muzzle is pointed to the ground as she pockets her hands into her pants. She take short strides making sure to stay in the back of the group.

View user profile

922 Re: Digital Waltz on Mon 2 Oct - 13:17

//Posting from cellphone, plz excuse possible typos >.<

Mira looked at Rain with a miserable expression: "I'm s-.. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-.. I just wanted Madelyn to go back to herself"

She looked at Madelyn. The mare continued to sit still with an empty stare and emotionless expression.

"This.." Mira miserably called: "..this doesn't seem healthy!.."

"Core Systems, Functioning within, Acceptable Parameters" Madelyn said in a disjointed fashion: "No immediate concerns to report. Ready to, move out"
Madelyn said and slowly stood up. Then stiffly walked forward and stood beside Rain.

Tomas and Mira began slowly moving down the tunnel again. Tomas fell back a bit and began walking next to Violet. Sometimes he would throw an alarmed look back,
seemingly making sure that the group wasn't followed.

A few minutes pass, before Noel's voice suddenly rang in your earpiece:

"Guys, I think we found something.." she sounded alarmed. Unsettled: 
".......A police report from October 1st, 1991.

Police Officer Madelyn Vauclair was found....
" Noel uncomfortably exhaled: "...was found dead.. on the outskirts of Adelheid.

Captain Vauclair was reported missing, two weeks ago and was discovered by accident, in one of the back alleys of Adelheid.
Preliminary reports showed, the cause of death was a severe blunt trauma, to the side of her head.

However, a surgeon invited for a second opinion, had contradicted this in his autopsy. He claimed the blunt trauma was inflicted, after the victim had already died,
possibly in an effort to mask the real cause of death - a Cerebro Vascular Accident.

His autopsy report was later dismissed. Madelyn Vauclair was only 30 when she died and a Cerebro Vascular Accident at this age is extremely rare.

The police investigation of her death was eventually placed into a Cold Case category, as no suspects were found.
It is believed that Madelyn's murder was likely related to her job, as an operative in the police departments' Special Tactics unit. 
Possibly a criminal element, seeking a vendeta against her.

At the moment of writing the report, Captain Madelyns husband and 12 year old daughter, are still missing. 
All three family members were reported missing around the same time.

Mrs. Vauclairs husband and daughter were never found.

Police Report Closed.
1st of October, 1991."

Noel paused for a long moment, then quietly sighed: "...I'm sorry..."

Madelyn's expression remained unchanged during this time. Her empty eyes just kept staring forward, as she slowly walked beside Rain.

After a moment, Noel continued: "...me and Amy looked over some other files... there were a lot of Cerebro Vascular Accidents in 1991, in young patients.
I've counted at least 30 so far, and I think there were far more.
How did everyone miss this? This is well beyond a coincidense. This looks like a pattern!
"

"...information control" Tomas quietly said: "...someone was controlling the flow of information. The public only knows what its told. If someone harshly filtered everything that
was released to the general population, each unwanted case could be isolated and burried. Unwanted information leaks could be discredited and dismissed.."

"..you mean, like what's happening now?" Mira quietly asked: "..like what the UNN news studio is doing right now?

"Exactly like right now" Tomas grimly nodded: "I'm speculating of course, but, there are signs. This is.. alarming.."

923 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 3 Oct - 4:34

Rain doesn't break her stride, "good to know oboro was right..." she huffs, "...though please keep your thoughts to yourself next time its best she doesn't know about this until we finish what we are doing here." she glares back at whom she was talking to, Oboro, "Thats IF she comes back." she stays ahead of the group, her cool Rain blue eyes gazing ahead, "...if she gets upset its my desision... Thats what we can tell her and i'll take the hit... Until then I hope you all keep your gobs shut about this persay she returns yes?"

"Now... About releasing one of those hostages."

View user profile

924 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 3 Oct - 11:13

Kaylee Brown wrote://Posting from cellphone, plz excuse possible typos >.<

Mira looked at Rain with a miserable expression: "I'm s-.. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-.. I just wanted Madelyn to go back to herself"

She looked at Madelyn. The mare continued to sit still with an empty stare and emotionless expression.

"This.." Mira miserably called: "..this doesn't seem healthy!.."

"Core Systems, Functioning within, Acceptable Parameters" Madelyn said in a disjointed fashion: "No immediate concerns to report. Ready to, move out"
Madelyn said and slowly stood up. Then stiffly walked forward and stood beside Rain.

Tomas and Mira began slowly moving down the tunnel again. Tomas fell back a bit and began walking next to Violet. Sometimes he would throw an alarmed look back,
seemingly making sure that the group wasn't followed.

A few minutes pass, before Noel's voice suddenly rang in your earpiece:

"Guys, I think we found something.." she sounded alarmed. Unsettled: 
".......A police report from October 1st, 1991.

Police Officer Madelyn Vauclair was found....
" Noel uncomfortably exhaled: "...was found dead.. on the outskirts of Adelheid.

Captain Vauclair was reported missing, two weeks ago and was discovered by accident, in one of the back alleys of Adelheid.
Preliminary reports showed, the cause of death was a severe blunt trauma, to the side of her head.

However, a surgeon invited for a second opinion, had contradicted this in his autopsy. He claimed the blunt trauma was inflicted, after the victim had already died,
possibly in an effort to mask the real cause of death - a Cerebro Vascular Accident.

His autopsy report was later dismissed. Madelyn Vauclair was only 30 when she died and a Cerebro Vascular Accident at this age is extremely rare.

The police investigation of her death was eventually placed into a Cold Case category, as no suspects were found.
It is believed that Madelyn's murder was likely related to her job, as an operative in the police departments' Special Tactics unit. 
Possibly a criminal element, seeking a vendeta against her.

At the moment of writing the report, Captain Madelyns husband and 12 year old daughter, are still missing. 
All three family members were reported missing around the same time.

Mrs. Vauclairs husband and daughter were never found.

Police Report Closed.
1st of October, 1991."

Noel paused for a long moment, then quietly sighed: "...I'm sorry..."

Madelyn's expression remained unchanged during this time. Her empty eyes just kept staring forward, as she slowly walked beside Rain.

After a moment, Noel continued: "...me and Amy looked over some other files... there were a lot of Cerebro Vascular Accidents in 1991, in young patients.
I've counted at least 30 so far, and I think there were far more.
How did everyone miss this? This is well beyond a coincidense. This looks like a pattern!
"

"...information control" Tomas quietly said: "...someone was controlling the flow of information. The public only knows what its told. If someone harshly filtered everything that
was released to the general population, each unwanted case could be isolated and burried. Unwanted information leaks could be discredited and dismissed.."

"..you mean, like what's happening now?" Mira quietly asked: "..like what the UNN news studio is doing right now?

"Exactly like right now" Tomas grimly nodded: "I'm speculating of course, but, there are signs. This is.. alarming.."

"Do we know the name of the surgeon, and the people who dismissed his report?" the Hooded Figure asks.

View user profile

925 Re: Digital Waltz on Tue 3 Oct - 11:17

Violet Night wrote:Rain doesn't break her stride, "good to know oboro was right..." she huffs, "...though please keep your thoughts to yourself next time its best she doesn't know about this until we finish what we are doing here." she glares back at whom she was talking to, Oboro, "Thats IF she comes back." she stays ahead of the group, her cool Rain blue eyes gazing ahead, "...if she gets upset its my desision... Thats what we can tell her and i'll take the hit... Until then I hope you all keep your gobs shut about this persay she returns yes?"

"Now... About releasing one of those hostages."

"I disagree" the Hooded Figure said "She has a right to know; too much has been hidden from her already, and this could provide some well-needed closure."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum