The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

201 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 8 Dec - 12:54

"So... Instead of ending it you got thrown into a new body..." Rain huffs, "how upsetting that you failed... But how joyous you have a team that wont this time." she leans back in a chair.

View user profile

202 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 4:05

(Naomi)
"I'm curious about something though, in one memory it was the Opera eight, but in the next, it was the Opera seven. Lei, how long was the time gap between the last two memories?" Naomi sat leaned forward. Elbows resting on her knees and her hands folded together with her chin resting on the knuckles. "And, I don't know why I'm asking this, but could the Waltz have altered the memories in any way? Or is that kind of thing untouchable?"

(Frost)
Frost is still in the same position, though just kneeling silently now and the book is closed. Otherwise, it appears that she hasn't moved at all. The room is now slightly colder and there is a faint scent of petrichor and ozone present.

View user profile

203 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 7:04

Rain takes a deep breath taking in the petricore scent, "Mmm... Thats lovely..." she hums plesantly.

View user profile

204 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 12:25

"..Thanx Rain" Madelyn quietly said, releasing a small smile: "Thank you, everyone, for doing this for me. After so many years, this nightmare can finally end"

Lei thought for a moment, thinking: "From what I gathered, the gap between the last two memories was a little less than a year.
There's no way they can edit memories though. Its too complex, we would've noticed"

"The memory's fine" Madelyn quietly sighed: "The Opera Eight were the first eight scientists who spearheaded the project.
At the time, they still counted Christof among them.

But after it became clear he disagreed with the ethics of their research, he quickly fell out of favor. They no longer counted him among them, so they became the Opera Seven.

And over time, its reasonable to assume that the Opera Seven slowly evolved into the Digital Waltz. The seven people who really control the world.

This memory was 44 years ago, so the members of Opera Seven could have changed over time, others recruited in their place. We still don't know their identities.

I have to plug into the machine again. I need to know how it ended" Madelyn heavily sighed:

"I need to know why we failed."

The familiar sharp sound echoes in your head again, before Lei turned on the machine and everything went dark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Soundtrack

Petals of cherry blossoms swirl in the wind, as I watch Adelheid's setting sun. The armored vest weights heavily on me. The golden police badge on my chest, like a rock on my heart. This is my burden. The destiny I chose for myself.

Every life, in this city. In this world. Their fates somehow ended up in my hands. Their hopes and dreams, their lives, will either be saved or destroyed, because of my actions today. If I fail, the world will enter an era of darkness, from which it may never emerge.

Why did it have to fall onto me. An idiot like myself. What if I'm not strong enough. My skill or incompetence will decide the fates of thousands? Its not fair. They deserve better.

"Mommy!" my daughter calls, dragging me away from my thoughts.

I kneel on the freshly cut grass and lock her in a tight hug: "I love you, Lisa. I will make sure you have a future."

That's right. That's why I have to succeed. For my daughter. To see the joy in her eyes. To see her bright smile again.

I slowly force myself to let her go and step back. Max quickly kneels and picks up Lisa into her arms. The usually energetic girl in police uniform, now looks shaken and scared. A long trench coat over her shoulders. Gray civilian clothing to make her stand out less.

She holds my daughter tight in her arms and nods to me, one last time: "I will protect her with my life, Captain."

"Go to Canterlot. Hide there." I say, nodding back: "The Opera Seven may already be monitoring our phones. You can't come in contact with me. Not until this blows over.
Max, you are my closest friend. There's no one I trust more.
You and Lisa must live. Stay in the shadows. Don't make yourselves be known, no matter what happens to me.

Once the Opera Seven has fallen, come back to Adelheid.

Find me, where the Sakura Blooms.

"Good luck, Maddie" Max says, a trace of tears in her eyes: "I will see you soon"

Before it becomes any harder to part, Max tightly holds onto my daughter and runs.

Christof slowly stands next to me and placed his hand on my shoulder: "...we will succeed. I won't let my sins haunt her, for the rest of her life. We can do this Maddie. There's no one else left to oppose them"

I look into his clear eyes and nod. We will do this together. Me and the man I love.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I violently kick down the door into the TV station and pull on the fire alarm. My police uniform and rank, doesn't leave much room for interpretation. If I am doing this, then this is important.

"CLEAR THE BUILDING - NOW!!!" I bark at the employees: "ADELHEID P.D. - EVACUATE THE BUILDING!!!"

They obey without question. If I am doing, this, then this is important.
Dozens of employees brush past me, as I and Christof run up the stairs. Higher and higher, toward the main broadcast room.

The time for subtly has ended. Shock and awe tactics. Strike fast and hard, before the enemy realizes whats happening.

Seconds from now, every TV station in Soren will be broadcasting their ugly sins, for the whole world to see, and their disgusting campaign of terror, will come to an end. Before it gets any worse. Before any more people suffer.

Before another innocent soul is kidnapped in the street, shoved inside a prosthetic body and driven insane. Mind controlled and turned into a puppet, to dance on somebodies strings.

We barge into the main studio. Its empty of people now. Only deserted desks and flipped chairs.

Christof runs towards the command console. Sticks the USB inside. His hands fly over the controls. The system is starting to boot up. Just a few more seconds, and everything will be over.

I draw my sword and turn around, locking the door behind us, then dropping a metal cabinet in the way. No one must enter, before the transmission's complete. No one must pass me.

I will protect Christof with my life. Even if I die here. He must live. He must.. finish the transmission.

"I got it!" he called: "The broadcast should be coming online n-"

The lights in the entire building go down.

Everything is dark. The Equipment goes silent. I turn around and look at my husband. A split second of confusion, followed by the paralyzing realization.

The door to the studio flies off its hinges. Impossible. Nothing has that kind of power. The metal cabinet flies right into my head.
I duck, subconsciously, on a reflex.

Shadowy silhouettes in the doorway. Enemies. I cannot let them get in.

Sword drawn, I sprint at the nearest one and sink as sword in his heart.
No reaction.

I twist the sword and pull back, before slashing at his neck. My sword stops, sending a small shock wave over my arm. I didn't even break its skin. Like striking a metal pole. What's happening.

The figure raises its leg and hits me in the chest. I hear my ribs snapping, as I fly several meters into the wall.

I can't breath. There's blood in my mouth. It hurts. Its hurts so much! How did I ended up on the floor? Christof! I have to get up. Why is everything so dark!!!

I open my eyes and see the cold unblinking stare of three figures, as they slowly march into the room.
They're.. Androids. Real people in prosthetic bodies. That's all it took? Three of them?

Years of vigorous training, practicing hand to hand and sword skill. I've been on the force for 10 years, training, every day of my life... and they ended it with one hit? Broke the door with its leg, like it was nothing...

How do I fight something like this? Did we ever had a chance to begin with?

"MADDIE!" I hear Chris' scream. He turns to the robots and runs at them. Trying to slow them down somehow, prevent them from reaching me.

A sword pierces his chest and comes out of his back. A spray of blood covers everything. Chris falls. He falls to the ground. They step over him. They step over him like he was nothing.

"CHRIS!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I hear my own shriek, as if from a distance. He can't be dead. He can't be. He's just hurt, I have to help him.

Dragging my body forward, I desperately crawl through the dark. My ribs hurt, so much. Blood is pouring out of my mouth. Too much blood. This isn't... isn't good.. something is wrong with my body... something bad is happening inside.. I don't know if I'll.. make it.

"Chris... baby.. Chris please" I quietly cry, crawling towards him, as he lays on the ground.

People around walking around us. Over us. They don't pay attention to me anymore. They're quietly talking.. calmly removing the USB from the console and examining it in their arms.

I don't care anymore. I just need to reach Chris.

He's laying just a few feet away. Unmoving. Tears are starting to fall from my eyes, obscuring the vision. From the pain, inside my body.

"Christ?" I call onto him, he's laying right next to me now. His eyes are emptily staring at me. Unblinking. There's no expression behind them.

I slowly take hold of the palm of his hand and squeeze it tight: "Christ?.. baby... don't die.." I quietly sob, staring into his eyes:

"Don't die... please... don't.. leave me..." I press his palm into my forehead. He's not moving. I don't want to face it. I can't accept it. He's not dead. He can't be. He's not dead.

I love him.

"-...this one hasn't expired yet" somebody's voice rings from above: "-a cop. Extensive military training. That's good. Prepare her for the Digital Waltz Project."

Two rough sets of hands grab me and drag me away from Chris body.

"No!" I cry: "NO!!!! CHRIS!!!! CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!" I kick and scream, as they drag me away from him. His dead empty eyes are still staring at me... they're.... he's gone...

"Please... leave me alone" I quietly sob, as someone violently draggs me over the cold floor of some sort of factory.

They shove me onto an operating table. Hard leather straps bite into my skin. The operating table shifts, bringing me onto a standing position.

There's so many computers here. So much machinery. Where am I? Where did they drag me?

"Lisa.... where's Lisa!" I quietly cry. No one is listening. So many scientists. People in lab coats. They keep talking. Talking about things I don't understand.

"-Prepare a clean Plume of Dusk. Confirmed. Network ready to receive. New orders from Black Box. Begin transfer when ready".

"Who are you.." I weakly call: "WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!!!"

"You... poor fool" one of the people finally turns away from his computers and looks at me:
"Did you ever think had a chance? We have been controlling the media networks for the past month. Your broadcast would never have aired.

You were doomed to fail from the start"

As I stare at him in horror, he casually pulls out his phone: "...you and your husband, will fade from the history of this world. No one will know what you did. Or what you tried to accomplish.

And everyone you dragged into your crusade, will pay the ultimate price... just like your best friend, Max"

He turned his phone toward me and showed me a picture.

Max's body, stabbed several dozen times in the stomach, laying in the middle of a dirty alley in Canterlot. Dirty, forgotten. Alone.
They found her. They murdered her!!!

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!" I cry in horror: ".....where's my daughter? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY DAUGHTER!!!
WHERE IS SHE!!! WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!!!
"

"Who knows?" the man carelessly shrugged: "A stupid child, 12 years of age, ran off in an unknown direction in Canterlot. Too young and stupid to understand what is happening.
In the cutthroat, crime ridden alleys of Canterlot, I guess she'll last about a week, before she dies in a ditch out of hunger"

"No... No!.... Lisa!! LISAAAA!" I scream, just as a massive machine starts working behind me.

"Plume of Dusk ready. Stand by for transfer." A synthetic voice rings above me.

Out of a metal panel, a fake, robot body, suddenly emerges and stands next to me, also strapped to a table.
Its joints are metal. Its face is a mask. A fake, empty body.

It looks just like me.

"Initiate transfer" The synthetic voice calls. A jolt of electricity enters my body and I scream. I scream in pain, the likes of which I never felt before.

My head feels like its about to explode. My whole body seizes. Every fiber of my body screams in agony, as something starts gnawing at my very essence of being.

I feel like I am about to die. I'm leaving my body. The light fades from my eyes and everything turns dark.

And then I immediately snap back into consciousness.
The pain is gone. The blood is gone. I... can't feel anything. Why can't I feel anything?

I look left and right and suddenly see my own body. Dirty, bloodied, lifeless, strapped to a table on my right.

I slowly look at the palms of my hands. They're robotic. Metal joints. Metal bones. I can see the circuits though my skin.

"...what... have you done to me..." I quietly say. My voice comes off. Synthetic. Like a machine. I'm scared. I'm so scared:
"What happened... to me... where is Lisa..." I slowly turn my head, looking at the scientists around me:
"Where is Lisa. Where is Lisa. Where is Lisa"

"For gods sake, someone shut her up already!" a man screams: "She's giving me a headache"

"Acknowledged" A synthetic voice rings: "Installing Neurochip"

"No... wait" I weakly call. My voice is disjointed. Like an automated voice machine. Why am I speaking like this!
Some sort of microchip is shoved in my head and lines of code start flashing before my eyes:

- STANDBY FOR ORDERS FROM BLACK BOX

No. Where's Lisa.
I want to scream but no voice comes out. The Neurochip forbids it.

Where's Lisa.

A pair of robotic cranes scoop up my metal body and drag me somewhere.

A deep, dark place with no windows. Very thick metal walls. Are we underground?

I hear screaming up ahead. I hear crying. Someone is crying. I don't want to go there.

A giant metal door opens. My eyes open wide.

A room full of robot husks. No. They're people. Humans in robot husks. Suspended from the ceiling. Connected to wires and cables, running out of their heads and spine.
Dozens. Hundreds. There's so many of them. The room is too big. I can't see its end.

The machine lifts me up, connecting cables into my back. It leaves me suspended from the ceiling, just like the others. They're crying. Quietly sobbing in agony.

My quiet sob slowly joints them. My daughter. Where is my daughter. Where is Lisa.

- PREPARE TO EXECUTE COMMAND. FILTER 124ZF#013fD

A line of code flashes before my eyes. I don't understand it. But I do something. Where is my daughter. Another code of text. I do something.
Where is my daughter.

My eyes close. There's no need for them here. There's nothing to see. A vast darkness envelops me and swallows me whole. I drown in it.

Lisa.

I love you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

205 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 14:06

Kaylee Brown wrote:"..Thanx Rain" Madelyn quietly said, releasing a small smile: "Thank you, everyone, for doing this for me. After so many years, this nightmare can finally end"

Lei thought for a moment, thinking: "From what I gathered, the gap between the last two memories was a little less than a year.
There's no way they can edit memories though. Its too complex, we would've noticed"

Thank goodness they never joined up with the P.L.A.S.M.A. Foundation then, or we'd all be in a hell of a lot more trouble, Rogue thought to himself.

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Please... leave me alone" I quietly sob, as someone violently draggs me over the cold floor of some sort of factory.

They shove me onto an operating table. Hard leather straps bite into my skin. The operating table shifts, bringing me onto a standing position.

There's so many computers here. So much machinery. Where am I? Where did they drag me?

"Lisa.... where's Lisa!" I quietly cry. No one is listening. So many scientists. People in lab coats. They keep talking. Talking about things I don't understand.

"-Prepare a clean Plume of Dusk. Confirmed. Network ready to receive. New orders from Black Box. Begin transfer when ready".

"Who are you.." I weakly call: "WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!!!"

"You... poor fool" one of the people finally turns away from his computers and looks at me:
"Did you ever think had a chance? We have been controlling the media networks for the past month. Your broadcast would never have aired.

You were doomed to fail from the start"

As I stare at him in horror, he casually pulls out his phone: "...you and your husband, will fade from the history of this world. No one will know what you did. Or what you tried to accomplish.

And everyone you dragged into your crusade, will pay the ultimate price... just like your best friend, Max"

He turned his phone toward me and showed me a picture.

Max's body, stabbed several dozen times in the stomach, laying in the middle of a dirty alley in Canterlot. Dirty, forgotten. Alone.
They found her. They murdered her!!!

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!" I cry in horror: ".....where's my daughter? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY DAUGHTER!!!
WHERE IS SHE!!! WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!!!
"

"Who knows?" the man carelessly shrugged: "A stupid child, 12 years of age, ran off in an unknown direction in Canterlot. Too young and stupid to understand what is happening.
In the cutthroat, crime ridden alleys of Canterlot, I guess she'll last about a week, before she dies in a ditch out of hunger"

"No... No!.... Lisa!! LISAAAA!" I scream, just as a massive machine starts working behind me.

"Plume of Dusk ready. Stand by for transfer." A synthetic voice rings above me.

Out of a metal panel, a fake, robot body, suddenly emerges and stands next to me, also strapped to a table.
Its joints are metal. Its face is a mask. A fake, empty body.

It looks just like me.

"Initiate transfer" The synthetic voice calls. A jolt of electricity enters my body and I scream. I scream in pain, the likes of which I never felt before.

My head feels like its about to explode. My whole body seizes. Every fiber of my body screams in agony, as something starts gnawing at my very essence of being.

I feel like I am about to die. I'm leaving my body. The light fades from my eyes and everything turns dark.

And then I immediately snap back into consciousness.
The pain is gone. The blood is gone. I... can't feel anything. Why can't I feel anything?

I look left and right and suddenly see my own body. Dirty, bloodied, lifeless, strapped to a table on my right.

I slowly look at the palms of my hands. They're robotic. Metal joints. Metal bones. I can see the circuits though my skin.

"...what... have you done to me..." I quietly say. My voice comes off. Synthetic. Like a machine. I'm scared. I'm so scared:
"What happened... to me... where is Lisa..." I slowly turn my head, looking at the scientists around me:
"Where is Lisa. Where is Lisa. Where is Lisa"

"For gods sake, someone shut her up already!" a man screams: "She's giving me a headache"

"Acknowledged" A synthetic voice rings: "Installing Neurochip"

"No... wait" I weakly call. My voice is disjointed. Like an automated voice machine. Why am I speaking like this!
Some sort of microchip is shoved in my head and lines of code start flashing before my eyes:

- STANDBY FOR ORDERS FROM BLACK BOX

No. Where's Lisa.
I want to scream but no voice comes out. The Neurochip forbids it.

Where's Lisa.

A pair of robotic cranes scoop up my metal body and drag me somewhere.

A deep, dark place with no windows. Very thick metal walls. Are we underground?

I hear screaming up ahead. I hear crying. Someone is crying. I don't want to go there.

A giant metal door opens. My eyes open wide.

A room full of robot husks. No. They're people. Humans in robot husks. Suspended from the ceiling. Connected to wires and cables, running out of their heads and spine.
Dozens. Hundreds. There's so many of them. The room is too big. I can't see its end.

The machine lifts me up, connecting cables into my back. It leaves me suspended from the ceiling, just like the others. They're crying. Quietly sobbing in agony.

My quiet sob slowly joints them. My daughter. Where is my daughter. Where is Lisa.

- PREPARE TO EXECUTE COMMAND. FILTER 124ZF#013fD

A line of code flashes before my eyes. I don't understand it. But I do something. Where is my daughter. Another code of text. I do something.
Where is my daughter.

My eyes close. There's no need for them here. There's nothing to see. A vast darkness envelops me and swallows me whole. I drown in it.

Lisa.

I love you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This's almost as bad as the Rainbow Factory, Rogue recalls to himself, before speaking up, "Do we have any idea of where Lisa might be? Canterlot might have records?"

View user profile

206 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 15:43

After the memory ended, Oboro got up. She looked haunted by the memories. But there was something else.

Defeat.

The feeling of defeat was already lingering a bit in her. But after the last shot, she felt completely hopeless. Without a word, she got up, walking out of that room. Find something, what she wasn't certain.

Angelo rubbed his chin in thought. "Lisa... Lisa... If she's alive, she would be 56 years old. Probably have adult kids. Hmmm... We need to have some check for her. But she could be anywhere."

Arnold frowned. "I've done nothing but making sure those streets would be clean. And they just say it's a slum, just because it's not up to them? They better prepare for the worst."

View user profile

207 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 16:50

Rain pulls off the headset, "how upsetting..." she says quitely as she rises to her feet, "It sounds like Canterlot might be a good destination to push into to hunt down her daughter..." she clears her throat, "...If this were nyx, I would hold a public execution for the digital waltz members." she looks to lei, "excluding you of course..." she nods, "what is even you job to them?" she crosses her arms.8

View user profile

208 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 19:30

(Naomi)
"Don't be so quick to execute people," Naomi growled under her teeth " Who knows how many are in the same boat as Lei. That being said, I'd love to bludgeon those that deserve it to death. I've already got a larger body count than I want. I at least want one of them to justified"

(Frost)
Frost is back on look out. Walking between the windows of the room. Rains bow, still enchanted, lays in its same spot.

View user profile

209 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 19:33

Rain_Runner wrote:Rain pulls off the headset, "how upsetting..." she says quitely as she rises to her feet, "It sounds like Canterlot might be a good destination to push into to hunt down her daughter..." she clears her throat, "...If this were nyx, I would hold a public execution for the digital waltz members." she looks to lei, "excluding you of course..." she nods, "what is even you job to them?" she crosses her arms.8

"If there's anything we can do to help a search, that'd be more than acceptable, but for now we should prioritise defeating the Digital Waltz, so we can find her once we've secured a safer world" Rogue nods "But a public execution might be a bit tricky, especially since many of the people working for them will only be doing so because they're being blackmailed, and we don't even know who any of them are..."

View user profile

210 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 22:37

Rain rolls her eyes, "yeah... Right..." she turns away and stands behind frost, gazing out the window her thumb and index on her chin as she glares outside, ears perked waiting for lei's answer.

View user profile

211 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 9 Dec - 23:53

(Frost)
Frost turns her head slightly, glancing back at Rain.

"You can have your bow back. Unless you're up for watching the worlds worst attempt at archery. If you're curious. The enchantment on it will electrify the arrows, the longer you hold the string back the stronger the effect will be."

View user profile

212 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 10 Dec - 4:08

She takes her bow and pulls the string backto see if frost had tampered with her string, "i just gave it to you as a just in case..." she grips the bow tight and tilts her head, "thank you for the free enchantment... I haven't been able to aford one as of late so i appreciate it... Especially one so useful..." she moves the bow over her shoulder and takes a place at the window.

View user profile

213 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 10 Dec - 5:05

(Frost)
The string remains untouched.

"No worries," Frost nods "I just hope it wasn't too presumptuous to do something like this. I know how close a person can get to their weapon."

View user profile

214 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 10 Dec - 7:37

"My bow is my baby..." she smiles at the compound bow, "Its pretty complex... Almost like a machine but with an aim and a mind its a helluva force." she chuckles, "its always nice to have a new addition to her..." she watches the window a few more seconds before looking away.

View user profile

215 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 10 Dec - 12:21

As soon as Oboro walked out, Tomas got up and walked out after her.
Catching up with her in the living room, he gently places a palm on her shoulder:

"Oboro, listen... there is a .. debt.. I owe to your boss.
I owe her, and I intend to repay it"

Tomas looks at Oboro with determination, a tiny spark burning behind his eyes:

"You deserve a world, without a Digital Waltz. I'll make it happen, I swear it" he released a small smile: "..just wait and see"

Still smiling slightly, he took a step back and returned to the memory room.

Madelyn was quietly sitting on her chair, hugging her knees. She was silent for a very long time. Her expression, unreadable.
When she finally spoke, her voice was really quiet, as she stared into space:

"...over 600,000 people are living in Canterlot.. finding records from 44 years ago.. its.. such a small hope" she closed her eyes tight and hid her face in her knees:

"N-No.. I mustn't think like that.. we'll find her... we'll definitely find her"

Lei was standing in the corner with a broken expression. She looks at everyone, as if she's about to cry:
"You must understand... they threatened to kill me. I had no choice!.. if I refused to cooperate, they would've just killed me and found someone else."
She looked down, ashamed:
"I... was forced to design new Anti-Terrorist Suppression models for them. The Spider Tank was my design. Some others too, models the public isn't even aware of.
They weren't meant to be seen in the light of day"

"Like the Serpent we saw at the lake?" Mira quietly asked.

"They deployed it against you?! Are you serious?!" Lei asked in horror: "That... model is made for naval warfare! It's designed to sink battleships,
not.. hunt individual people... are they that desperate to kill you?"

"They're desperate? Good" Tomas grimly replied: "Means we're on the right track"
He took a seat and leaned forward:

"Lets re-assess the situation. What do we know about the enemy?"

"We know the Opera Seven are in Adelheid" Madelyn quietly said: "We know the city is in lock down, so they can't leave.
My memories didn't reveal their identities, but it revealed something else. Something equally important" She looked at Tom: "You noticed it too.. didn't you"

"Yes" Tom grimly nodded: "Coordinates to the Opera House"

"The Opera House?" Mira asked.

Madelyn nodded: "They had me hooked up to the Digital Waltz network for 44 years. Those memories are now back, I know about its design.
The network is comprised of dozens of sealed bunkers. Each bunker houses hundreds of patients. All of the bunkers are located deep in the Labyrinth. You saw me being sealed in one of them.

Now, all patients receive individual commands and carry them out. But all commands originate from the same place: The Opera House.

It is the main bunker. The heart of the Digital Waltz.

All commands originate from there and disperse throughout the network. So if we seize the Opera House-"

"We cut off the head of the snake" Mira quietly said: "No more orders. No more news fabrication. No more blackmail.
The Digital Waltz can't function, if no orders are given"

"But we can't just attack the Opera House" Tomas said, shaking his head.

"Why the hell not? We can end this right now!" Mira said, clenching her fists.

Tomas grimly sighed: "The population of this entire city, can be effectively turned into hostages, or combat agents, by the Digital Waltz.
They rely on blackmail. There's no ethical line they won't cross.

What will happen if we move on the Opera House and find a hundred civilains blocking our way? Each one of them blackmailed to kill us?

Do we fight them? Do we go through them? Do we endanger their lives?

No. I cannot accept this.

We were already attacked by blackmailed police officers this morning and they ended up in the hospital. Unknowingly, we almost killed them. Why? Because someone threatened their child.
I'm not going through that again!

We cannot move against the Opera House, while the Digital Waltz can utilize blackmail"

"...how the hell do we stop their use of blackmail" Mira asked.

"Uuuhh... guys?.." The Spiders panicked voice rang in your earpice:
"I'm picking up a lot of chatter, on the Union Airforce network.
They're really freaked out. A pair of heavy class bombers just made an unsanctioned take off, from the Adelheids military airport. Unmanned drones. Remote controlled.
But the Airforce isn't controlling them and the drones are not responding to commands!

They've lost control of the drones and they don't understand where they're headed!
"

"Can you identify their trajectory?" Tomas called, grabbing his earpiece.

"Roger" The Spider quickly replied: "If they stay their present course.. the bombers will pass over our current location, exactly 2 minutes and 35 seconds from now"

216 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 10 Dec - 16:06

"We have our objective we just need to make a plan. For right now lets just stay alive, i have an idea on what to do but I'm not entirely sure it'll work... But we can try."

View user profile

217 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 10 Dec - 19:39

Kaylee Brown wrote:As soon as Oboro walked out, Tomas got up and walked out after her.
Catching up with her in the living room, he gently places a palm on her shoulder:

"Oboro, listen... there is a .. debt.. I owe to your boss.
I owe her, and I intend to repay it"

Tomas looks at Oboro with determination, a tiny spark burning behind his eyes:

"You deserve a world, without a Digital Waltz. I'll make it happen, I swear it" he released a small smile: "..just wait and see"

Still smiling slightly, he took a step back and returned to the memory room.

Madelyn was quietly sitting on her chair, hugging her knees. She was silent for a very long time. Her expression, unreadable.
When she finally spoke, her voice was really quiet, as she stared into space:

"...over 600,000 people are living in Canterlot.. finding records from 44 years ago.. its.. such a small hope" she closed her eyes tight and hid her face in her knees:

"N-No.. I mustn't think like that.. we'll find her... we'll definitely find her"

Lei was standing in the corner with a broken expression. She looks at everyone, as if she's about to cry:
"You must understand... they threatened to kill me. I had no choice!.. if I refused to cooperate, they would've just killed me and found someone else."
She looked down, ashamed:
"I... was forced to design new Anti-Terrorist Suppression models for them. The Spider Tank was my design. Some others too, models the public isn't even aware of.
They weren't meant to be seen in the light of day"

"Like the Serpent we saw at the lake?" Mira quietly asked.

"They deployed it against you?! Are you serious?!" Lei asked in horror: "That... model is made for naval warfare! It's designed to sink battleships,
not.. hunt individual people... are they that desperate to kill you?"

"They're desperate? Good" Tomas grimly replied: "Means we're on the right track"
He took a seat and leaned forward:

"Lets re-assess the situation. What do we know about the enemy?"

"We know the Opera Seven are in Adelheid" Madelyn quietly said: "We know the city is in lock down, so they can't leave.
My memories didn't reveal their identities, but it revealed something else. Something equally important" She looked at Tom: "You noticed it too.. didn't you"

"Yes" Tom grimly nodded: "Coordinates to the Opera House"

"The Opera House?" Mira asked.

Madelyn nodded: "They had me hooked up to the Digital Waltz network for 44 years. Those memories are now back, I know about its design.
The network is comprised of dozens of sealed bunkers. Each bunker houses hundreds of patients. All of the bunkers are located deep in the Labyrinth. You saw me being sealed in one of them.

Now, all patients receive individual commands and carry them out. But all commands originate from the same place: The Opera House.

It is the main bunker. The heart of the Digital Waltz.

All commands originate from there and disperse throughout the network. So if we seize the Opera House-"

"We cut off the head of the snake" Mira quietly said: "No more orders. No more news fabrication. No more blackmail.
The Digital Waltz can't function, if no orders are given"

"But we can't just attack the Opera House" Tomas said, shaking his head.

"Why the hell not? We can end this right now!" Mira said, clenching her fists.

Tomas grimly sighed: "The population of this entire city, can be effectively turned into hostages, or combat agents, by the Digital Waltz.
They rely on blackmail. There's no ethical line they won't cross.

What will happen if we move on the Opera House and find a hundred civilains blocking our way? Each one of them blackmailed to kill us?

Do we fight them? Do we go through them? Do we endanger their lives?

No. I cannot accept this.

We were already attacked by blackmailed police officers this morning and they ended up in the hospital. Unknowingly, we almost killed them. Why? Because someone threatened their child.
I'm not going through that again!

We cannot move against the Opera House, while the Digital Waltz can utilize blackmail"

"...how the hell do we stop their use of blackmail" Mira asked.

"Uuuhh... guys?.." The Spiders panicked voice rang in your earpice:
"I'm picking up a lot of chatter, on the Union Airforce network.
They're really freaked out. A pair of heavy class bombers just made an unsanctioned take off, from the Adelheids military airport. Unmanned drones. Remote controlled.
But the Airforce isn't controlling them and the drones are not responding to commands!

They've lost control of the drones and they don't understand where they're headed!
"

"Can you identify their trajectory?" Tomas called, grabbing his earpiece.

"Roger" The Spider quickly replied: "If they stay their present course.. the bombers will pass over our current location, exactly 2 minutes and 35 seconds from now"

"Could we overwhelm them with more information than they can deal with, create multiple unrelated disturbances across the city that throw off their concentration and confuse them?" Rogue asks the group, before switching to his earpiece, "What kind of payload're the bombers carrying?" he asks Cookie.

View user profile

218 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 10 Dec - 20:19

(Naomi)
"They're probably smart enough to figure out which is real and which is fake. Against them, I think we're better off become ghosts" Naomi offers, then stans up from her seat.

(Frost)
"I wonder how those bombers would do flying through an electrical storm" Frost cracks her neck and a small jolt of electricity runs along her body "So, Are we running or should are we fighting back?"

View user profile

219 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 11 Dec - 0:07

"I think its better that we leave... Now..." Rain says bluntly making her way to the door, "I think its a better idea that we DONT find out what load they are carrying... I dont think it matters... What DOES matter is not dying with this information... Now lets bolt."

View user profile

220 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 11 Dec - 19:21

"The aircraft are traveling at altitude of 7000 feet, at speeds just below mach one" The Spider wearily called:
"I'm not sure about their payload, but judging by their current flight plan, if the aircraft become disabled by an electric storm, or otherwise rendered unable to function, they will likely crash into a highly densely populated area, resulting in catastrophic civilian casualties.

With that in mind, I cannot recommend attacking them at this time
"

"RUN! EVERYONE! OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW!!!" Tomas shouted, rushing everyone out of the room.

A mad dash across the penthouse and through the front door, sent an adrenaline spike through your head. The vision became a bit hazy, as your heart loudly pounded in your chest.

It was pitch dark outside. Traveling in a large group, you could only see vague silhouettes of the people around you. Madelyn, Mira, Dr. Zarovee and Lei. The Spider storming off, attempting a dash in the same direction.

Sprinting across an empty road, Madelyn raised her hand and signaled towards the nearest underground station entrance.

"15 SECONDS!" Mira shouted: "HIT THE DECK!!!" she threw herself on the ground, where she stood.

Somewhere above, you could already hear the distant roar of jet engines.

221 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 11 Dec - 20:38

Arnold gets up, hobbling out as fast as his pierced leg allows him. He's struggling, but moving forward.

Angelo gets up fast enough, reaching the door in no time. "Go, go, go! Charge forward!"

Despite his wounds, Arnold did come along. "Aha! Made it!"

Inside, however, Oboro was still standing there, having given up on hope on anything.
"I guess it was all for naught. No way the evidence could be used. Even if we shut them up, there's no way we can prove this. Sorry, boss..." A tear falls down her cheek. "I guess I'll meet my family far earlier than we planned. It's okay, even if they behave the same, I see... Artemis does have some good people."

With that, she sat down, waiting for the end.

View user profile

222 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 11 Dec - 21:07

(Naomi)
Tearing off a car door, Naomi took a crouching position by Mira. Using the door and her own body to shield the former reporter.

(Frost)
"Wait!" Frost turned back to where the mansion was "We're missing someone!"

She couldn't find herself able to react, even dive for cover. She watched as the inevitable was about to happen.

View user profile

223 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 11 Dec - 21:11

Jumping onto the ground, Madelyn wearily looked around, making a head count. It was extremely dark, the faces hard to make out. It takes her several seconds before she grows pale:

"Where's Tomas?.. Where the hell is Tomas!"

"Oboro's missing too" Mira whispered in horror.

"God damn it!" Madelyn rose up, only to be immediately pinned to the ground by Lei: "STAY DOWN! YOUR MEMORY IS THE ONLY PIECE OF EVIDENCE WE HAVE!"

Back in the penthouse, the roar of the bombers above became deafening. They started to dive. The roar of their engines became almost menacing, as they approached the area.

A brief moment passed, before one of the windows shattered and Tomas flew in, crashing into the living room:

"OBORO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?!" He barked at the top of his lungs. Their eyes briefly met and he understood what was happening.

In a few leaps, he closed distance between them. Anticipating protest and struggle, Tomas planted his metal fist into Oboro's head, knocking her out almost instantly.
As she began to fall down, he caught her and placed her over his shoulders, before struggling back on his feet:

"...god damn it Oboro.. I told you I have a debt to repay.." he grunted under his breath, sprinting towards the open door, as fast as his legs carried him. Oboro heavily pressing onto his shoulders:

"..if you die, I'm dying with you.."

He reached for his earpiece, sprinting away from the penthouse, just as the bomber silhouettes appeared in the sky:

"THIS IS HUNCHBACK!" He barked into the radio: "OPERA HOUSE COORDINATES TRANSMITTED! IF I DIE, INITIATE PHASE TWO WITHOUT ME-"

He didn't finish his sentence. A pair of dark silhouettes flashed across the sky, so fast, their shapes barely registered. Only as a bright flash of light, obscured your vision, you realized what you saw, a pair of massive bombs, that flew directly into the house.

A massive explosion rocked the sky, leveling the house and hiding it, behind a flash of bright light.

Tomas and Oboro fell, their bodies vanished from view, as a massive wave of smoke and ash, washed over the area.

The racket was deafening. Small pieces of debris flew in every direction. The front half of a car flew overhead and loudly smashed into the building in front of you.

When the fires began to die down, you could see Tomas and Oboro, lying motionless on the ground. They were a lot closer to the explosion than anyone else. Their bodies covered in a thick layer of ash.

"Oh my god.. NO!" Madelyn screamed out. Her voice barely heard over the ringing in your ears, as she began stumbling forward, over the blasted ground.

224 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 11 Dec - 21:49

Rain slams down covering her ears. She is pelted by rock and debree her ears ring for a few seconds before she sits up.

"Jesus christ..." Rain coughs as she pulls herself up, "Fucking bombs... Seriously! How is this not suspicious anymore!" she calls, "how BLATANTLY dumb do these people have to be to not see whats going on here! Giant attacking spiders, a navel warfare weapon and Bombing their own city... They are getting so desperate they are making it obvious at this point..." she calls over the slight ringing in her ears, "OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!" she growls getting up and walking over to tomas and oboro. She uses both hands to check for a pulse on each body.

View user profile

225 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 11 Dec - 21:55

Arnold get over to Oboro. "No... Please, no... Open your eyes, friend, you can't die here. Don't give up now, we're so close to the end. Please, open your eyes..." As he arrived, he cradles the body.

Angelo laid low, using telekinesis to slowly drag Tomas's body over. "What the hell were they thinking?"

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum