The Pony Roleplay Forum

The forum for your pony and fantasy rp's

You are not connected. Please login or register

Digital Waltz - Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 25]

551 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Mon 12 Feb - 17:54

Arnold barely hung onto the giant metal tiger, as it trashed around. And the explosion caused a large amount of shrapnel to embed in his flesh. With that, he mentally thanked the dermal plating under his skin, which made a massive decrease of the damage. But with the tiger unmoving, he went back to work on taking out it's plume.

Angelo saw the descending figure, not thinking much of her. He merely held his sword, covering his eye of metal. "A showboat soldier, of course."
He then switch the hand to cover his other eye, as he tracked her movements. Then, he went to intercept her, charging his sword up with electricity. With his run, he was ready for the incoming swing, most likely strong but predictable. He was gonna use the moment she was defenseless after a swing to strike.

Twilight pinched the bridge of her nose. "Why does being right about such matters feel so wrong at times?"
After her statement, she threw a lrge spike of ice at Firewing, her gaze turning serious. "Remember me, heretic?"

View user profile

552 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Tue 13 Feb - 0:26

(Radiance)
As the spike hit's Radiance charges forward slightly a head of Angelo, he throws a sloppy feint to get her to attack then hits her with a roundhouse do the side of the face.

His goal right now is distracting her attention so the electrically charged blade of Angelo approaching behind him can hit it's mark.

View user profile

553 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 13:07

(Storage Room)

It took a few moments with Clopins help, but you managed to find the port for the Plume of Dusk.

A few moments later, Cookies eyes lit up and became wide open. She blinked a few times and looked at Rain. Her expression turned sheepish:

"Waaaaoooh! R-Rain! What things are you saying? I don't swing that way!"

She shook her head a little, then looked at her palms and flexed her fingers a bit, seemingly trying to get used to them:

"...this feels.. familiar... but different.." she said, sighing slightly and looking down:

"I feel silly calling myself Cookie now.. I guess... it was a good way to detach myself from the pain.." She looked away for a moment, then shook her head and turned back.

She looked at everyone and released a bright smile:

"My name is Samantha. Its nice to meet'cha! You can call me Cookie if you want" She grinned a little.

Clopin waved to her slightly, then scanned the area again. The roar of the cargo elevator was still emanating from the other room and Clopin squinted in that direction:

"...we're not out of the fight yet" He pointed toward the massive engine, roaring inside the next room:

"...see that? I think it powers the cargo elevator." he looked at you: "That thing is going to keep bringing reinforcements up top, unless we stop it.

The next time the elevator comes down, we climb up to the floor above and blow up the engine.

That way, we will join up with the rest of the squad and cut off further reinforcements"

View user profile http://ultimate.secrets-stories.com

554 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 13:08

(Heart of the Digital Waltz)

Still half blind after the Flashbulb went off, Twilight's attack missed its mark. The ice spike flew a few centimeters to the left of Firewing's head, making Firewing duck ever so slightly, as she charged forward.

As Radiance closed in and threw the feint attack, Firewing didn't react and simply continued to stampede right at him.
Radiance's roundhouse kick connected and an immediate pain echoed over his leg. The feeling was akin to hitting a brick wall.

Firewing's head barely moved, before she smashed the hilt of her sword into Radiance's nose and slammed into him at full speed, sending him flying towards Angelo.

Her stare was cold and calculating. Firewings massive sword remained slightly raised and ready to strike. It seems she intends to cut through both Angelo and Radiance in one swing.

As Arnold smashed his weapon into the Tiger's armor plate again, it slightly moved. A few more hits and it seems it will come off.
Councilor Mercer and Kaylee unfolded their wings and flew upward in a zigzag, evading the Tigers claws and landing on its back.

Trying to regain their footing, they approached Arnold and began attacking the same armor plate, intending to pry it off.

The Tiger emitted a long piercing howl and violently jerked its body sideways, attempting to throw everyone off.

Emerald extended her concealed blade and charged towards Firewing.

Hawkins was intently watching her movements and smirking:
"...Emerald, Emerald, where are you going?... you're not trying to help Radiance, are you?"
He released a quiet giggle:
"...ever wandered, how Serena died?"

"DON'T FUCKING SPEAK HER NAME!!!" Emerald shrieked, charging forward: "SHE WAS A HERO! SHE DIED TO SAVE THE VICTIMS OF THE LABYRINTH!"

"Ah... is that the case?" Hawkins quietly said.
As his grin became more and more smug, he briefly made eye contact with Emerald.

A very brief moment of confusion reflected behind Emeralds eyes and Hawkins' smug grin became wider.

555 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 13:20

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Storage Room)

It took a few moments with Clopins help, but you managed to find the port for the Plume of Dusk.

A few moments later, Cookies eyes lit up and became wide open. She blinked a few times and looked at Rain. Her expression turned sheepish:

"Waaaaoooh! R-Rain! What things are you saying? I don't swing that way!"

She shook her head a little, then looked at her palms and flexed her fingers a bit, seemingly trying to get used to them:

"...this feels.. familiar... but different.." she said, sighing slightly and looking down:

"I feel silly calling myself Cookie now.. I guess... it was a good way to detach myself from the pain.." She looked away for a moment, then shook her head and turned back.

She looked at everyone and released a bright smile:

"My name is Samantha. Its nice to meet'cha! You can call me Cookie if you want" She grinned a little.

Clopin waved to her slightly, then scanned the area again. The roar of the cargo elevator was still emanating from the other room and Clopin squinted in that direction:

"...we're not out of the fight yet" He pointed toward the massive engine, roaring inside the next room:

"...see that? I think it powers the cargo elevator." he looked at you: "That thing is going to keep bringing reinforcements up top, unless we stop it.

The next time the elevator comes down, we climb up to the floor above and blow up the engine.

That way, we will join up with the rest of the squad and cut off further reinforcements"

"There've been worse nicknames around, trust me on this one" Rogue nods.

"Sounds like a plan" he says, clapping his hands "Burner, you're up, y'got any more bombs left?"

View user profile

556 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 16:38

(Radiance)
As Radiance is launched towards Angelo, he flips his body tucking in so that he launches past him. Landing and stumbling several meters away. He breathes heavily.

"You'll want to know" Radiance speaks "Serena died along with me inside the belly of that giant water machine" he dodges any incoming strikes "I gave her a choice and she chose to die as her self. The blood is mine and the fault is mine. And now that I'm standing here and she's not. I'm wondering if I made the right choice after all"

(Frost)
Frost lays against the wall, barely moving and watching the fights take place. Unless less someone gets right up close she would appear dead or unconscious. The mage is hiding in plain sight, waiting for the right moment to strike.

(Naomi)
Naomi sneakers at Cookies reaction to Rain's comment.

"I do believe hot ass here has some left" she gestures to Burner "Now aren't you glad you saved them?" Her voice becomes sweet but condescending at the same time. It's a weird tone, but at this point anything else coming from her would have been even weirder

View user profile

557 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 17:50

(Heart of the Digital Waltz)

Hawkins slowly shook his head with a smirk: "...so many pretty words, to decorate a simple fact.

You killed her."

A part of the far wall, unfolded, revealing a large screen. On it, was a night vision camera footage, of some sort of cramped room.
Radiance and Serena were visible there.

Radiance slowly moved his arms to a position closer to Serena's neck, hovering just below it.
With a quick movement of his hands and arm Radiance snapped Serena's neck.

The signs of life leaving her instantly and her body slumping back.

Emerald stopped in her tracks. It was hard to see her expression, the shadows fell over her head, obscuring most of her face.

Firewing sprinted forward and took a sudden, massive swing at Angelo.

558 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 17:50

(Storage Room)

A piercing screech from the other room, indicated that the elevator was on the move again.

"There! Its coming down!" Clopin called, pointing ahead and running into the other room.

As the elevator descended, it revealed a large opening in the ceiling.

"Everyone! We got to get up there now! Before it closes again! Burner, destroy the engine!"

559 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 19:59

Arnold grits his teeth, trying to hang on. The thrashing makes him lose his weapon, the loss making him stay there. He then pulls on it with his hands, despite the pain. Slowly budging it.

Angelo puts on a cold face, as the swing starts. Seeing the incoming greatsword, he wastes no time and does a very close dodge. Then, once Firewing is left open by her own attack, he quickly stabs her.

Twilight rubs her eyes, clearing out what the flash has done. "Well, that could go better." She then aims at the sword, castin a spell to make ice form around it, ice stuck to the ground.

View user profile

560 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 20:20

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Storage Room)

A piercing screech from the other room, indicated that the elevator was on the move again.

"There! Its coming down!" Clopin called, pointing ahead and running into the other room.

As the elevator descended, it revealed a large opening in the ceiling.

"Everyone! We got to get up there now! Before it closes again! Burner, destroy the engine!"

"Samantha, d'you have enough control over your new rig to keep up?" Rogue asks her.

View user profile

561 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 20:25

Burner laughs at cookie before prancing after the elevator. She disappears within the room

She looks at the engine and hums quitely with a flick of a lighter to light the torch on her finger she places the bomb and lights the fuse. After a few moments smoke begins pouring out of the bomb, "EVERYBODY DOWN!" She crys out as she hits the deck. She rolls over to take a look at what's happening with the bomb.

Rain blushes, "Cookie I have a girlfriend! I was just mentioning that if I was single I would probably date whoever this mare was... not specifically you silly girl." She clears her throat, " anywho it's nice to meet you samantha... I'm still gonna call you cookie." She cracks a smile to her.

View user profile

562 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Wed 14 Feb - 22:05

(Everyone)

"Don't worry" Cookie smiled to Rogue: "I'm a fast learner. Got a super computer in here you know" she tapped her head with her finger.

"Bring forth, the next sacrifice" Hawkin's voice boomed over the room, as the cargo elevator went down.

A heart beat later, a strong explosion rocked the area, making the walls shake. The elevator came to a grinding halt, as its main engine was ripped apart.

Hawkins leaned forward in his seat, looking down at the rising smoke from the elevator and scowled:
"...what have you done.."

"90 SECONDS!" Madelyn yelled over room: "AND THE CONTROL CABIN WILL BE OPEN!"

Clopin and Cookie nodded to everyone and sprinted towards the cargo elevator, now half stuck between floors. Making huge leaps, they began climbing over it and onto the floor where the Tiger and Firewing were still attacking.

The Tiger emitted a long howl, arcing its back, as Arnold, Kaylee and Mercer finally pried its metal plate open. A series of sockets and microchips came into view, underneath.
The Tiger's chassis was heavily shaking, with even the most subtle of its movements, but you still managed to identify the Neurochip, and the Plume of Dusk.

They're right under Arnold's feet, completely exposed.

Emerald was still standing in place, frozen and unmoving, as the fight raged on.

As Angelo attempted to stab Firewing, the sword went forward and came to an abrupt stop, becoming stuck in the plate mail.
Between Firewings metal chassis and the heavy armor she was wearing, the sword failed to pierce the defenses and do any damage.

Firewing suddenly extended her gloved metal hand and grabbed Angelo's sword, right by the razor edge. She then stuck it under her armpit and violently twisted in place, ripping the sword out of Angelo's hands.

The next second she planted her armored boot in his chest, sending him flying a meter back.

As Twilights spell took effect, Firewing looked at her great sword that was now frozen to the ground, and let it go. Instead, she took a firm grip of the sword she took from Angelo.

Emerald was still frozen in place, staring at the ground with wide open eyes:
"...she... she fought... for me... for Labyrinth victims.." she slowly began: "...you... killed her... Serena... wanted to help us... the victims... she cared about us!... she understood, she-"

"My god.." Hawkins tilted his head to the side: "...you actually started to idolize her, after she died in your mission... you barely even knew her...
You think she fought.. for you? Think she was a selfless, heroic person, who gave it her all, to save the Labyrinth victims?
You poor, naive girl... Serena was-"

"I told you, not to SPEAK HER NAME!" Emerald barked, then suddenly went pale, as the picture on the large TV screen changed.

"Oh!" Serena's voice loudly echoed across the room. A recording of her, standing inside a Labyrinth cave, began playing:
"Excuse me while I care about the rumba who's apparently pulling weapons out of her ass now!"

The recording changed, back to Radiance and Serena, locked in a cramped room:

"Fuck you!" Serena suddenly yelled: "Fuck you, and every single one of you Plume of Dusk cunts!
You've brought nothing but pain. You're not sorry! You're a fucking computer programmed to respond!
"

Emerald was staring at the screen with wide open eyes, before strength left her legs and she fell to her knees.
Extremely bitter tears began to appear in her eyes, as she covered her face with her hands. And began laughing. A bitter, hysterical and broken laugh.

Something inside her was breaking, reflecting inside her voice.

"...Silly little girl" Hawkins quietly called: "Did you think someone cared about you?

Did you think someone cared about your feelings? Or the pain you experienced? Or the horror you endured?
You're not a person to them.

You're a machine. A vacuum cleaner. A silly little Rumba that crawls around the carpet, cleaning up people's dust.

Your feelings aren't real to them. Your pain, is just a programmed to response"

563 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 15 Feb - 0:50

As rain flys into the room she freezes. Her face shocked as she stares ahead. Her eyes flick to the man in the control room her vision blurs a moment before something stirs within her, "you... brought her back..." She says quitely, "m-my sister... you turned her into... one of... those fucking things..." tears well in her eyes as she chuckles. Her fists ball, her nails digging into her palms and blood trickles down off of her knuckles, "I'm going to fucking kill you..." She growls drawing her blade and approaching her mechanical sister, "FIRE LET'S GO. RIGHT HERE!" She pulls off her jacket and whips it at the firey haired mare, her blood boiling and her eyes filled with something far worse then rage.

Burner hums as she approaches the control room her torch igniting and she looks for a spot. She adjusts her torch and attempts to heat up whatever material it was.

View user profile

564 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 15 Feb - 15:28

Kaylee Brown wrote:(Everyone)

"Don't worry" Cookie smiled to Rogue: "I'm a fast learner. Got a super computer in here you know" she tapped her head with her finger.

"Bring forth, the next sacrifice" Hawkin's voice boomed over the room, as the cargo elevator went down.

A heart beat later, a strong explosion rocked the area, making the walls shake. The elevator came to a grinding halt, as its main engine was ripped apart.

Hawkins leaned forward in his seat, looking down at the rising smoke from the elevator and scowled:
"...what have you done.."

"90 SECONDS!" Madelyn yelled over room: "AND THE CONTROL CABIN WILL BE OPEN!"

Clopin and Cookie nodded to everyone and sprinted towards the cargo elevator, now half stuck between floors. Making huge leaps, they began climbing over it and onto the floor where the Tiger and Firewing were still attacking.

The Tiger emitted a long howl, arcing its back, as Arnold, Kaylee and Mercer finally pried its metal plate open. A series of sockets and microchips came into view, underneath.
The Tiger's chassis was heavily shaking, with even the most subtle of its movements, but you still managed to identify the Neurochip, and the Plume of Dusk.

They're right under Arnold's feet, completely exposed.

Emerald was still standing in place, frozen and unmoving, as the fight raged on.

As Angelo attempted to stab Firewing, the sword went forward and came to an abrupt stop, becoming stuck in the plate mail.
Between Firewings metal chassis and the heavy armor she was wearing, the sword failed to pierce the defenses and do any damage.

Firewing suddenly extended her gloved metal hand and grabbed Angelo's sword, right by the razor edge. She then stuck it under her armpit and violently twisted in place, ripping the sword out of Angelo's hands.

The next second she planted her armored boot in his chest, sending him flying a meter back.

As Twilights spell took effect, Firewing looked at her great sword that was now frozen to the ground, and let it go. Instead, she took a firm grip of the sword she took from Angelo.

Emerald was still frozen in place, staring at the ground with wide open eyes:
"...she... she fought... for me... for Labyrinth victims.." she slowly began: "...you... killed her... Serena... wanted to help us... the victims... she cared about us!... she understood, she-"

"My god.." Hawkins tilted his head to the side: "...you actually started to idolize her, after she died in your mission... you barely even knew her...
You think she fought.. for you? Think she was a selfless, heroic person, who gave it her all, to save the Labyrinth victims?
You poor, naive girl... Serena was-"

"I told you, not to SPEAK HER NAME!" Emerald barked, then suddenly went pale, as the picture on the large TV screen changed.

"Oh!" Serena's voice loudly echoed across the room. A recording of her, standing inside a Labyrinth cave, began playing:
"Excuse me while I care about the rumba who's apparently pulling weapons out of her ass now!"

The recording changed, back to Radiance and Serena, locked in a cramped room:

"Fuck you!" Serena suddenly yelled: "Fuck you, and every single one of you Plume of Dusk cunts!
You've brought nothing but pain. You're not sorry! You're a fucking computer programmed to respond!
"

Emerald was staring at the screen with wide open eyes, before strength left her legs and she fell to her knees.
Extremely bitter tears began to appear in her eyes, as she covered her face with her hands. And began laughing. A bitter, hysterical and broken laugh.

Something inside her was breaking, reflecting inside her voice.

"...Silly little girl" Hawkins quietly called: "Did you think someone cared about you?

Did you think someone cared about your feelings? Or the pain you experienced? Or the horror you endured?
You're not a person to them.

You're a machine. A vacuum cleaner. A silly little Rumba that crawls around the carpet, cleaning up people's dust.

Your feelings aren't real to them. Your pain, is just a programmed to response"

"We have our entrance" Rogue says, and grabs everyone else with telekinesis and levitates them all up to the main floor above.

Analysing the scene around him, Rogue looks towards the command room "Is that the guy we're up against? Not what I expected."

"So's our pain, a programmed response to stimulus, just in a different language to hers" Rogue retorts "We're all robots of one kind or another, biological or mechanical, it doesn't matter. The feelings're still real."

He turns to Emerald "Emerald, you're more than a machine, just like we're more than animals. We've all developed long past our original designs, become something greater. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise."

View user profile

565 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 15 Feb - 19:43

(Naomi)
As Naomi is released from the levitation she drops to hands and knees. Her eyes going wide and face going pale.

She wipes her mouth then regains her footing, face still a little pale "Ok, looks like magical levitation is on the no list"

(Radiance)
Radiance turns towards Fire and darts towards her. At the last moment he ducks around her and throws a controlled strike towards the back of her head, where the Plum of Dusk should be, then jumps back about 5 meters with a controlled flap of his wings.

"Serena still cared, there's a difference between anger and fear "Radiance calls out to Emerald "So whatever you're feeling, let it prove you are more alive then he gives you credit for!

(Frost)
From her spot on the ground, Frost raises her hand. Three ice spikes materialize then launch towards the screen on the wall.

View user profile

566 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 15 Feb - 21:46

The TV screen loudly cracked in three places, as the spikes pierced it whole, embedding themselves in the wall. The picture became distorted, then went dark.

"She cared huh.." Hawkins called with a smirk: "... you know, they say most people wear masks. They pretend to be polite. And good mannered and kind, when they are in public, where everyone can see them.
It is only when they are outside their comfort zone and pinned against the wall, that's when they show their true colors... And Serena did show us, quite a lot..."

Emerald was sitting on her knees, crying and laughing in hysteria, covering her head with both hands and pulling at her hair.

Clopin heard her voice and charged towards her: "Em?.. Emerald!" He fell on the floor next to her and took hold of her shoulders.

"...I'm a real person!" She sobbed: "I'm real! My feeling are real! My pain is real! I am not a machine!!!"

Clopin tried to gently shake her shoulders but she didn't react. His expression began turning pale:
"...she's having a psychotic episode... the Phantom Body Syndrome... it causes a bipolar disorder in her... that bastard knew exactly what buttons to push" he said, scowling at Hawkins.

"Me?" Hawkins grinned: "I didn't say anything" he smugly looked at the broken TV screen, then shifted his gaze at Burner and her torch:

"Keep at it pyromaniac, maybe in a hundred years you'll melt a tiny hole in there"

Firewing zeroed in on Rain, frowned and began to approach. Rains jacket flew right at Firewing and ended up wrapping over her face. The next second, Radiance's strike connected with the back of her neck.

Firewing slightly wobbled forward and angrily tore off the jacket. The strike didn't seem to do any form of damage.

"Sis-ter" she said in a monotone, aimed her blade towards Rain and charged forward. Her legs, clad in plate armor, released a heavy thud with each of her steps.

"Do you like her design?" Hawkins called: "Its a new schematic. She's a tier above Maddie and Emerald. A 4th Generation. Heavier armor, thicker. Not like the tinfoil rubbish you faced until now. Specifically designed for anti-personnel warfare"

Hawkin's smile began to grow wider: "The statistic projections claimed she could face down a battalion of soldiers, alone.

I'd love stay and watch but, this is where I'll be taking my leave...."

Hawkins leaned over his control console and pressed some sort of button. A few seconds passed.

Nothing happened.

Hawkins frowned and pressed the button again. Then again and again. Drops of sweat began to appear on his forehead.

"...trying to catapult yourself to the surface?" Madelyn quietly called from her corner:
"Did you forget I spent 44 years in this lab?
I know every nook and cranny in this place, including the ejection mechanism in your control cabin.
It was the first thing I disabled, when I initiated the hack"

For the first time, Hawkin's face changed. The smile faded, replaced by an emotionless mask:

"...it won't matter... 30 seconds from now, the communications blackout will end. I'll have you by the balls"

"The cabin door will open 4 seconds before that.." Madelyn quietly called: "You know, I kept wandering, there's Seven of you Opera Assholes. Why are you the only one down here?

And then it hit me.
You're the newest recruit. The youngest one. And therefore, expendable.

While the other Opera Seven members crawl and hide in the deepest holes of Adelheid, they put you in the control room, to face us... and they made you their patsy."

Hawkin's face darkened.

Madelyn smirked: "...what's wrong. Nothing to say? Did I struck a nerve"

"...I'm going to enjoy killing you" Hawkins quietly muttered.

567 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 15 Feb - 22:46

(Naomi)
Naomi sprinted forwards towards Emerald, she pushes Clopin out of the way gripping Emerald by the shoulders.

Naomi slams hear head into Emeralds. Locking eyes with her and staring intently into them. She doesn't say anything but grips Emerald by the side of the head, forcing her to look at the mechanic's eyes. Grounding her with something real to focus on.

View user profile

568 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 15 Feb - 23:06

"...what do you want from me... Naomi" Emerald weakly said, as tears streamed down her cheeks:

"I know you don't trust me. I know you don't care about my... social justice... or my dreams...
So what do you want.

Are you afraid of me? Is that it? Afraid the crazy girl will go bonkers. Is that why you're pretending to care?...

Is this your.. mask?"

569 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Thu 15 Feb - 23:30

Rain readys herself, "if you really are my sister you know I'm faster then you, and smarter... what I lack In strength I make up for with everything you arent..." She opens her wings the four of them spreading out, "I know your tricks and you know mine..." She huffs as she watches her charge for only a moment. As soon as contact happens she steps aside, the hilt of her blade smashing against the blade and guiding it downwards, she draws an arrow from her quiver and makes a quick turn she slams the arrow in between the plate armor and steps back as her sister continues charging, "She's like a bull, people! You can't pierce that armor so sum for openings and joints! She fights with no well being to herself and throws her weight around! Dodge and weave, don't attack before she does do it when she's winding up!"

View user profile

570 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 16 Feb - 9:13

(Frost)
Frost, from her position leaning against the wall, starts to weave together a spell. Muttering under her breath and weaving her fingers in mid-air. Like her fingers are spiders spinning a web. The purpose of the spell at this point is unclear.

(Radiance)
Radiance darts forwards again, reaching Fire just as the arrow is stuck in. Dropping to his knees and sweep of his legs he strikes the flat of the downturned sword. Forcing it to angle towards Fire's legs and attempt to trip her. His body continues it's forward moment as he rotates to a three-point landing sliding back into a position near Rain then regaining his footing.

(Naomi)
"I don't want you to fade into yourself. I don't want you to become apathetic like me. I understand loss and failed dreams more than you realize, it's why I've been acting the way I have been. I can't care about your dreams or goals, they're yours. But I'll be damed if I let you give up on them!"

View user profile

571 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 16 Feb - 16:46

Emerald released a weak smile: "...I believe you"

"10 SECONDS!" Madelyn yelled from across the room.

Firewing's eyes were unfocused, as she charged forward. She was taking in the whole picture, at the same time.
As Radiance kicked her sword towards her feet, Firewing jumped and rolled forward, over her head and right shoulder. Without slowing down she came back into a standing position and continued to run.
The arrow that was stuck in her shoulder blade, somewhat restricted her right arms movement.

The next events happened almost in unison. Time seemed to slow down, as you watched everything unfold.

Firewing spinned in place, hurling her sword towards Madelyn.
And as Firewing continued to spin, a monofilament whip unfolded out of her left arm and shot right towards Frost and her tome.

Emerald suddenly rolled on her back and planted both feet into Naomi's chest, pushing her away. Then, she rolled backwards and shot into the air with an inhuman leap.

Something became unbuckled from her belt and a dozen tiny balls scattered over the floor, bouncing up and down across the room.

The next second, a series of extremely loud pops echoed over the room.

You briefly go deaf. The entire room became suddenly engulfed in thick clouds of smoke, completely obscuring your vision.

Only shadows and silhouettes danced across your eyes, stumbling and running around in the smoke.

As your hearing began to slightly return, you heard a loud automated announcement voice from above:

"CONTROL ROOM - UNLOCKED" a synthetic female voice called.

Burner was suddenly pushed aside by a silhouette and you heard a young man's panicked scream and a thud.

"CONTROL ROOM - SEALED" the automated voice called again.

You try to make out the silhouettes in the smoke, but your visibility remained zero.

A short looking shadow suddenly fell from above and bumped into Rain:

"OW! Oh...- Rain? Wha-.. what's happening!..-" Kaylee's voice echoed from somewhere.

"DID WE GET HIM?" Councilor Mercer yelled over the racket: "DID WE GET HAWKINS?!"

"My-... my wire's been cut!" you heard Madelyn: "I can't hack the mainframe anymore-"

"ATTENTION" The automated female voice echoed over the room again:
"ARGUS SATELLITES - ONE - THROUGH - FIVE - HAVE REACHED GEOSYNCHRONOUS ORBIT.
WIRELESS COMMUNICATION HAS BEEN RESTORED.
DIGITAL WALTZ NETWORK CONNECTION - RE-ESTABLISHED
"

The smoke began to clear.

You suddenly noticed Hawkins, laying on his back, in the middle of the room, a few feet from Burner and weakly moving his limbs.

He appears to be completely disoriented, but unharmed.

As you look towards the control cabin, it appears to be locked once again.

Emerald was standing inside, looking down with a very strange smile.
Her hand, resting on the Black Box.

Down below. Firewing readjusted her vision and zeroed in on Kaylee, then charged right at her, bringing her whip for another attack.

"...Emerald..." Kaylee called in panic: "..Emerald, make her stop... EMERALD!" Kaylee screamed in fear.

"BLACK BOX - ORDER - 31#B3 - INITIALIZING" An automated voice called from above:
"ALL UNITS - STOP"

Firewing suddenly froze in her tracks.

So did the Tiger.

Emerald was quietly watching everyone from above, her hand still resting on the Black Box. Dim, green lights ran over it, as Emerald gently moved her fingers across the Black Box' surface.

Kaylee, Madelyn and Cookie slowly looked up. They seem to be somewhat tired and out of breath.

"Emerald?" Clopin called: "You okay up there?"

Emerald didn't answer right away. Her eyes were somewhat unfocused, as she moved her hand across the Black Box:
"...I have control of the Digital Waltz" she quietly said with a smile: "...I waited for this moment... so long..." she closed her eyes, her smile grew wider:
"Firewing" She called after a moment: "Break your shackles"

Firewing robotically reached into the back of her own head, and tore out the Neurochip. Then jolted and blinked several times.

Kaylee sighed in relief.

Clopin looked up again: "...hey.. Em?.. could you.. open the door please?... its over now, you can come out of there"

"...soon" Emerald grinned: "...we still have to find the other Opera Seven members ... don't we... and I have the Digital Waltz resources at my disposal..."

Hawkins seems to be coming to, in the meantime. He looked around the room with a haunted expression and attempted to crawl towards the broken elevator hole.

572 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 16 Feb - 17:32

Kaylee Brown wrote:Emerald released a weak smile: "...I believe you"

"10 SECONDS!" Madelyn yelled from across the room.

Firewing's eyes were unfocused, as she charged forward. She was taking in the whole picture, at the same time.
As Radiance kicked her sword towards her feet, Firewing jumped and rolled forward, over her head and right shoulder. Without slowing down she came back into a standing position and continued to run.
The arrow that was stuck in her shoulder blade, somewhat restricted her right arms movement.

The next events happened almost in unison. Time seemed to slow down, as you watched everything unfold.

Firewing spinned in place, hurling her sword towards Madelyn.
And as Firewing continued to spin, a monofilament whip unfolded out of her left arm and shot right towards Frost and her tome.

Emerald suddenly rolled on her back and planted both feet into Naomi's chest, pushing her away. Then, she rolled backwards and shot into the air with an inhuman leap.

Something became unbuckled from her belt and a dozen tiny balls scattered over the floor, bouncing up and down across the room.

The next second, a series of extremely loud pops echoed over the room.

You briefly go deaf. The entire room became suddenly engulfed in thick clouds of smoke, completely obscuring your vision.

Only shadows and silhouettes danced across your eyes, stumbling and running around in the smoke.

As your hearing began to slightly return, you heard a loud automated announcement voice from above:

"CONTROL ROOM - UNLOCKED" a synthetic female voice called.

Burner was suddenly pushed aside by a silhouette and you heard a young man's panicked scream and a thud.

"CONTROL ROOM - SEALED" the automated voice called again.

You try to make out the silhouettes in the smoke, but your visibility remained zero.

A short looking shadow suddenly fell from above and bumped into Rain:

"OW! Oh...- Rain? Wha-.. what's happening!..-" Kaylee's voice echoed from somewhere.

"DID WE GET HIM?" Councilor Mercer yelled over the racket: "DID WE GET HAWKINS?!"

"My-... my wire's been cut!" you heard Madelyn: "I can't hack the mainframe anymore-"

"ATTENTION" The automated female voice echoed over the room again:
"ARGUS SATELLITES - ONE - THROUGH - FIVE - HAVE REACHED GEOSYNCHRONOUS ORBIT.
WIRELESS COMMUNICATION HAS BEEN RESTORED.
DIGITAL WALTZ NETWORK CONNECTION - RE-ESTABLISHED
"

The smoke began to clear.

You suddenly noticed Hawkins, laying on his back, in the middle of the room, a few feet from Burner and weakly moving his limbs.

He appears to be completely disoriented, but unharmed.

As you look towards the control cabin, it appears to be locked once again.

Emerald was standing inside, looking down with a very strange smile.
Her hand, resting on the Black Box.

Down below. Firewing readjusted her vision and zeroed in on Kaylee, then charged right at her, bringing her whip for another attack.

"...Emerald..." Kaylee called in panic: "..Emerald, make her stop... EMERALD!" Kaylee screamed in fear.

"BLACK BOX - ORDER - 31#B3 - INITIALIZING" An automated voice called from above:
"ALL UNITS - STOP"

Firewing suddenly froze in her tracks.

So did the Tiger.

Emerald was quietly watching everyone from above, her hand still resting on the Black Box. Dim, green lights ran over it, as Emerald gently moved her fingers across the Black Box' surface.

Kaylee, Madelyn and Cookie slowly looked up. They seem to be somewhat tired and out of breath.

"Emerald?" Clopin called: "You okay up there?"

Emerald didn't answer right away. Her eyes were somewhat unfocused, as she moved her hand across the Black Box:
"...I have control of the Digital Waltz" she quietly said with a smile: "...I waited for this moment... so long..." she closed her eyes, her smile grew wider:
"Firewing" She called after a moment: "Break your shackles"

Firewing robotically reached into the back of her own head, and tore out the Neurochip. Then jolted and blinked several times.

Kaylee sighed in relief.

Clopin looked up again: "...hey.. Em?.. could you.. open the door please?... its over now, you can come out of there"

"...soon" Emerald grinned: "...we still have to find the other Opera Seven members ... don't we... and I have the Digital Waltz resources at my disposal..."

Hawkins seems to be coming to, in the meantime. He looked around the room with a haunted expression and attempted to crawl towards the broken elevator hole.

"Afraid not, chum" Rogue says, grabbing Hawkins in telekinesis and levitating him up off the floor so he can't escape, "The authorities'll be wanting to've a word with you..."

"Surely the other members would've anticipated this scenario, hidden their tracks?" he then asks Emerald.

View user profile

573 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 16 Feb - 18:02

Twilight began to stand next to Rogue, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Let him go. I know you want to be an agent of justice here, but he's MY responsibility. Stay out of this discussion, it does not concern the likes of you."

She then makes a few movements with her hands, the spell breaks, causing the taunting man to drop to the floor. After that, she walks over there ands she puts her foot down on the back of Hawkings, keeping him in place. She points one finger at his head. "You and I are going to have a little talk, Andrew. And whatever you tell me, will decide your fate, so choose your words carefully."

Arnold sighs in relief, then digs out the neurochip, leaving the plume intact, for now. "... Ted, is that you in there?"

Angelo looks up at Emerald. "Hey, I have an idea for their deaths, why not cut off their resources, let them waste away. Also, you may want to considder tapping into that unlimited power for a few changes.

Arnold frowned at that. "What kind of selfish thing will you demand from her?!"

Angelo gave a quiet reply. "Perhaps the freezing or erasure of certain points of everyone's past here from documents, so we won't have to act divided as soon as the Waltz is gone."

This made Arnold look confused. "... What?"

View user profile

574 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 16 Feb - 18:41

(Frost)
Frost had managed to pull up a shield just in time. Blocking the whip from striking her. Clutching her chest she limps forwards.

"Let me kill him Twilight," Frost coughs then winces

(Radiance)
Radiance steps around to the front of Hawkins and folds his arms. He doesn't say anything but his presence is there to punctate Twilight and to add an air of intimidation.

(Naomi)
"Don't touch my history, you crazy people and wanting to erase past sins." Naomi steps over to Burner and helps her up "And why do have to act divided when this is done? There is nothing stopping us all from getting ruckusly drunk once we finish up in here."

View user profile

575 Re: Digital Waltz - Part 2 on Fri 16 Feb - 21:10

Blue, blonde and purple wrote:Twilight began to stand next to Rogue, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Let him go. I know you want to be an agent of justice here, but he's MY responsibility. Stay out of this discussion, it does not concern the likes of you."

She then makes a few movements with her hands, the spell breaks, causing the taunting man to drop to the floor. After that, she walks over there ands she puts her foot down on the back of Hawkings, keeping him in place. She points one finger at his head. "You and I are going to have a little talk, Andrew. And whatever you tell me, will decide your fate, so choose your words carefully."

Arnold sighs in relief, then digs out the neurochip, leaving the plume intact, for now. "... Ted, is that you in there?"

Angelo looks up at Emerald. "Hey, I have an idea for their deaths, why not cut off their resources, let them waste away. Also, you may want to considder tapping into that unlimited power for a few changes.

Arnold frowned at that. "What kind of selfish thing will you demand from her?!"

Angelo gave a quiet reply. "Perhaps the freezing or erasure of certain points of everyone's past here from documents, so we won't have to act divided as soon as the Waltz is gone."

This made Arnold look confused. "... What?"

"You can't kill him, it's illegal, and unlike him, the likes of us still try to follow that" Rogue says "Plus, if you kill him, he doesn't have to live with the consequences of his actions. You'd essentially be letting him off scot-free. He has to face trial and officially be accused of his crimes in front of the world, or else it's just an insult to all those he hurt. You're supposedly a world leader, shouldn't the rules of law and justice be paramount to you?"

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum