The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

351 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 8 Jan - 23:21

Twilight looked like she saw water burning, her smoke falling out of her mouth. She looked like she couldn't believe it.

"Your... Grandmother? What the..."

Arnold gave a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness, we know what happened to Madelyn's little girl! Well, not so little girl, it seems."

Twilight looks at him. "You knew this? Since when?!"

"It's not like that, Twilight." Angelo answered. "Long story short, we got a particulary nasty video of her memories, one of them was that her daughter narrowly escaped execution and was missing. So this is a huge coincidence."

"I see." The purple mare replied. "... I'm going to need an introduction to every one of you. Also, where is she, Arnold?"

With a hint of guilt in his tone, he answered. "Oboro got too gravely wounded to join us... And Tomas paid the price saving her, getting grievously wounded in the process."

"Thomas..." Twilight said in thought. "A strange idea to have the son of Marek working alongside us. I'm going to visit him later, right now we have to deal with the digital waltz." She gave a glance to Frost. "Which means you might want to wait with friendly fire until we are safe. Just speaking from experience."

She lights another smoke. "Just this one before going in. It clears my head, gives me a little boost."

View user profile

352 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 8 Jan - 23:31

Burners head flicks up at Naomi's voice her ears perk, "seems to me that someone is a bit of a salty sue~" she stands up straight, She slowly begins taking steps towards her, the bright red light from the road flare making her coat indistinguishable from her hair, as if she blends into it's hues the closer she gets the more the light plays with your eyes, her mask darkened by the almost pitch black as she approaches, the flare flickering. She meets you face to face one eye glowing beneath the mask, The other a glossy black lense reflects the red light.

She puts her hands behind her back and leans forward looking at the mechanic, "from what I have heard... You abandoned your friends... unlike that batpony Farmer who stuck by them... and suffered life threatening injurys..." She circles around, "Was it not you... who willingly planted a case behind a building without thinking about it? Who knows what could have been in there... drugs... important classified documents." She tilts her head, "A bomb..." She stands upright, "in all cases you you are in the wrong... had you never left your friends, you would have never caused a problem in the first place?" She steps closer, "were you afraid... Naomi?... were you scared if dying... because your friends watched as one of their own was swollowed by a mechanical fish... and what then? You show up? You came back afterwords?" You can see the white dot in her mask disappear a second as she blinks, "...i don't believe you have any room to talk... for all I care it was you who blew up a cybernetic hospital that was key to your friends mission..."

"And as much of a bad mare I am I make an effort to avoid harming the weak... and the elderly... I make an effort to examine my targets before deciding on weather or not it should burn..."

"You took some rando's word for it and planted an unknown case at an unknown building..."

"Just something to think about before you start telling others to be quite... where as my arson is planned and intentional. Yours was done with reckless abandon."

She turns around just as the flare goes out and lights another, She walks slowly back to the vehicle.

Burner skips up to twilight and pulls something out of her pocket, it's a butain lighter, an expensive one at that, she slips it into the princess pocket, "Something for you habits~" She skips around the car to clopins side.

View user profile

353 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 4:02

(Naomi)
"You shouldn't know about the bag, that note, any of it" Naomi narrows her eyes "Or, me leaving them. You know way too much. About as much as someone in the Waltz would know! And if you knew that bag was bad why didn't you move or, I don't know disarm it"

(Frost)
"Friendly fire would be the wrong wording, more like electric vengeance. But, as the saying goes 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and you can only pray they kill each other in the process' "

Frost's body returns to normal.

"And, since you asked. My name is Frost. The grumpy one over there is Naomi."

View user profile

354 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 4:38

"Because I watch... and I learn." She looks over at the mechanic, "I followed you...I didn't bother because it's not my concern to... It was your responsibility not mine don't try to move the blame to me missy!" She chuckles behind her mask, If I were with the waltz they would have ordered me to kill you by threatening me but they have nobody against me. My family is in an entirely different country and I don't care if they kill them or not!" She says harshly yet cheerfully, my home is here... should I say homes because each one burns down in a few days. They don't know my identity, I thwarted all attempts to nutralize me! I followed you here because I thought I had found a new companion who needed to be taught some ethics on what and who they work with and bomb. You brought me to the doorstep of the digital waltz! Right next to robo cop!" She points to maddie, "And from one terrorist to another you should really dress yourself better..." She adjusts her ashy jacket

View user profile

355 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 6:44

(Naomi)
"Take fashion advice from the pyro...right..." Naomi's tone goes dry "You remind me of me when I was 12. Edgy and full shit."

The dryness becomes full sarcasm

"So, if you're going to teach me these 'ethics' then why not start now? Let's make it a date how about? Maybe find some drug addict when this is done and enjoy a nice beer over his charred corpse! Or are you more of a burn the office building then sip wine over the screams of corrupt stock brokers and businessmen?"

View user profile

356 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 10:18

"Actually neither! I BURN empty or abandoned buildings and I use non leathal against bounties! That doesn't mean I haven't killed though... I once had to bring down an entire factory full of gang bangers running a drug ring and then move to their warehouse." She clears her throat, "I'm a bad mare but I'm not insane enough to kill innocents recklessly"

"as for tips if you are looking to get into the business and of what I do... make sure you know the specifics of a targst. If it's a hospital or school even abandoned bringing it down is kinda messed up Because those places are normally havens for the homeless, The only time I condone it, is when it's completely made of wood, and been left to sit for A LONG time..."

"Don't just take a case from a stranger know what your getting into and know the details. If it's a bomb tell them you can handle it yourself, If they insist... leave... if they try to kill you well... I have flamethowers..."

View user profile

357 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 10:56

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

Lowering the camera into the air vent, you spot an eerily long ventilation tunnel. It descended vertically and must have stretched down for hundreds of meters. The bottom is too low to be seen, completely obscured by the darkness.

As the flames washed over the tunnel, the enemy creature caught fire and emitted a long, piercing shriek. Its entire chassis was instantly set ablaze, sending frightening shadows across the tunnel.

Wiping itself into a frenzy, the monster lashed out at Frost, sending a continuous series of stabbing attacks, right through the barrier of ice and snow.

One of its arms was knocked to the side by Angelo. The other became rapidly covered with ice, but the creature still lashed out, violently twisting and shrieking, attempting to reach Frost.

Its fangs began snapping right over Frosts face. Its frozen arm began stabbing the floor around her, until it pierced Frosts shoulder.
The creature bared its jagged teeth and prepared to bite into Frosts neck.

A split second later, a giant axe suddenly swooped the creature off the floor and sent it violently crashing into the tunnel wall.
Madelyn spinned around herself, carried by the momentum, then readied the axe for another swing and sprinted at the creature.

The monster rolled over and rose to its feet, taking a twisted, hunched over stance. Its chassis was still on fire. The damaged and frozen hands were moving slower than before, turning its movements more sluggish.

Its head suddenly jerked away from you and stared in the direction of the tunnels entrance, where you had previously entered.

A roar of a fast moving car was echoing from that direction. A pair of head lights began shining in the distance.

"...a car?.. what the hell" Madelyn squinted, trying to make out the shape of the approaching vehicle.

The creature suddenly shrieked and sunk its claws into its own chest. Pulling hard in opposite directions, the creature violently tore its chest open, revealing a large hidden compartment inside.
It was filled with wires and small packages of something yellow.

The monster shrieked and charged right at the car. The yellow packages in its chest suddenly beeped and projected a red light.

"BOMB!!!" Madelyn shrieked, trying to chase after the creature.

The car that was driving through the tunnel began slowing down. The driver vividly noticing the nearing chaos.

The creature was sprinting right at it. Its claws violently slashing the air and jaws loudly snapping.

The car pulled a sharp stop, one of the doors opened and Kaylee stepped out of the drivers seat:
"...what the hell" she called, her voice softly echoing over the tunnel.

Madelyn's eyes widened. She gritted her teeth and emitted a long yell. Chasing after the creature, she began rapidly increasing speed, each step leaving a large crack in the pavement.

When she was only a few meters away, she jumped, slamming hard into the monster and pinning it into the ground.

The creature started violently twisting, trying to stab Madelyn with all four of its limbs. The red light on its chest started flashing more frequently. Madelyn roared, grabbing the thing over the torso and hurling it away from the car.

The next second, the monster exploded in a massive ball of flame, which swallowed Madelyn whole.

The blast released a deafening echo across the tunnel, making you briefly go deaf. The windows in the car shattered. Kaylee ducked and dived back into the vehicle.

For a while, all you could see was a massive ball of flame. Then everything slowly faded.

Your vision and hearing returned slowly. The silence that began engulfing the tunnel, became eerie.

Off in the distance, you saw Twilight, Kaylee, Clopin and Mercer, getting out of the car.

A dozen meters away from them, you saw Madelyn's body. She wasn't moving. Parts of her clothes were on fire.

Rogue pulls the cable camera back up and rolls it back into his nose for later.

View user profile

358 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 10:59

Kaylee Brown wrote:As the light from the flare falls onto Maddie, a horrifying image comes into view. Your stomach involuntarily contracts, threatening a vomit reflex. You try not to inhale too deeply. The smell was becoming unbearable.

Half of Madelyn's face was gone. Seared off completely. A metal skull, robotic eyes and circuits were left exposed, underneath.
Her right arm was horribly burned as well. Only a skeletal structure remained there.

Her hair was badly singed, her clothes covered in ash.
One of her eyes was closed. The other one, exposed in its metal socket, stared blankly into space, shining with a dark red light.

"...oh god..." you heard Kaylee's terrified voice: "..what... what the hell is.." her voice broke, as she stared at Madelyn's body.

She was shaking in horror, frozen, torn between a subconscious urge to run away, or come closer.

Suddenly, Madelyn opened both eyes and looked at Kaylee, unblinking. Kaylee shrieked in fear and flinched back.

Slowly, very clumsily, Madelyn rolled onto her side, then onto her stomach and began rising to one knee. She never broke eye contact with Kaylee.

"...what... what are you..." Kaylee quietly whimpered: "S-Stay back!!"

Madelyn slowly rose to her feet and slightly stumbled forward. She raised her robotic arm, still covered in smears of ash and burned flesh, and stretched it toward Kaylee.

"Please No!" Kaylee shrieked, closing her eyes and jerking away: "No! Don't come closer-AH!" she stumbled and fell to the ground.
Madelyn continued to slowly limp toward her, robotic arm stretched, her face half burned away, exposing a metal skull beneath pieces of burned skin.

"God No!" Kaylee crawled backwards on the ground and found her back stuck against a wall. She covered her face with both hands and started to whimper: "D-don't hurt me... please!"

Madelyn clumsily fell down on one knee, next to her. Then raised her burned hand and very gently, placed it on top of Kaylee's head.
Kaylee cried out in horror.

And then Madelyn sang.

Quietly, gently, lovingly. She sang a very soothing tune, like a lullaby. Her beautiful voice softly echoed across the tunnel, as she gently stroked Kaylee's hair.

Kaylee slowly lowered her hands and stared, wide eyed at Madelyn. As confusion and shock began to wash over her, you saw a streak of tears running down Kaylee's cheeks.
She was staring at Madelyn, listening to the tune, then looked down, as if surprised by her own tears.

Madelyn smiled at her, softly and gently, as she stroked her hair.

Kaylee looked into her eyes and quietly whispered: "...m-my mother used to sing me that song.. to calm me, when I was little.." she blinked, more tears falling down her cheeks, as she stared at Madelyn:
"...who are you?"

"Lisa... I found you" Madelyn gently said, her voice shaking. Eyes slowly filling with tears: "I found you... Lisa... Lisa..." she smiled, blinking the tears away, as she stroked Kaylee's hair.

"Lisa?.." Kaylee asked in surprise: "T-that's.. my mothers name.." she quietly said. A moment, and her eyes slowly widened:
"A-are you... my grandmother?..."

"Grandmother?" Madelyn asked in confusion, before a realization appeared in her eyes, and a very soft smile appeared on her lips: "Ah.. that's it.." she happily nodded, blinking the tears away:
"Yes... My name is Madelyn Vauclair. I am your grandmother"

"....all this time.." Kaylee voice was briefly distorted in pain: "We never.. we never thought we'd... we'd never thought we'd find you... mom... she-.. she wanted to find you, so much-" Kaylee turned away as her voice broke. Fresh tears appearing inside her eyes.

Madelyn leaned closer and locked Kaylee into a tight hug. Kaylee hid her face and began sobbing into Madelyn's shoulder. Both tightly clinging onto each other, afraid to let go, as if the other one could disappear any moment.

Their quiet sobbing, softly echoed over the tunnel.

"It's a small world..." Rogue says as he jogs over to where the others have gathered "Madelyn, you're still pretty damaged. Do you want me to take a look at you, see if I can fix anything?"

View user profile

359 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 11:00

"This hostility must stop" Clopin quietly said.

He was standing next to the car, his expression peaceful, calm:

"This is exactly what they want. In fighting. Distrust. Psychological warfare.
To have us looking over our shoulder, when we face the Digital Waltz. Expecting a knife in our back.

And once our minds are too clouded and unfocused on them, the Digital Waltz will pick us off, one by one, because we will start thinking twice about helping each
other.
We will die. And everything that happened today, will be for nothing"

He quietly sighed, then looked at everyone:

"We have to stand united. The Digital Waltz threatens everyone. Every life on this planet, will be either enslaved or destroyed.
Their reign of terror lasted for four long decades and led to a future of darkness and misery.

This cannot continue.

We have to clear our minds of all distractions and focus on the Waltz. Anything less, and we would have failed, before we even began.

Take a moment, do what you have to, to clear your mind. Then focus on the Waltz"

Clopin calmy looked at Frost:

"You want a reason not to kill me? I don't have one.

The past four decades have been a torture for me. Misery and maddness and poverty. I spent 44 years, thinking my sister was dead.
And once I discovered she lived, the revelation of her fate, crashed down on me even worse than before.

And we sat together, me, my sister and Tomas, and we thought. Hard and long, of some way, to bring down the Waltz.

We had no one else. No one to ask for help or advice.
Any chance to acquire an ally, also carried an unacceptable risk of revealing our intentions to the Digital Waltz.

We tried hard. We did our best. And we ran out of time.
Councilor Mercer and Kaylee got blackmailed. Forced to cause a slaughter of homeless innocents in the Labyrinth.
We had to act. We had to do something.

This is the best plan we had, in the time frame that was given to us.

Was it a bad plan? Was it immoral? Unfair? Hurtful? Yes. But that's all we had.
Do you know why we went through with it?"

He nodded his head toward Kaylee and Madelyn, who still sat on the floor, tightly clinging onto each other.

"...this was our objective" Clopin quietly said: "People like Madelyn. Thousands like her, are still locked in the Labyrinth. Imprisonned, enslaved. Suffering.
This must stop.
Did we force you to do the right thing? Did we lie to you? Yes. But look what you've achieved.
A mother, reunited with her family. And the Digital Waltz, on the brink of its fall.

In the end, you made this possible"

Madelyn slightly loosened her hug on Kaylee and looked at everyone. Her eyes were full of tears and an increadibly warm smile was over her lips:

"....thank you.... everyone.. thank you" she nodded with a bright smile, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Clopin waited for a long moment, studying his shoes, before things have calmed down, then he calmly looked at Frost once again:

"...I can't give you, a brighter future. You must seize it for yourself. Its something you must decide on your own.

We must be united. That is the only way to stop the Digital Waltz.
Our minds must be clear, or this group will fall apart. And we will fail.

And if killing me, is what helps you focus, then do it.

Do it now.

I won't struggle and I won't oppose you" Clopin simply said, looking at Frost:

"I did my best. And I achieved my objective. I have no regrets.

The future of this world, is now yours to shape. Do with it, what you will. The choice is in your hands now"

"Clopin!" Emerald called, scowling in disapproval.

Clopin raised his hand, stopping her:

"We all have to make choices" he quietly said: "Only know that... each choice, even the smallest one, will always send waves across the world,
and shape our future, and the future of the generations ahead"

He slowly looked at everyone, one last time:

"...I can't give you, a better future. You must seize it for yourself.

Stand alone, or unite. The worlds future, is in your hands now."

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

360 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 11:05

Kaylee Brown wrote:"This hostility must stop" Clopin quietly said.

He was standing next to the car, his expression peaceful, calm:

"This is exactly what they want. In fighting. Distrust. Psychological warfare.
To have us looking over our shoulder, when we face the Digital Waltz. Expecting a knife in our back.

And once our minds are too clouded and unfocused on them, the Digital Waltz will pick us off, one by one, because we will start thinking twice about helping each
other.
We will die. And everything that happened today, will be for nothing"

He quietly sighed, then looked at everyone:

"We have to stand united. The Digital Waltz threatens everyone. Every life on this planet, will be either enslaved or destroyed.
Their reign of terror lasted for four long decades and led to a future of darkness and misery.

This cannot continue.

We have to clear our minds of all distractions and focus on the Waltz. Anything less, and we would have failed, before we even began.

Take a moment, do what you have to, to clear your mind. Then focus on the Waltz"

Clopin calmy looked at Frost:

"You want a reason not to kill me? I don't have one.

The past four decades have been a torture for me. Misery and maddness and poverty. I spent 44 years, thinking my sister was dead.
And once I discovered she lived, the revelation of her fate, crashed down on me even worse than before.

And we sat together, me, my sister and Tomas, and we thought. Hard and long, of some way, to bring down the Waltz.

We had no one else. No one to ask for help or advice.
Any chance to acquire an ally, also carried an unacceptable risk of revealing our intentions to the Digital Waltz.

We tried hard. We did our best. And we ran out of time.
Councilor Mercer and Kaylee got blackmailed. Forced to cause a slaughter of homeless innocents in the Labyrinth.
We had to act. We had to do something.

This is the best plan we had, in the time frame that was given to us.

Was it a bad plan? Was it immoral? Unfair? Hurtful? Yes. But that's all we had.
Do you know why we went through with it?"

He nodded his head toward Kaylee and Madelyn, who still sat on the floor, tightly clinging onto each other.

"...this was our objective" Clopin quietly said: "People like Madelyn. Thousands like her, are still locked in the Labyrinth. Imprisonned, enslaved. Suffering.
This must stop.
Did we force you to do the right thing? Did we lie to you? Yes. But look what you've achieved.
A mother, reunited with her family. And the Digital Waltz, on the brink of its fall.

In the end, you made this possible"

Madelyn slightly loosened her hug on Kaylee and looked at everyone. Her eyes were full of tears and an increadibly warm smile was over her lips:

"....thank you.... everyone.. thank you" she nodded with a bright smile, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Clopin waited for a long moment, studying his shoes, before things have calmed down, then he calmly looked at Frost once again:

"...I can't give you, a brighter future. You must seize it for yourself. Its something you must decide on your own.

We must be united. That is the only way to stop the Digital Waltz.
Our minds must be clear, or this group will fall apart. And we will fail.

And if killing me, is what helps you focus, then do it.

Do it now.

I won't struggle and I won't oppose you" Clopin simply said, looking at Frost:

"I did my best. And I achieved my objective. I have no regrets.

The future of this world, is now yours to shape. Do with it, what you will. The choice is in your hands now"

"Clopin!" Emerald called, scowling in disapproval.

Clopin raised his hand, stopping her:

"We all have to make choices" he quietly said: "Only know that... each choice, even the smallest one, will always send waves across the world,
and shape our future, and the future of the generations ahead"

He slowly looked at everyone, one last time:

"...I can't give you, a better future. You must seize it for yourself.

Stand alone, or unite. The worlds future, is in your hands now."

"The guy's right" Rogue says, making a point of looking at Frost and Burner "There'll be time to resolve these disputes later, but right now we have to work together to defeat the Cyber Ballet, or we won't get the chance to resolve those disputes."

View user profile

361 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 14:15

Burner huffs and crosses her arms, "Fine fine."

Rain walks to the elevator to see if it has arrived.

View user profile

362 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 15:16

(Naomi)
Naomi says nothing but just glares at Burner.

(Frost)
"But you haven't achieved your goal yet. The Waltz still lives." Frost steps over Clopin, her fist shimmering with a slight aura "But, I still need to do something. So..."

Frost punches Clopin once in the side of the face. The aura around her fist creating a small shield to protect her hand. The last thing Frost wanted was to break fingers at a time like this as she had a suspicion that Clopin was made from more than flesh.

"So that will have to do in the meantime, and if we're all lucky that will be all I'll need."

The mare turns and address the group

"Oh, in order to make this mood less...shit, if any of you want I have sandwiches in my bag. We're about to embark on a raid on mustache-twirling psychos and it probably would be wise to not do this on an empty stomach."

Last edited by The Mage and The Mechanic on Wed 10 Jan - 5:37; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

363 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 9 Jan - 21:00

Burner gazes at Naomi, "maybe if you come with me after this I'll show you how to make money doing what I do. If you would like that is..." She snickers half jokingly.

//BURNOMI FTW

View user profile

364 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 10 Jan - 10:52

The Mage and The Mechanic wrote:(Naomi)
Naomi says nothing but just glares at Burner.

(Frost)
"But you haven't achieved your goal yet. The Waltz still lives." Frost steps over Clopin, her fist shimmering with a slight aura "But, I still need to do something. So..."

Frost punches Clopin once in the side of the face. The aura around her fist creating a small shield to protect her hand. The last thing Frost wanted was to break fingers at a time like this as she had a suspicion that Clopin was made from more than flesh.

"So that will have to do in the meantime, and if we're all lucky that will be all I'll need."

The mare turns and address the group

"Oh, in order to make this mood less...shit, if any of you want I have sandwiches in my bag. We're about to embark on a raid on mustache-twirling psychos and it probably would be wise to not do this on an empty stomach."

"Frost! What did we literally just say about leaving all that for later?" Rogue asks Frost, before turning to Clopin "You okay over there?"

"And on the topic of that raid, the ventilation duct seems to go some way down, so I couldn't see anything of use" Rogue adds "Along with all the delays up here, it's highly likely there'll now be an ambush of some sort in progress at the base of the lift, so I suggest we take precautions, and climb out onto the roof of the lift cabin before it goes back down, and then try and find an alternative exit somewhere along the lift shaft."

View user profile

365 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 9:32

"I agree" Kaylee nodded to Rogue, slowly rising back to her feet: "It sounds like the best option" she said, slowly wiping her eyes.

Madelyn rose to her feet as well, standing close to Kaylee. A quiet and firm resolve began to form in her eyes. She seems more focused than before.

Clopin slowly straightened up and wiped the blood from his lip: "..I'm.. I'm going to be okay. Thank you" he nodded.

"We've come a long way" Kaylee quietly said: "All the pain, all the suffering, all of our sacrifice, was for this moment.
The Digital Waltz threatens every life in our world.
By chance, or by intent, we have ended up in this place.
Here, in this moment, we have a chance to change the world.

We can create a better future.

It won't be easy, and the fight ahead may bring pain, but you're not alone.
We are many. A strong team, with many talents.

Work together. Support each other. Give it your all and there will be nothing we can't achieve"

Kaylee raised her fist and clenched it with determination. She looks at everyone with a confident smile:
"Now lets go do this"

A slight beeping sound attracted your attention and you noticed the elevator doors opening, revealing a massive cargo elevator inside.

It was empty. The metal walls and ceiling inside, were covered in some very strange carvings. Like an infinite drawing of circuits and fuse boxes, not real, but definitely looked authentic.
There was a subtle artistic hint to it, creating a subconscious feeling, as if the elevator led to some sort of technology museum or art gallery.

As Emerald and Cookie slowly inched closer to the open doors, a distorted voice suddenly echoed out of the elevator:

"Seven minutes and forty three seconds, impressive. It only took you that long, to get your heads straight and return to your task.
Most commando strike teams would've breached the doors by now and would be on their way down, somewhere in under 15 seconds, but... seven minutes is nice.
If you were my strike team, I'd fire you
"

Emerald froze. Her eyes widened, before a savage grin began to spread over her face:

"...wireless communication is jammed, it couldn't have been a radio broadcast... it was a wired intercom"
She slowly turned toward you, her grin became a bit frightening:
"They're here... the Opera Seven...... at least one of them is down there..."

"Nothing like punching a 60 year old man in the face, to really bring the group together" the distorted voice echoed again:
"You're all friends now, are you. Best friends? I wander how long it will last, before you claw each other's face off."

366 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 10:10

"Listen here you mo-" Naomi growls then her voice is muffled as Frost has placed her hand over Naomi's mouth.

"Take your own advise and stop talking" Frost mutters to her, then speaks to the room "Seems like we've reached the monologing stage of things."

View user profile

367 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 10:20

"Forget him! He's distracting us!" Emerald waved her hand: "We have to get down there, now!"

"No, please, there's no rush" The distorted voice audibly smirked: "You're only about to enter a robot manufacturing facility, which produces new killer robots every few seconds.
Please take as much time as you need, while I grow my arsenal.
"

368 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 17:12

Burner skips up to the intercom, "I have a surprise for you mr.waltz man~" She purrs, "It involves a brander! And maybe some napalm! Depends on what my new friends look at in morality!" Her voice becomes serious, "I plan on taking something from you... considering what you took from me..."

Rain sighs and girls an arrow in her fingers.

View user profile

369 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 17:21

Kaylee Brown wrote:"I agree" Kaylee nodded to Rogue, slowly rising back to her feet: "It sounds like the best option" she said, slowly wiping her eyes.

Madelyn rose to her feet as well, standing close to Kaylee. A quiet and firm resolve began to form in her eyes. She seems more focused than before.

Clopin slowly straightened up and wiped the blood from his lip: "..I'm.. I'm going to be okay. Thank you" he nodded.

"We've come a long way" Kaylee quietly said: "All the pain, all the suffering, all of our sacrifice, was for this moment.
The Digital Waltz threatens every life in our world.
By chance, or by intent, we have ended up in this place.
Here, in this moment, we have a chance to change the world.  

We can create a better future.

It won't be easy, and the fight ahead may bring pain, but you're not alone.
We are many. A strong team, with many talents.

Work together. Support each other. Give it your all and there will be nothing we can't achieve"

Kaylee raised her fist and clenched it with determination. She looks at everyone with a confident smile:
"Now lets go do this"

A slight beeping sound attracted your attention and you noticed the elevator doors opening, revealing a massive cargo elevator inside.

It was empty. The metal walls and ceiling inside, were covered in some very strange carvings. Like an infinite drawing of circuits and fuse boxes, not real, but definitely looked authentic.
There was a subtle artistic hint to it, creating a subconscious feeling, as if the elevator led to some sort of technology museum or art gallery.

As Emerald and Cookie slowly inched closer to the open doors, a distorted voice suddenly echoed out of the elevator:

"Seven minutes and forty three seconds, impressive. It only took you that long, to get your heads straight and return to your task.
Most commando strike teams would've breached the doors by now and would be on their way down, somewhere in under 15 seconds, but... seven minutes is nice.
If you were my strike team, I'd fire you
"

Emerald froze. Her eyes widened, before a savage grin began to spread over her face:

"...wireless communication is jammed, it couldn't have been a radio broadcast... it was a wired intercom"
She slowly turned toward you, her grin became a bit frightening:
"They're here... the Opera Seven...... at least one of them is down there..."

"Nothing like punching a 60 year old man in the face, to really bring the group together" the distorted voice echoed again:
"You're all friends now, are you. Best friends? I wander how long it will last, before you claw each other's face off."

"I think seven minutes and fourty three seconds's a pretty good time for a ragtag bunch of misfits brought together by circumstance" Rogue comments "We can't all be professionals."

View user profile

370 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 17:23

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Forget him! He's distracting us!" Emerald waved her hand: "We have to get down there, now!"

"No, please, there's no rush" The distorted voice audibly smirked: "You're only about to enter a robot manufacturing facility, which produces new killer robots every few seconds.
Please take as much time as you need, while I grow my arsenal.
"

"Agreed" Rogue nods to Emerald, before turning to Madelyn "Do you think you're in a good enough condition to come down with us?"

View user profile

371 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 18:04

"Yes" Madelyn nodded with determination: "I've got your back. Just lead the way"

The intercom activated again, its dismissive voice echoing over the tunnel:
"You're right, you're not professionals. So what made you think, you have a right to decide this worlds fate? Are you even qualified to make that decision?
You think you know what's best for this world?
"

The voice released an audible laugh, as Burner talked to the intercom:

"Why don't you come down here, tough guy?...

I took something from you, did I?

Good. I'm glad.
You believe in an eye for an eye, do you Burner? Equal punishment? I wander what the families of your victims would say about that. You know, the victims you burned alive, while setting houses on fire, for laughs and giggles.

Its only fair I take your life in exchange, following your own philosophy.

Pshhh.... I'm supposed to trust the fate of this world, to people like you?"
the voice turned cold, seeping with hatred:
"..don't make me laugh"

"Don't listen to him!" Emerald yelled, scowling at the elevator: "He's trying to mess with your head! They specialize in psychological warfare!"

"Yes. Ignore me." the voice sneered: "I'm only echoing your own fears and suspicions. Like, will Clopin stab you in the back. Or will Naomi run away again"

Kaylee frowned: "..we have to get down there, now"

372 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 18:29

Kaylee Brown wrote:"Yes" Madelyn nodded with determination: "I've got your back. Just lead the way"

The intercom activated again, its dismissive voice echoing over the tunnel:
"You're right, you're not professionals. So what made you think, you have a right to decide this worlds fate? Are you even qualified to make that decision?
You think you know what's best for this world?
"

The voice released an audible laugh, as Burner talked to the intercom:

"Why don't you come down here, tough guy?...

I took something from you, did I?

Good. I'm glad.
You believe in an eye for an eye, do you Burner? Equal punishment? I wander what the families of your victims would say about that. You know, the victims you burned alive, while setting houses on fire, for laughs and giggles.

Its only fair I take your life in exchange, following your own philosophy.

Pshhh.... I'm supposed to trust the fate of this world, to people like you?"
the voice turned cold, seeping with hatred:
"..don't make me laugh"

"Don't listen to him!" Emerald yelled, scowling at the elevator: "He's trying to mess with your head! They specialize in psychological warfare!"

"Yes. Ignore me." the voice sneered: "I'm only echoing your own fears and suspicions. Like, will Clopin stab you in the back. Or will Naomi run away again"

Kaylee frowned: "..we have to get down there, now"

Rogue stops outside the lift door, and scans the interior of the cabin for any traps or access panels.

View user profile

373 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 18:44

You notice several access panels inside the elevator, evenly spaced across the walls. Their purpose is unclear.
You also notice a set of buttons on the left wall. They seem to control the elevator. You notice buttons for going up or down, stop and a bell sign.

Apart from that and the weird carvings on the elevators interior, nothing really stands out of place.

374 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 19:41

Kaylee Brown wrote:You notice several access panels inside the elevator, evenly spaced across the walls. Their purpose is unclear.
You also notice a set of buttons on the left wall. They seem to control the elevator. You notice buttons for going up or down, stop and a bell sign.

Apart from that and the weird carvings on the elevators interior, nothing really stands out of place.

Rogue cautiously steps over to one of the access panels, and forms a shaped forcefield knife to prise open the front.

"Since you seem to be in a talkative frame of minds, care explaining what these carvings mean?" he asks the voice over the intercom.

View user profile

375 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 11 Jan - 19:59

"tough guy? I'll have you know i am a refined woman of very refined tastes thank you very much!" Burner scoffs at the intercom, "...I'll also have you know I am Illegally insane with a few manslaughter charges..." she stops and thinks before waving the thought off "No matter! is murder any worse then planning on world domination I THINK NOT!" she finishes, copying Angelos triumphant tone.

"I vote that we tie Burner to a pipe show of hands!" Rain puts her hand up

burner looks over at her, "you... miss general... you are a funny gal."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum