The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 25]

301 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 29 Dec - 21:47

(Twilight)

"Should be any minute now" Clopin said, looking down at his phone. Several moments pass and the phone abruptly lost all connection, just as a series of muffled explosions echoed from behind the walls.

"Now for the radios" Clopin said aloud, putting his phone away.

"This is Wrecker" a vaguely familiar voice suddenly echoed out of the radio: "Looks pretty grim down there. The Jammer is prepped and ready for activation"

He briefly paused, before continuing:
"Sounds like there's some familiar faces down there. Would want to catch up, but we gotta bring down the curtain on this digital control business.
I'm bringing the radios down.

Good luck down there. And don't fuckin' die on me, ya hear?
"

His radio switched off. Several moments passed and then a steady stream of static began to echo from everyone's earpiece.

"Its done" Clopin said, jumping off the table and looked at everyone: "All communications in the Adelheid region are now effectively disabled.
We can leave the room now. There's just.. one slight complication. Or rather, a possibility of one"

"What do you mean?" Kaylee asked.

"Clopin scratched the back of his head and sighed: "There's a strong chance that a group of contract killers are sitting outside our door.
They may or may not have received instructions from the Digital Waltz to assassinate us, as soon as we set foot outside.

Even with the communications down, they may still be working on instructions to kill everyone inside this room, as soon as we open the door"

"Are we sure they're out there?" Kaylee asked, worried.

"No" Clopin shook his head: "In fact, there may be just regular cops sitting outside, looking for opportunities to save you lot, from the mean old me"

"Okay. So. What are our options" Kaylee asked, thinking.

"Ideally, we need to find a way to get through them, without actually killing anyone" Clopin said sighing.

"Well, I do have a flash bulb in my eye.." Kaylee said: "Don't know if that will be enough though.." she looked at you:
"What do you think? There's gotta be an elegant way to bypass everyone who's camping outside"

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

302 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 29 Dec - 23:20

"I like to hope for the best but plan for the worst" Rogue replies to Angelo "I know it might not be possible, but if we don't at least try, then it will never be possible, so let's go, and make it possible."

View user profile

303 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 30 Dec - 6:59

(Frost)
"It is a joke," Frost said during the several minutes of starring "This entire thing we're all on. Blackmail your allies before your enemies do. The secret group fighting the even more, secret group. Marek's own offspring showing up. It's all steeping in irony."

Frost's face faded to something more neutral "But, you think I don't care about Serena do you? That I'm laughing at a friends death. The thing is, I can't afford to be sad right now. So please, let me deal with this the way I know how so everyone doesn't have mopey the mage as an ally"

(Naomi)
Naomi just waits for everyone to finish.

View user profile

304 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sat 30 Dec - 8:11

Rain leans against the open door waiting for them to leave...

"Anytime now... let's just wait for the waltz to send letters while we're at it..."

View user profile

305 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 17:03

//Soundtrack

(Everyone)

As you step back into the fresh air, a heavy sight slowly opens before you.
The city was in a state of confusion and fear. Many people just stood frozen on the streets, watching the clouds of dark smoke, as it slowly rose into the sky, across the city.

The debris of the communication stations still burned. Its fires could be vividly seen, contrasted sharply against the night sky.

As you made your way towards the written coordinates, the blaring of sirens and panicked screams, could be heard all around you. Ambulances, police and fire department vehicles were darting across the streets, back and forth.

Union armored vehicles were occasionally spotted, the soldiers taking part in medical operations across the city.

The general air of the city was vivid: fear and confusion.
No one knew what was happening. No one, except a small group of people who merged with the shadows and followed the paths less traveled, on their way to the nearest Labyrinth entrance.

Long minutes pass in silence, as you travel on foot. The roads were simply too packed with emergency vehicles. Too many traffic jams had appeared.

It was the dead of night, when Emerald finally signaled towards a very old construction site. Some sort of structure was planned to be set here, but only the foundation was built and the whole project was seemingly frozen, over a decade ago.

Moving a large metal plate, seemingly without effort, Emerald revealed a long underground tunnel. There was no light inside. A very thick, almost unnatural darkness had settled in every inch of the tunnel.
It may have been an underground railway, at some point. Perhaps planned to lead into the Labyrinth, but there were no rail tracks and its exact purpose was hard to guess.

Emerald and Madelyn take a moment to stop, just on the edge of the darkness. They exchange looks. Without saying anything, they understand each other. The entrance to the Labyrinth held a lot of heavy memories for them.
At some point, they were forcefully dragged in here. Removed from their bodies and tortured, for decades.

Now, they were supposed to step inside willingly.

They took the first step together, then briefly looked at everyone around them. You have a strong feeling they wouldn't have the courage or strength to press on, without you by their side.
Too many bad memories, too many horrible feelings associated with this place.

The tunnel dragged onward, at a slight downward angle. You feel you were walking for miles, as the perception of time started to skew. The darkness covered everything in a very thick veil, refusing to reveal anything, even as Emerald shone a strong flashlight into the tunnel.

Here and there, you saw old signs of life. Somebodies old shoe. Frantic scratch marks on the wall. Broken sunglasses. The silence began to grow and envelop you, as you walked further and further ahead.

You must have descended a few good kilometers under the city, when Emerald stopped in front of a set of massive, steel doors.

It looked like a giant cargo elevator. Seemingly rusted and unused for decades, but the fresh scratch marks on the ground and lack of dust there, told otherwise.

"...this is it..." Madelyn quietly said: "...I remember being dragged through here... this elevator leads to the Opera House."

"We are in hostile territory now" Emerald said: "We backed the Waltz into a corner. This is their last stand. Expect horror and pain from here on. The Waltz thrives on psychological warfare.."

As you examine the massive elevator doors, you spot a tiny camera and a speaker in the corner, just under the ceiling.
The camera moved slightly, in unison with you.

Someone is watching.

306 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 18:31

Kaylee Brown wrote:
//Soundtrack

(Everyone)

As you step back into the fresh air, a heavy sight slowly opens before you.
The city was in a state of confusion and fear. Many people just stood frozen on the streets, watching the clouds of dark smoke, as it slowly rose into the sky, across the city.

The debris of the communication stations still burned. Its fires could be vividly seen, contrasted sharply against the night sky.

As you made your way towards the written coordinates, the blaring of sirens and panicked screams, could be heard all around you. Ambulances, police and fire department vehicles were darting across the streets, back and forth.

Union armored vehicles were occasionally spotted, the soldiers taking part in medical operations across the city.

The general air of the city was vivid: fear and confusion.
No one knew what was happening. No one, except a small group of people who merged with the shadows and followed the paths less traveled, on their way to the nearest Labyrinth entrance.

Long minutes pass in silence, as you travel on foot. The roads were simply too packed with emergency vehicles. Too many traffic jams had appeared.

It was the dead of night, when Emerald finally signaled towards a very old construction site. Some sort of structure was planned to be set here, but only the foundation was built and the whole project was seemingly frozen, over a decade ago.

Moving a large metal plate, seemingly without effort, Emerald revealed a long underground tunnel. There was no light inside. A very thick, almost unnatural darkness had settled in every inch of the tunnel.
It may have been an underground railway, at some point. Perhaps planned to lead into the Labyrinth, but there were no rail tracks and its exact purpose was hard to guess.

Emerald and Madelyn take a moment to stop, just on the edge of the darkness. They exchange looks. Without saying anything, they understand each other. The entrance to the Labyrinth held a lot of heavy memories for them.
At some point, they were forcefully dragged in here. Removed from their bodies and tortured, for decades.

Now, they were supposed to step inside willingly.

They took the first step together, then briefly looked at everyone around them. You have a strong feeling they wouldn't have the courage or strength to press on, without you by their side.
Too many bad memories, too many horrible feelings associated with this place.

The tunnel dragged onward, at a slight downward angle. You feel you were walking for miles, as the perception of time started to skew. The darkness covered everything in a very thick veil, refusing to reveal anything, even as Emerald shone a strong flashlight into the tunnel.

Here and there, you saw old signs of life. Somebodies old shoe. Frantic scratch marks on the wall. Broken sunglasses. The silence began to grow and envelop you, as you walked further and further ahead.

You must have descended a few good kilometers under the city, when Emerald stopped in front of a set of massive, steel doors.

It looked like a giant cargo elevator. Seemingly rusted and unused for decades, but the fresh scratch marks on the ground and lack of dust there, told otherwise.

"...this is it..." Madelyn quietly said: "...I remember being dragged through here... this elevator leads to the Opera House."

"We are in hostile territory now" Emerald said: "We backed the Waltz into a corner. This is their last stand. Expect horror and pain from here on. The Waltz thrives on psychological warfare.."

As you examine the massive elevator doors, you spot a tiny camera and a speaker in the corner, just under the ceiling.
The camera moved slightly, in unison with you.

Someone is watching.

"Are the Opera Seven likely to be down there operating that camera, or are they just going to be lounging around on sofas in their pajamas at home watching tv?" Rogue asks as he pulls the forcefield armour up around himself again.

View user profile

307 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 18:44

(Burners Theme)

From the darkness behind you there is gentle flicker of light.

Shadows dance around a lighter flame but you can't quite make out their face as it's shrouded in darkness, "I FOUND YOU!" A loud exited young voice says skipping ahead with joy.

She is a short girl looks to be 17 or 19, her face is hidden behind a black gas mask, her neck, And any other skin you can see of her looks to be an orangeish brown and covered in soot. Her curly pink mane looking semi well kept apart from the ends which look like they have been on fire before.

As she stands in front of you, you can't help but notice that her arms are completely black as she moves them into brighter light you can see that they are in fact cybernetics. You see flat scrap metal spikes haphazardly welded onto her forearms rusty and sharp. You see one finger has a weird shape. It looks slit like a small blowtorch with valves and hoses running into it. She has a back pack on her back and you can see some large objects on it. It's obvious she has many tricks up her... mechanical arns.

"Hullo! I'm Burner!" She says a little to cheerfully.

Rain sighs, "Oh great... She found us..." She crosses her arms, "Burner is an arsonest... and an anarchist..."

"OH OH! AND I recently have a few cases of manslaughter though that is upsetting as I prefer my target buildings to be empty... only when it was on fire did I realize I was burning a nice duplex" she huffs, "ANYWHO! THE WALTZ IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!" She yells in a sudden rage, "I can't walk a single ally way without being watched by some creep!" She buffs and puffs, "That's why burner here is going to help you!"

View user profile

308 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 19:06

Rain_Runner wrote:

(Burners Theme)

From the darkness behind you there is gentle flicker of light.

Shadows dance around a lighter flame but you can't quite make out their face as it's shrouded in darkness, "I FOUND YOU!" A loud exited young voice says skipping ahead with joy.

She is a short girl looks to be 17 or 19, her face is hidden behind a black gas mask, her neck, And any other skin you can see of her looks to be an orangeish brown and covered in soot. Her curly pink mane looking semi well kept apart from the ends which look like they have been on fire before.

As she stands in front of you, you can't help but notice that her arms are completely black as she moves them into brighter light you can see that they are in fact cybernetics. You see flat scrap metal spikes haphazardly welded onto her forearms rusty and sharp. You see one finger has a weird shape. It looks slit like a small blowtorch with valves and hoses running into it. She has a back pack on her back and you can see some large objects on it. It's obvious she has many tricks up her... mechanical arns.

"Hullo! I'm Burner!" She says a little to cheerfully.

Rain sighs, "Oh great... She found us..." She crosses her arms, "Burner is an arsonest... and an anarchist..."

"OH OH! AND I recently have a few cases of manslaughter though that is upsetting as I prefer my target buildings to be empty... only when it was on fire did I realize I was burning a nice duplex" she huffs, "ANYWHO! THE WALTZ IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!" She yells in a sudden rage, "I can't walk a single ally way without being watched by some creep!" She buffs and puffs, "That's why burner here is going to help you!"

Rogue instictively charges up a magic laser beam and aims it at the newcomer as they appear, but powers the spell down when it seems Rain recognises them.

"Hey, i'm Shaggy, and I agree that manslaughter charges're upsetting" he nods to Burner, before pointing to the others; "These're Fred" Arnold, "Velma" Madelyn, "Daphne" Emerald, "Scooby Doo" Cookie, "Flim Flam" Angelo, "Luna" Naomi, "Dusk" Frost, and "Old Man Smithers" Rain. He then turns to Rain "How much does she know about what's been going on?"

Last edited by Rogue Fire on Sun 31 Dec - 19:42; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

309 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 19:30

Rain shrugs, "she's an anarchist so I have no idea how much she knows. She could have been following us this entire time I don't know." She shrugs, "...and thanks for making me old man smithers I really appreciate the sentiment and the comparison with a grumpy old man." She huffs.

Burner bounces a bit clapping her metal palms together, "I've been trying to bring down the digital waltz for a loooonnngggg time now! I've heard about your venture and had been looking for you guys! When I seen you entering the LAB I couldn't help but be extremely curious!" She looks around before a loud gasp escapes her, "ARE WE RAIDING THE OPERAHOUSE! OHMYGOSH I've seen this place before I always wondered how dramatic the stage would look covered in a gas fire! Ooohhhh what a perfect scene!"

View user profile

310 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 19:50

Rain_Runner wrote:Rain shrugs, "she's an anarchist so I have no idea how much she knows. She could have been following us this entire time I don't know." She shrugs, "...and thanks for making me old man smithers I really appreciate the sentiment and the comparison with a grumpy old man." She huffs.

Burner bounces a bit clapping her metal palms together, "I've been trying to bring down the digital waltz for a loooonnngggg time now! I've heard about your venture and had been looking for you guys! When I seen you entering the LAB I couldn't help but be extremely curious!" She looks around before a loud gasp escapes her, "ARE WE RAIDING THE OPERAHOUSE! OHMYGOSH I've seen this place before I always wondered how dramatic the stage would look covered in a gas fire! Ooohhhh what a perfect scene!"

"I don't think it's an actual opera house, they just call it that" Rogue says to Burner "And before you go all trigger-happy on us, there might be a chance to save the people hung in there, so if there's any sort of signal you're okay with waiting for, now's the time to be sharing it".

View user profile

311 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 20:48

(Frost)
"Oh ho! Now we've got fire and ice!" Frost beams widely at Burner and extends her hand for a shake

(Naomi)
"Great...more crazy." Naomi's deadpan sarcasm cuts the air and she does not look happy at all at the arrival of Burner "I am sooo excited to have you with us! Now I'm going to get to add burning flesh to things I didn't want to see or smell. Goody!"

View user profile

312 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Sun 31 Dec - 20:55

"Well most of my arsonal consists of sharp things and fire! I can't guarantee permanent scaring and or death that may occur if we get attacked!" She bounces a bit In exitement, with the blink of an eye she's suddenly in front of maddie. The rumba gazing into the lenses of her gas mask you see one glowing white iris on her right and darkness in the left, "And I know your a cop missy! I got specific things to deal with robutt cops like you!" Maddie would see the faint white glow look her up and down before a metal finger gently pokes her nose, "boop."

She prances up to frost and gives her a hearty hand shake, your hand feels a tad oily afterwords, "GLAD TO MEET CHA Frosty friend!"

Her head turns to the cynical mare, "burning flesh isn't THAT bad... it's just a little nauseating the first time you smell it." She huffs, "I can already tell your going to be a blast to hang around." Burner mimics her cynical tone.

View user profile

313 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 1 Jan - 0:34

// HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

santa santa santa rendeer rendeer
sunny cheers flower jocolor

314 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 1 Jan - 5:17

Woah it's 10:17

I am... sorta wasted

View user profile

315 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 1 Jan - 14:35

//Happy New Year!!!

View user profile

316 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 10:58

(Everyone)

Rogue Fire wrote:
"Are the Opera Seven likely to be down there operating that camera, or are they just going to be lounging around on sofas in their pajamas at home watching tv?" Rogue asks as he pulls the forcefield armour up around himself again.

"The million dollar question" Emerald said in thought, watching the elevator: "The Opera Seven always shied away from dirty work.
Never risking their own lives. Never bloodying their hands. They always had people for that.
Contract killers, mercenaries, payed off or blackmailed officials.

They always utilized someone to do their dirty work, while they sat in the comfort of their office"

Emerald grinned: "That's why.. I'm dying to find out.. when their backs are finally against the wall,
will they have the balls to face us directly, making a final stand at the Opera House,
or will they leave everything to their automated systems, while they scurry and crawl into the deepest hole they can find, shivering in fear and hoping we won't discover their faces"

Burner wrote:
"OH OH! AND I recently have a few cases of manslaughter though that is upsetting as I prefer my target buildings to be empty... only when it was on fire did I realize I was burning a nice duplex" she huffs

"...are.. are you.. you're joking right?" Madelyn wearily asked, looking at Burner and seeming very uneasy.

Burner wrote:gazing into the lenses of her gas mask you see
one glowing white iris on her right and darkness in the left, "And I know your a cop missy!
I got specific things to deal with robutt cops like you!" Maddie would see the faint white glow look her up and down before a metal finger gently pokes her nose, "boop."

Madelyn closed on eye, as she was gently poked on the nose.
As Burner pranced away, Madelyn was left standing in place, looking confused. It seems she doesn't know what to make of Burner yet.

Examining the massive elevator doors, you spot a single button on the wall next to it.
It looked very old. Worn, and all the paint had faded.

You see scratch marks on the floor, leading inside. The scene looked eerie, as if someone tried to claw at the floor, as he was dragged in.

The tunnel remained thickly obscured by the darkness. Not a single source of light, except Emeralds flashlight.
As she waved it around, you began to notice some sort of ventilation ducts, built just under the ceiling.
They were extremely narrow, too small for any person to squeeze through. A set of metal bars shielded them from the outside.

In this moment of silence, a brief, distant metalic screech, suddenly echoed from somewhere. A low, distant, snapping of metal, accompanied by a blood chilling shriek.
It sounded threatening, eerie. You've never heard something make that sound before.
Its echo quickly spread across the tunnel, making it next to impossible to understand its direction.

It slowly faded and the deafening silence returned.

317 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 14:04

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

Rogue Fire wrote:

"The million dollar question" Emerald said in thought, watching the elevator: "The Opera Seven always shied away from dirty work.
Never risking their own lives. Never bloodying their hands. They always had people for that.
Contract killers, mercenaries, payed off or blackmailed officials.

They always utilized someone to do their dirty work, while they sat in the comfort of their office"

Emerald grinned: "That's why.. I'm dying to find out.. when their backs are finally against the wall,
will they have the balls to face us directly, making a final stand at the Opera House,
or will they leave everything to their automated systems, while they scurry and crawl into the deepest hole they can find, shivering in fear and hoping we won't discover their faces"

Burner wrote:
"OH OH! AND I recently have a few cases of manslaughter though that is upsetting as I prefer my target buildings to be empty... only when it was on fire did I realize I was burning a nice duplex" she huffs

"...are.. are you.. you're joking right?" Madelyn wearily asked, looking at Burner and seeming very uneasy.

Burner wrote:gazing into the lenses of her gas mask you see
one glowing white iris on her right and darkness in the left, "And I know your a cop missy!
I got specific things to deal with robutt cops like you!" Maddie would see the faint white glow look her up and down before a metal finger gently pokes her nose, "boop."

Madelyn closed on eye, as she was gently poked on the nose.
As Burner pranced away, Madelyn was left standing in place, looking confused. It seems she doesn't know what to make of Burner yet.

Examining the massive elevator doors, you spot a single button on the wall next to it.
It looked very old. Worn, and all the paint had faded.

You see scratch marks on the floor, leading inside. The scene looked eerie, as if someone tried to claw at the floor, as he was dragged in.

The tunnel remained thickly obscured by the darkness. Not a single source of light, except Emeralds flashlight.
As she waved it around, you began to notice some sort of ventilation ducts, built just under the ceiling.
They were extremely narrow, too small for any person to squeeze through. A set of metal bars shielded them from the outside.

In this moment of silence, a brief, distant metalic screech, suddenly echoed from somewhere. A low, distant, snapping of metal, accompanied by a blood chilling shriek.
It sounded threatening, eerie. You've never heard something make that sound before.
Its echo quickly spread across the tunnel, making it next to impossible to understand its direction.

It slowly faded and the deafening silence returned.

"D'you think these lead down to the Opera House?" Rogue asks as he levitates up to the ventilation duct and shines an illumination spell between the bars to spy beyond "They look too narrow for any of us to crawl through, but a small drone, cable camera, or one of us with a miniaturisation spell could go down and scope out the area before we head in, give us an idea of what we'll be facing, identify any potential traps and such?"

"And what's the plan from here? Do we all go down together all at once, but leave ourselves without any cavalry to back us up or cover our retreat if things get ugly? Or do we split into two teams and leave one team either up here or at the base exit to watch our flank and potentially monitor said drone spy, and send the other team on ahead, but leave that team undermanned?"

View user profile

318 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 15:00

The masked mare snorts as she laughs listening to the group talk about the opera 7 "I have no idea what any of you are talking about"

Her ears seem to perk up at emeralds voice, "Hay i know you! Your that dancer chick with the holograms! That gal who's down with the mafia or something you better warn those guys to take it down a notch because I'm getting big buck deals to burn that bar down with everyone in it... and as that list grows the more tempting it get" she says deathly serious.

Her ears perk even more as maddie asks if she was serious about her manslaughter charges, her mood/mental illness perks up again, "I wish I was!" She snorts, "Everybody makes mistakes!" She shrugs her metal shoulders accidently poking herself with one of her spikes, "owie..."

The anarchist gasps when she hears the screeching, "It's probably a good idea that we leave before we get made into robot friend food!"

Rain faceplams and sighs, but her ears perk and she readys herself in case of an attack.

View user profile

319 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 18:33

(Twilight)

"Hmmm... I may have an idea, even for the innocent people. There's a sleep spell in my aresenal, I could focus that on the area there. If they're innocent, we let them go. If they're paid assassins, we can take proper care of them."

She cracks her knuckles. "Let's do this, the long I stay here, the more I feel the group will destroy itself."

(Angelo, Arnold)

"I... See..." Arnold replied to the introduction of Burner. He then mutters under his breath. "Great, another destructive looney that needs imprisonment. After this ordeal."

Angelo ignored the loud newcomer, looking up. "Rogue, remember there's a second group coming this way. A group we currently can't communicate with. So when you plan this, keep them in mind."

View user profile

320 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 19:12

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:(Twilight)

"Hmmm... I may have an idea, even for the innocent people. There's a sleep spell in my aresenal, I could focus that on the area there. If they're innocent, we let them go. If they're paid assassins, we can take proper care of them."

She cracks her knuckles. "Let's do this, the long I stay here, the more I feel the group will destroy itself."

(Angelo, Arnold)

"I... See..." Arnold replied to the introduction of Burner. He then mutters under his breath. "Great, another destructive looney that needs imprisonment. After this ordeal."

Angelo ignored the loud newcomer, looking up. "Rogue, remember there's a second group coming this way. A group we currently can't communicate with. So when you plan this, keep them in mind."

"That's true, so we'll have to also decide if we wait for them and reunite before going on, in which case we don't know how long we'd have to wait for, and that might give whoever's down there in the Opera House an opportunity to prepare themselves, since it looks from that camera like they already know we're here. Or go down ahead and leave a message for them, in which case they'd be the cavalry, but we'd again have no way of knowing when they'll show up, so they might not be there to cover us if things go wrong" Rogue stroked his chin "Come to think of it, who's actually in the other group? Who can we expect to show up?"

View user profile

321 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 19:37

Burner zips up to arnold looking over his shoulder, "First you gotta catch me cape dude!" She says her head over hos shoulder. she quickly switches sides, "and I have been doing this 10 years so ggggooooodddd lucky lucky loo!" She purrs

View user profile

322 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 21:57

(Frost)
With a quick wave of her hand, the camera and a portion of the wall around it is suddenly covered with a thick layer of ice.

"Guys! Were we all just going to discuss the plan in front of a camera? One probably with a microphone in it. But, on what Rouge was saying. I do think we should be the ones kicking the door in."

View user profile

323 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 2 Jan - 22:22

"I like kicking doors down!" She giggles like a child

Rain shakes head and sighs "fantastic..."

View user profile

324 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 5 Jan - 17:25

(Everyone)

Rogue Fire wrote:"D'you think these lead down to the Opera House?" Rogue asks as he levitates up to the ventilation duct and shines an illumination spell between the bars to spy beyond "They look too narrow for any of us to crawl through, but a small drone, cable camera, or one of us with a miniaturisation spell could go down and scope out the area before we head in, give us an idea of what we'll be facing, identify any potential traps and such?"

"They likely lead to the Opera House, yeah" Emerald said, looking up: "I don't believe we'll be able to utilize a drone though.

All wireless communication is being jammed, we won't be able to use anything remote controlled.

A wired camera should work though"

Rogue Fire wrote:"what's the plan from here? Do we all go down together all at once, but leave ourselves without any cavalry to back us up or cover our retreat if things get ugly? Or do we split into two teams and leave one team either up here or at the base exit to watch our flank and potentially monitor said drone spy, and send the other team on ahead, but leave that team undermanned?"

Emerald remained quiet for a moment. When she looked at everyone, her expression was grave:

"...there can be no retreat.

The Waltz will not allow another opportunity like this.

We win. Or we die. That's the mindset we have to go in with.
Anything less, any hesitation or weakness on our part and the Waltz will exploit it immediately"

Emerald's expression was grim: "..you must understand. The current communications blackout, won't last indefinitely. The Waltz is already taking steps to restore communication with its subjects.

Once that happens, your allies will suddenly turn into enemies, when their families will become threatened. Everything will fall into chaos.
The Digital Waltz will reassert control and it will be over. We cannot let that happen.

Our friends, our family, our parents and children, will be condemned to a life of horror.

We have one shot to stop this and a narrow window of opportunity. We can't waste it"

She paused briefly, looking at the elevator:

"I believe we should attack en mass, with everything we've got.

But we can't wait for the other group either. If they appear soon, we'll go together. If they won't show before we head down there, we'll have to leave them a message and press onward. Hopefully they will join us down the line."

Burner wrote:Hay i know you! Your that dancer chick with the holograms! That gal who's down with the mafia or something you better warn those guys to take it down a notch because I'm getting big buck deals to burn that bar down with everyone in it... and as that list grows the more tempting it get" she says deathly serious.

Emerald zeroed in on Burner, with a very piercing stare:

"...I happened to like that bar... they were nice..." her expression began to turn into a scowl:

"If you torch that bar, or harm anyone in it... you're going to have a problem."

"Okaaaay, lets calm down a bit... yeah?" Madelyn raised her hands in a calming manner: "..we're on the same team here.. I'm sure nobody wants to harm innocents.."

Rogue Fire wrote:Come to think of it, who's actually in the other group? Who can we expect to show up?"

"My brother-" Emerald began: "-that's uhh, Clopin. Then, Twilight, Kaylee and Councilor Mercer.

Tomas was supposed to be here as well, but after the injury, he said he's going to watch over Oboro, Zarovee, Lei and Mira at the hospital, while this whole thing goes down"

Burner wrote:Burner zips up to arnold looking over his shoulder, "First you gotta catch me cape dude!" She says her head over hos shoulder. she quickly switches sides, "and I have been doing this 10 years so ggggooooodddd lucky lucky loo!" She purrs

The Spider Tank was quietly standing nearby, her red eyes slightly glowing in the dark and watching Burner:
"....wuaaahh.. I'm keeping my eye on you-cookie" she quietly said.

"Come on" Emerald waved her hand: "Lets focus on-" she cut herself off.

Another piercing shrieked echoed across the tunnel. This time, much closer.

Emerald ducked slightly, squinting into the thick darkness ahead.
Something was moving there, slowly, sluggishly, dragging its feet. A weird slapping sound could be heard, with each metalic step that echoed from the depths of the tunnel.

An outline of a humanoid shape began to appear, about a dozen meters away. It was completely obscured by the dark and you couldn't make out a single detail in its shape, but it was strangely leaning to one side, wobbling back and forth as it slowly limped forward.

A long, painful moan emitted out of its direction, as it doubled over, hunching and grabbing its head with its limbs. Something was very off about its shape. The way it moved, it was eerie, extremely unnatural and unsettling.

The moan continued, slowly growing into a metalic shriek. The shape rose its head, staring at you with a pair of red, glowing eyes and went silent.

Last edited by Kaylee Brown on Fri 5 Jan - 17:32; edited 1 time in total

325 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 5 Jan - 17:25

(Twilight)

"We may not necessarily know they're assassins on first glance" Clopin said, grimacing: "The Waltz would likely have them disguised as police officers, so they won't stand out on the scene.

We won't be able to tell real cops from assassins, without thoroughly going through their belongings. I don't know if we have enough time for that. The other team needs us asap"

"Alright, thumbs up, lets do this!" Kaylee fell to one side of the door, Clopin fell to the other, with Mercer taking position just behind Kaylee.

Kaylee quickly nodded and Clopin immediately unlocked the door. Kaylee stuck her head out and closed one eye.

A piercing white flash suddenly projected into the corridor outside and you heard over a dozen startled shrieks of pain and confusion.

"TWILIGHT - NOW!" Kaylee yelled, getting out of the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum